Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's erryone up to?
This poll is closed.
work :( 13 1.78%
doin' some stuff around the house 14 1.92%
chillin 16 2.19%
chillin real hard 11 1.51%
hail satan 676 92.60%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spedman posted:

G'day Shortbus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Mr. Despair posted:

was that sri lanka - new zealand? I turned on some cricket match on watchespn but they were in a lunch break so I turned it off before it got boring (they were going to start playing again soon, you see).

Australia vs India at the MCG, you never have a Test Match without the home country playing, One Dayers and T20 matches tend to be whoever is touring.

Also here's a family Christmas tradition of drunk feats of strength, this one done while wearing a farmers hat:
http://youtu.be/m2Mjtn0La_Y

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Spedman posted:

One Dayers

Reminder that this term exists because matches that only take a single day are in fact the exception, not the rule.

To hell with cricket.

It can be entertaining to read about matches on BBC though, I can read an entire article about a cricket match, while having a good command of the English language, and still not be able to tell you who won.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Reminder that this term exists because matches that only take a single day are in fact the exception, not the rule.

To hell with cricket.

It can be entertaining to read about matches on BBC though, I can read an entire article about a cricket match, while having a good command of the English language, and still not be able to tell you who won.

No one wins

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

8th-snype posted:

No one wins

That's called a draw, and tied tests have happened too. Back in the day tests didn't have a day limit and just played until a result, where one test in the 1950's had to be ended "prematurely" because Australia had to get on the boat to go back home from South Africa.

T20's are the new form of the game, takes about as long as a game of baseball, garbage cricket.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Spedman posted:

That's called a draw, and tied tests have happened too. Back in the day tests didn't have a day limit and just played until a result, where one test in the 1950's had to be ended "prematurely" because Australia had to get on the boat to go back home from South Africa.

T20's are the new form of the game, takes about as long as a game of baseball, garbage cricket.

yeah, once you stay awake through an entire match you tend to realize how horrible cricket is.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

everything i know about cricket i learned from that amazing world cup OP that oystertoadfish did a couple years ago

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

DJExile posted:

everything i know about cricket i learned from that amazing world cup OP that oystertoadfish did a couple years ago

that was a great op

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I found it!

quote:

australia
these guys are dick-cunts and assbutts of the finest order, and they're really good at cricket as they are at every other sport, but right now they're in disarray so hopefully they don't rear end the butt gently caress out of a win in this horseshit.

:allears:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
"Whatcha doing Keera girl?"

"Hailing satan"

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

"Hailing satan"

same

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I like to hail satan in the evening so I have something to look forward to all day.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I like to cook it relaxes me.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Heil hater

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Being a massive oval office makes you a true Aussie cricketer

Also watching the last day of the test on the couch with the worst hangover I can ever remember having, after my brothers bucks party last night (which also started at the cricket).

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Can I get a "Hail Satan?"

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

update on my evening: miniature cuban cigars cured my upset stomach. doctors are baffled.

this one weird trick from my mom's boyfriend who got them as gift but found them too strong for him and gave them to me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RangerScum posted:

Hail Satan

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

TomR posted:

My 2014 review:

Here's mine:

135/2 still the best lens

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

46 goddamn photos a day

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

ansel autisms posted:

46 goddamn photos a day

hail satan fo sho

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

whos autistic now

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bubbacub posted:

whos autistic now
it's a spectrum not a race, drat

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Happy New Years - Hail Satan

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Did you guys know that if you rearrange the letters in "Happy New Year" you get "Hail Satan" ?? tmyk

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

RangerScum posted:

Did you guys know that if you rearrange the letters in "Hail Satan" you get "Hail Satan" ?? tmyk

:aaaaa:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hi Dorkroom, I miss you. Happy New Year.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Hi Dorkroom. Hail Satan. Happy New Year.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mightaswell posted:

Hi Dorkroom. Hail Satan. Happy New Year.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

thank you, dark lord, for arranging the year such that new years day runs directly into friday and the weekend thread may live on

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

SoundMonkey posted:

thank you, dark lord, for arranging the year such that new years day runs directly into friday and the weekend thread may live on

makes u think about higher powers at work eh?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SoundMonkey posted:

hail satan

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
A bokeh firework.

New Year 2014 by dabrovnijk, on Flickr

New Year 2014 by dabrovnijk, on Flickr

erephus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006