Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Yawgmoth posted:

Every game should have some "roll up a secret society" charts. Someone make this, I need some more crazy poo poo for my Mage game.

Toolcards: Cults

30 double-sided cards with various cultic themes, names and aims. Shuffle, flip, cut, draw, mix and match.

I love the whole series for GMing Dungeon World. My improv needs a few seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

AlphaDog posted:

poo poo wait I'm actually going to take that back about Dungeon World. Last time I played we set it up for kinda silly (He Who Thirsts Below is going to drink the concept of booze and leave the world forever sober) and it ended up actually being pretty heroic and tense. Thinking about it, every time I play DW it ends up pretty heroic and tense, regardless of the seriousness of the actual plot.

Well, when you make a roll, it has the potential to do amazing things, and things have the potential to go horribly wrong. Even if those things are silly, in either direction, that's still pretty heroic and tense.

The * World engine lends itself to these moments.

In a similar way, Mouse Guard and Torchbearer often lend themselves to moments of fighting through seemingly impossible odds, where someone making a roll will start out wondering how they can possibly succeed but pull together help from their party members and gear and knowledge and have a good shot at it.

• Locked thread