Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's basically a bad habit to raid retirement accounts for cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Not to mention thanks to Uncle Sam, credit is cheap right now.

With good credit you can expect to pay 2% to 3% for a auto loan, which wouldn't involved raiding retirement savings.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Where can I find guaranteed market gains all you people keep referencing? Am I to assume the market only goes up forever at 3.5%? You are confusing me.

For a 20k car using the retirement money piggybank option the dividends alone tend to pay 2 to 3 percent along with any market gain for the year.

It's why using retirement accounts for piggybank and loan is not recommended financial advisors.

Assuming you have good credit being able to get a low cost loan is the preferable option.

• Locked thread