Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's erryone up to?
This poll is closed.
work :( 13 1.78%
doin' some stuff around the house 14 1.92%
chillin 16 2.19%
chillin real hard 11 1.51%
hail satan 676 92.60%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

what was less rad were the high number of short blonde women aggressively slam dancing to slow doom metal.

Umm that actually sounds pretty rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

8th-snype posted:

Umm that actually sounds pretty rad

In theory yes, in practice no, getting head butted by people getting knocked over and people losing their drinks is not cool.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

voodoorootbeer posted:

Dick pix every week for two years.

this but unironically

also i'm gettin' my craft beer on hard, as one does on a saturday night after working all day

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Spedman posted:

In theory yes, in practice no, getting head butted by people getting knocked over and people losing their drinks is not cool.

The only real option in the those situations is to become of them.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

The only real option in the those situations is to become of them.

soetimes the only place your drink is safe is in your bloodstream. really makes you think uknow

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I developed 10 rolls of E-6 135 - 9 of Fuji Sensia 100 and 1 of Velvia 50.

Non-weekend plans include finishing shooting three more rolls to develop with the E-6 kit along with 2 rolls of Elite Chrome.

Thrill-a-minute 'round here.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

ExecuDork posted:

Fuji Sensia 100

Elite Chrome.

look at me and my unobtanium films

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

voodoorootbeer posted:

look at me and my unobtanium films

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujichrome-Sensia-100-Film-6-rolls-24-exposures-2010-/281516698328?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item418bb3ead8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Four-Roll...=item339a01eda4

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

$18.99 shipping you have to be some variant of loving kidding me

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

voodoorootbeer posted:

there is this super brand new thing where people make the product cheap but with high-but-vaguely-plausible shipping because ebay doesn't charge fees on shipping costs.

not like it's been goin' on since ebay first existed or anything :v:

or maybe they do charge fees on shipping costs now, i dunno, they might just want to make the price look lower.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

voodoorootbeer posted:

I just picked random ebay examples. I'm sure you could find something that more suits your needs in regards to shipping. Honestly though those are both consumer 35mm slide films and that makes them idiot garbage for miniature formats (tbh).

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
If negatives are for prints and slides are for projectors, are there medium format slide projectors? Or is there some other use for slide film I don't know about? I guess it scans easier but that's a relatively new thing.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
monday postin in the weekend thread

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

hi i'm garfield

gently caress everything

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

try it with a lime posted:

gently caress everything

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

hi i'm garfield

gently caress everything

i like lasagna

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

gently caress anything

posting on a monday.
gently caress the police.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

gently caress the police.

ok, but no breath play

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

chillin tonite, doin some photo stuff tomorrow.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Just chillin. Glad the weather has chilled out a bit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Did play by play for 2 high school hockey games on TV. I'm so tired

But first, imma pet Winston some

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just landed in Perth for a conference, gonna drink wine with the Uncle and hide from people I don't want to see anymore.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Was informed last night that not only am I working Sat night but I am being held Sunday night for mandatory overtime. I'm not sure even contract double time is worth this much bullshit. In summation gently caress my job in it's stupid understaffed face. (also if anyone wants to be an ambulance dispatcher, get at me we have lots of openings)

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
I and a couple of friends had a beer test last night, we got drunk. Look - Smell - Taste

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
I've been making some progress on my holiday cards for this year.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Tried that for my sisters card, didn't work out so well. She didn't head my warning that negative space is necessary for the effect:

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I bought this bitchin' axe.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I bought this bitchin' axe.

What an odd place for the 3 way switch.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
It's my kid's 2nd birthday tomorrow so I'll be taking a lot of photos, but they won't be posted here

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

photo booth done, was having vodcrans because all their beer was shameful, a dude stepped on one of them but he felt real bad about it

now i'm back at home with five taquitos from 7-11 because it's all that was open, and a couple hundred dollars in my pocket from people who for some reason wanted physical evidence that they were a drunken horror show at the christmas party

not a bad night

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

photo booth done, was having vodcrans because all their beer was shameful, a dude stepped on one of them but he felt real bad about it

now i'm back at home with five taquitos from 7-11 because it's all that was open, and a couple hundred dollars in my pocket from people who for some reason wanted physical evidence that they were a drunken horror show at the christmas party

not a bad night

bro, if someone stepped on my vodcrans, I would gas them and throw them off a building.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to see this: http://www.armoryonpark.org/programs_events/detail/tears_become_streams_become, which looks neat.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Did a course-end portfolio review for traditional photography 2 (advanced darkroom printing)

Setting up my scanner to scan the huge backlog of film from aforementioned class.

SoundMonkey posted:

not a bad night

Got drunk at a work holiday party and brought home physical evidence that I was a drunken horror show at a christmas party.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

bro, if someone stepped on my vodcrans, I would gas them and throw them off a building.

morning report: was gonna get toe' up from the flo' up after photo booth, ended up just having a couple beers and watching some LPs because i keep forgetting to plug the piracy drive back into the router upstairs

also it was only like half full and tendy mcbarguy wasnt going too hard on the vod so i wasn't that pissed off really

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Today I edited some lovely photos, ate some cereal (Corn Pops & Cocoa Pebbles) made some grilled cheese, and cleaned my apartment a little bit. Right now I'm sitting here drinking a coca cola and am kind of unhappy with how this day has gone.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I watched this masterpiece

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Already Monday here.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Spedman posted:

Already Monday here.

sucks to be you

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Finished developing the E-6, including a roll of Ektar I decided to shoot and cross-process; orange is the new... nah, it's just a bit trippy.

I love boring, consumer-grade slide film. This is expired Fuji Sensia 100 that sat in my freezer for about two-and-a-half years after I exposed it. Underexposed, obviously, due to in-camera underexposure, age of film, time spent in freezer after exposure, my general incompetence, poor temperature and time control during developing, old chemicals, or some combination of factors. Still pretty great, to me.
Fuji Sensia 100 4 027 by Execudork, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

Finished developing the E-6, including a roll of Ektar I decided to shoot and cross-process; orange is the new... nah, it's just a bit trippy.

I love boring, consumer-grade slide film. This is expired Fuji Sensia 100 that sat in my freezer for about two-and-a-half years after I exposed it. Underexposed, obviously, due to in-camera underexposure, age of film, time spent in freezer after exposure, my general incompetence, poor temperature and time control during developing, old chemicals, or some combination of factors. Still pretty great, to me.
Fuji Sensia 100 4 027 by Execudork, on Flickr

poo poo is pretty flippin cool

• Locked thread