Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
You should have the confederacy being utterly annihilated as it was irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Plague of Hats posted:

Yeah, at the height of the Consultantpot Dome Scandal, I recall Wick pimping some rambling Hangout on his YouTube where he and Zak bullshit about being too edgy and truth-telly for all the normies.

Yep, and omfg it's a proclick just to realize they both sound exactly like you'd imagine they do.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Fuego Fish posted:

I have been working on a tutorial for making maps based off my long years occasional bouts of work. I am hoping to make it comprehensive enough to help people out with making fancy maps.

Awesome

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kai Tave posted:

What's funny is that Halo did the same thing...there was this whole complex backstory and history that never made it into the game itself, much of which never even made it into any game, so unless you read the website and the novels and the promotional comics and whatever the hell else you'd never know, for example, the Master Chief was originally a kidnapped child turned child soldier put through unethical super-soldier experiments designed to give the oppressive Earth government a tool to use against rebellious colonists, but then suddenly aliens show up and gosh, wouldn't you know we have all these super-soldiers lying around, guess that sure was a stroke of good luck! Does any of this have any bearing on the game whatsoever? Sure doesn't!

At least when Homeworld gave you the equivalent of an RPG sourcebook for a manual it was to make losing Kharak feel like more of a punch in the gut after you'd read about this robust civilization that had now been reduced to half a million cryo-capsules aboard a ramshackle spaceship.

What's funny, is that I legit liked the Halo backstory novels more than the games themselves.

But I have a weakness for milscifi.

• Locked thread