Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Adiabatic posted:

What in the gently caress... Signs you're getting old. Check out the bottom of this weird rear end interview, where that dude from Transformers that went crazy, and some weird reporter, stare at eachother for an hour.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/22732/1/shia-labeouf-the-interview?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

Nah bro, see, you don't get it, he's just being metamodernist.

Seriously though, LaBeouf has just gone completely batshit. I still have zero clue what "metamodernist" is and I don't think I want to know. I will say, if nothing else he did a great job in Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Speaking of Shia LeBouf

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

T1g4h posted:

I still have zero clue what "metamodernist" is and I don't think I want to know.

FYAD is leaking into reality. That's my best guess.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

T1g4h posted:

Nah bro, see, you don't get it, he's just being metamodernist.

Seriously though, LaBeouf has just gone completely batshit. I still have zero clue what "metamodernist" is and I don't think I want to know. I will say, if nothing else he did a great job in Fury.

I think it's similar to modernist, or post-modernist, in that it's something you call yourself when you don't actually do anything worthwhile and are grasping at reality against your slowly-all-encompassing insanity, hoping to find company in the similar misery of other like-minded individuals, and find purchase on the landscape of importance.

I just work on cars instead.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

I still like the tune.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is still the best thing.

Body slam superstar Shia LaBeouf makes me lose it every drat time.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Adiabatic posted:

I just work on cars instead.

Im with you. I just want to work on my poo poo, go to work and drink beer. Life would be pretty easy!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Im with you. I just want to work on my poo poo, go to work and drink beer. Life would be pretty easy!

This is my life and it owns.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Fart Pipe posted:

This is my life and it owns.

Its so balls cold right now I can't do as much in the garage. So its just work and drink beer! But every thing runs right now so I'm 3 for 3!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My life, in a nutshell.

Well, I don't drink, but I do the other things.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

Hell yeah!

and if you're really thrifty you can hose the fucker out and re-use it a time or two if its one of the HF thick gloves.

Added benefit for whomever is receiving your #2 Pencil as well!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its so balls cold right now I can't do as much in the garage. So its just work and drink beer! But every thing runs right now so I'm 3 for 3!

Im spoiled with a heated shop although Im working on that Audi today to fund my own projects.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

kastein posted:

I know he was itching to buy a Fiesta, but that was literally a $170 repair that would take the better part of a Saturday morning, including junkyarding the new axle. Hope he sold the thing instead of scrapping it so it can become someone else's wallet hemorrhaging problem... :v:

I even offered to help, but yea, he was looking for any excuse to ditch it. Plus the fiesta gets over twice the mileage he was getting!

Junkyard offered him $300, I told him craigslist it for $750 and take $500 haha

Damage to the wagon was minimal, other than the door bounces of the striker for no goddamn reason now (no visible damage), and only some of the times. I'll need a new mirror glass, the scratches add character.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

What's the story behind the garbage dick avatars I'm seeing all over the place?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MomJeans420 posted:

What's the story behind the garbage dick avatars I'm seeing all over the place?

It's the new Stupid Newbie av.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

FYAD is leaking into reality. That's my best guess.

God help us all.

I can't stop watching this and laughing, holy poo poo. Thanks for the link, this owns :v:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
The Jeep is getting way better economy than the Niva ever did or the Ford did. I think it must be broken.

All the lovely news recently is kind of getting to me. On the bright side one of my in-laws wants to marry his motorcycle.

Bring on the zombie apocalypse ffs.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

It's been sat in my parent's garage for a while. If I can find it and it's in decent nick you can have it matey... I'll try and pop over later this week.

You're ace you are. Thanks. I promise not to post hotcanadianchick-like before or after shots. :haw:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Body slam superstar Shia LaBeouf

Hello, new passphrase.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

rscott posted:

Speaking of Shia LeBouf

Whenever I think of Shia LeBouf, I think of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Speaking of money pits, just swapped out the 9 year old battery in the Cherokee. Windchill's -10, and I can't feel my drat hands. loving winter.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I noticed part of my roof looks like poo poo all of a sudden. It wasn't like that a week ago. How bad does it look from this (terrible) angle?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat, the mustang has some serious power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWtoY7hW2k

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
48 hours until the Underwriters say 'No' or 'Yes' on my house. :smithicide:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CornHolio posted:

I noticed part of my roof looks like poo poo all of a sudden. It wasn't like that a week ago. How bad does it look from this (terrible) angle?

How many years old is the roof and how many years are the shingles rated for? That looks like it probably needs repair or replacement. I can't really judge how old it is but it looks close to needing to be redone rather than repaired.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

How many years old is the roof and how many years are the shingles rated for? That looks like it probably needs repair or replacement. I can't really judge how old it is but it looks close to needing to be redone rather than repaired.

Yep, that roof is done wored out, even before the wind damage.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That roof is dickered dude, what does the rest of the roof look like?

e:fb

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVd9_g-NReY

Seems like /DRIVE is still releasing some cool free content. I'm actually looking forward to this.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This pipe-fitter apprentice chick at one of the jobs I'm at is super cute. My dumb rear end needs to say something to her other than hi and bye.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This pipe-fitter apprentice chick at one of the jobs I'm at is super cute. My dumb rear end needs to say something to her other than hi and bye.

Ask her if she likes Subarus.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It would be so much easier if I didn't have to pay for all that other stuff like food, taxes, mortgage, and all that family stuff.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ask if she really likes Subarus.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A129SM9S54A

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Most of us learn everything in this video the hard way.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

You know that was real because of the gloves.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

I love his videos.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

meatpimp posted:

You know that was real because of the gloves.

Yeah that cracked my poo poo up.

I know a lot of us in here won't get off our asses and finish our projects, but what do you do when, like me right now, you have a project waiting and can't even be arsed to start it? I have the car, I have the engine, I have the harness and computer, I even have the modified oil pan. I have a transmission but it might not be the right one. I have more than enough to get loving going, and the sooner I get going the sooner I can make a bunch of money parting out my old drivetrain, and the sooner I can pay for the details on the new one. And the sooner I can start a bitchin build thread.

Hrmf.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Most of us learn everything in this video the hard way.

Pretty much. I have the scars to prove it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
ok I have literally never done anything plumbing related in my life but my slumlord landlord won't fix my hosed up shower so I'm going to turn off the hot water in my shower unless I need to take a shower because apparently it's dripping at like 4 gallons of hot water an hour and that's almost certainly what is driving my electric bill through the roof

this is what i'm dealing with. I can't get the thing to budge with my weak girly hands, can I use a wrench on that bolt fitting near the base of the valve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 244 days!)

Welp, even though it happened on private property, my homeowners doesn't want to cover damages to things which are not the home. They covered the fence, but won't cover the loving vandalism? Better get out my agreements, because I actually had that increased specifically for vehicular coverage a couple years ago- and I'm still paying for it.

• Locked thread