Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Hey, is there a Mutants and Masterminds thread anywhere? I've got 'how do I do this' questions and I don't see a place to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Not that I'm aware of, but I can probably answer any questions you have.

A friend of mine is playing in the Heirs of the Atom living campaign in Denver in a few months, and wanted to make a dude. Neither of us have played since 1st ed, and we're not totally up on the rules. It's a PL-8 campaign with a noir feel. He wanted a guy who's kind of unconciously lucky. The Shadow meets the guy from Get Smart, who thinks he's a badass vigilante but is really just bumbling around. We came up with a bit, and then someone on Reddit suggested this, but we don't know if it's any good.

I'm not an expert either, but playing around in Hero Lab, I came up with this. I may be missing some obvious things, but maybe you'll get some ideas?
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 4, Intellect -1, Awareness -1, Presence 4

Advantages Defensive Roll, Diehard, Fearless, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck (Edit Scene) 2, Luck (Improve Roll) 2, Luck (Instant Counter) 2, Luck (Recover) 2, Prone Fighting, Second Chance 5: Choose Hazard, Second Chance 5: Choose Hazard, Second Chance 5: Choose Hazard, Second Chance 5: Choose Hazard, Second Chance 5: Choose Hazard, Uncanny Dodge

Skills Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers Blaster Pistol (Easily Removable) Damage: Damage 5(force, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged) Breakfall: Movement 1 (luck, Safe Fall; Reaction: reaction) Escape Notice: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Passive) Luck Control: Luck Control 4 (Bestow Luck, Force a Re-roll, Negate Luck, Spend on Other, DC 14; Resistible: Will, Side Effect: on failure - Bad stuff happens if roll fails) Lucky Dodge: Enhanced Trait 1 (Traits: Dodge +0 (+4), Parry +0 (+4), Advantages: Uncanny Dodge) Lucky Escape: Healing 1 (Subtle 2: undetectable; Limited: Self)

Offense Initiative +4 Damage: Damage 5, +4 (DC 20) Grab, +4 (DC Spec 14) Throw, +4 (DC 19) Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)

Complications Accident Motivation: Doing Good

Languages Native Language

Defense Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5/4, Will -1

Power Points Abilities 44 + Powers 27 + Advantages 40 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 120

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
IK's history is an incredible gently caress fest that you just sort of slog through to get to the good part, which is playing the game. Also, only play with Iosans and Rhulics, because every other nation is boring.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

Objection: everything Hordes.

Skorne, the Blindwater Congregation and the Legion of Everblight especially.

Apparently the Hordes book for IKRPG will include rules to play a Blindwater gatorman. (Has it come out yet?)

Okay, this is true. Skorne and Blindwater (not so much Everblight, which is just a boring Cthulhu-dragon wankfest) is really awesome, as is the Circle and the Trolls.

And no, Unleashed hasn't come out yet. Yes it will have gatorman rules, as well as (from what I've heard), Tharn, humans, Nyss, bog trogs, boggrin, and maybe Skorne. From what I've seen, they're saying it's incompatible with IKRPG because of power levels (warlocks are just so much stronger than warcasters to start off) but I'll have to look it over and see if that's true.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

The interesting thing to me about Everblight is their recruitment method. There's no brainwashing, there's nothing like that at all - being Tainted just feels really good. So people join up, get the taint and obey because holy poo poo this feels amazing.

This isn't even supported in a vast majority of the fluff. Being tainted feels like getting radically mutated in a painful, sickening way in a lot of stuff. I think it only feels good if Everblight personally likes you.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

We can at least agree that Skorne and Blindwater own.

I sold my Trolls. I'm still trying to sell my Skorne.

But I will never, ever sell my Blindwater. They're so awesome.

edit: Also, I think Unleashed has rules for playing as pygmy trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I agree, for the most part.

My main complaints with the game, if they could be called a complaints is that their release schedule is really slow and I want more and more careers introduced. A doctor-ish/professor-ish one, specially, would be nice. I don't like the Explorer in either of those roles. Also, some of the race write-ups just loving -suck-. Ogrun and Gobbers, I'm looking at you. And I can't believe that we still don't have a fighting korune class yet. We've got the labor korune, but if you want to play an Ogrun like Gudrun the Wanderer, there's nothing for that, but there should be since korune/bokor are such a huge part of their whole culture.

Oh, and we need more Rhul/Ios/Skorne stuff, since they're the best. Anime elves and desert elves and beards. Let's do this.

• Locked thread