Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good Games Released in 2014 That I enjoyed:

Shadows Of Modror
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Stick of Truth

Good Games Releaed some Other Year But I Played for the First Time in 2014 that I Enjoyed:

Farcry 3
StaLKER Clear Sky
Rise of the Triad (New one)
Kingdoms of Amalur
Dragons Dogma

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

VideoGames posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur

:psyduck:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Shovel Knight

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
^^ gently caress! How did I forget ShovelKnight?

yeah I am really enjoying it :>

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i dont think the op can be trusted to compile this list

Agreedo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Alien Isolation!

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Transistor was cool because it had a button you could push that would just make the character sing.

All girls have that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VideoGames posted:

yeah I am really enjoying it :>

It's good, gently caress that guy. Perfect game to just veg out to with some music.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

All girls have that.

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:

memy posted:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Good graphics but plot was lacking

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Distance is GOTYAY

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Dark Souls II

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i liked fantasy life so much that i made a thread about it so i think that that is a good mention

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

pike & shot op

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
You forgot EDF 2025. Play EDF 2025.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The wii u

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and the vita

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Fractosc was pretty good. A psychedelic minimalist first person exploration/puzzle/music game where you fix a broken world that is a giant synthesizer groove box. Puzzles were o.k. but most it was a super fun environment to trip around in.

Year Walk was pretty o.k, but I think that's 2013. Likewise with Gone Home which was...ehnn weird sapphic lolita voyeur smut with pretty much zero gameplay. I didn't think much of it at the time, but drat, I can remember a lot more details about it than most games I really liked.

Crimson Clover World Ignition came out, but that's basically a steam version of a game that came out in 2009 or 2010. Pretty sure I still spent more time playing it than anything else this year.

Shadowrun Dragonfall came out this year, right? That was loving great.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

So which one is #1 anyway

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Brothers.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

gay skull posted:

Binding of Isaac Rebirth

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Super Time Force is a sweet game that got overshadowed by it's big "action platformer retro throwback" brother shovel knight. doesn't help that everyone keeps confusing it for broforce either.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the sims 4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

the sims 4

Epic this.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Games are getting weird because I can easily list 10 games that were worthy of GOTY and I haven't played any of the hyped games like shadow of mordor or alien or assassins creed or call of duty or Far Cry or Dragon Age or south park

Also it's all stuff on Nintendo systems anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after some careful consideration I've decided that this year goty is the FFX-2 hd remake. Congrats to Yuna and the gang

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

after some careful consideration I've decided that this year goty is the FFX-2 hd remake. Congrats to Yuna and the gang

congratulations

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Goat Simulator.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dominions 4 came out in December 2013 so it counts. It counts.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I played FFX HD on vita and realized FFX actually lives up to my nostalgia and is really good

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played FFX HD on vita and realized FFX actually lives up to my nostalgia and is really good

I have it downloaded and I've been meaning to do this but I'm not sure which Sphere Grid I should pick or if I should actually try to get 100% or not.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Silver Striker posted:

I have it downloaded and I've been meaning to do this but I'm not sure which Sphere Grid I should pick or if I should actually try to get 100% or not.

I did expert which is cool cuz you can break it in some fun ways

Do not get 100% it's bullshit

You have to fully complete every character sphere grid Including filling every single empty node

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the 100% is an insane grind, you need to fill out every space on the sphere grid or something dumb. the game is still very fun though and the hd work looks pretty

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Congrats to Killer7 on being my personal GOTY for the 9th year in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lightning returns was my fav.

• Locked thread