Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, that's an interesting little something. Red's "get out of Traverson" comment is I think the first one she's just tossed out there without retyping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think that up until now the Camerata were targeting people who could plausibly be absent. A master illusionist, a hard-headed reporter, a speed-junkie driver, a cop three days from retirement, a gallery owner who blew up at critics at the opening.

I don't think Red fits that profile, though. Maybe it's the start of phase 2?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The Process is Cloudbank's maintenance routines, except made real. We've seen them at work. Creeps constructing things, Snapshots being RSS feeds of Red's face, that big auditorium full of Cluckers "scouting" the place for all the people who had seats in the telepresence section.

Royce says as much, and while he's rambling a bit I tend to trust his judgement.

Another question is, what is "The Country"? "We All Become" mentions it, and people mention it like some kind of afterlife, where the dead go. Can you decide to go there, or is "decided to go to the Country" a euphemism for suicide?

Regardless, we seem to be in a grassy field with a cheery red barn right about now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Royce looks like a young man but he just sounds so... old and tired. I really like that. He almost seems inhuman.

• Locked thread