Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Procedurally Generated Survival Games, like Rust, The Forest, and uh... a bunch of others now exist in some state of intermediate assembly and while I like the concept that they're aiming for, are any of them yet worth playing?

I wouldn't know because I'm not one to risk biting down on a poo poo sandwich but maybe one of you risked it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Have you played them all? :colbert:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Must have bought 3 of these loving things since they never fail to hit #1 best sellers on steam, they're all exactly as terrible as you imagine

lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

having done this i can tell you its about as fun as it sounds

but really just by law of averages you'd think one of these had managed to be fun by now

lets see what a sampling of steam reviews thinks

quote:

[...] I met some other people that were enslaved then we tryed to over take them but our small militia dident stand a chance against them and they re-enslaved us and this time made us "take off your trousers" then we worked for them for the rest of eternity.

Hmm virtual slavery, seems promising! But for the sake of being both fair and balanced

quote:

You will spend 20 hours building, gathering.
In 5 mins someone will ruin all your work.
Always and with anyone.

No surprises there! Any other gems for us steam reviews?

quote:

♥♥♥♥ early access games. Early access is a scam and anyone itching to buy into early access games should not do it, even if the games cycle is at a low point, which I think is what spawned this abomination in the first place.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Coolguye posted:

that game is done + fun so it doesn't belong in this thread, which is for not-done + unfun games

excuse me but i'm am actually looking for goodly games yes/no?

if there are games, which are also good, then i'd like to know

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

just f*reaking play minecraft, op

can you point me to a server with like a handful of cool chill dudes with no crazy bullshit mods just good solid utilitarian ones no okay thought not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

tim made a whole half of a game and got hungrytired okay

• Locked thread