Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah. Sorcery sucks. Swordsman schools either suck or are broken, depending heavily on the school. One of the most effective things to do is to invest solely in basic hitting people skills. Panache and Finesse, together, are better than most any other stat. Panache is the best of the lot, though, with its extra actions.

Oh, and be careful about spending Drama Dice because they are your XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like the big dumb alien stuff, but would never spring it as a surprise. You need people to be okay with that poo poo.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Actually, 7th Sea's stupid alien bullshit is almost entirely unrelated to the card games; the entire card game metaplot was released in a single book.

The rest of it was just, well, 7th Sea.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The main issue with it is that it can never be as amazing as the first season, because everyone who plays in later seasons is playing knowing what went on then. The first season's most amazing trait was that it all developed organically, without anyone having expectations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also it's hard to hate on a game that lets you play a Martial Artist who fights along side his pokemon. Like, they super hard threw out the concept that only the pokemon fight and you can just slug the other trainer or dropkick his annoying Pikachu and it rules.

Gonna be honest, if I'm gonna play a pokemon game I don't actually want the trainers to be fighting. I'd prefer a game that actually focused on the pokemon part and got that handled and done real well. Something real cool and fun there. I have a ton of other games about punching guys.

Like, I feel like when you go 'and the most awesome thing is totally throwing out the main premise of pokemon battling as the way things are done' you may be missing the point of playing a pokemon rpg.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kai Tave posted:

When the party reaches Section Q, roll d100 on table 10-3 to determine the sort of resolution that the adventure will have.

Table 10-3
01-07: Deus Ex Machina
08-13: Dramatic Irony
14-20: Comic Irony
21-30: Anticlimax
31-38: Morality Play
39-46: Musical Number
47-54: Dadist Surrealism
55-65: Pie Fight
66-72: Greek Tragedy
73-81: Sudden Plot Twist
82-90: Cliffhanger
91-00: CAUGHT IN TIME LOOP: Return to Section A and replay adventure from the beginning.

I want to say this table exists in Ars Magica as part of their random story generator for adventures in Arcadia, where everything you do is part of a story that the faeries try to mold around you.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Swags posted:

IK's history is an incredible gently caress fest that you just sort of slog through to get to the good part, which is playing the game. Also, only play with Iosans and Rhulics, because every other nation is boring.

Objection: everything Hordes.

Skorne, the Blindwater Congregation and the Legion of Everblight especially.

Apparently the Hordes book for IKRPG will include rules to play a Blindwater gatorman. (Has it come out yet?)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Swags posted:

Okay, this is true. Skorne and Blindwater (not so much Everblight, which is just a boring Cthulhu-dragon wankfest) is really awesome, as is the Circle and the Trolls.

The interesting thing to me about Everblight is their recruitment method. There's no brainwashing, there's nothing like that at all - being Tainted just feels really good. So people join up, get the taint and obey because holy poo poo this feels amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We can at least agree that Skorne and Blindwater own.

• Locked thread