Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

gradenko_2000 posted:

I do recall reading somewhere that armor class was descending because as it was derived from naval wargaming, it was a measure of rank. That is, an armor class of 1 meant "first-class, top-quality" armor.
I always thought it was a reference to gauge thickness where smaller numbers mean thicker plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Guilty Spork posted:

No one would've really given a poo poo (because backing a crowdfunding thing isn't that big of a deal really), but GGers were making a big deal about a journalist writing about someone while pledging to their Patreon, yet silent about this thing because I don't know shut up.
Actually the original intention was to prove the guy was lying through his teeth about letting a harasser have a platform.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

There was some muttering about it, but they got mad about someone on their side lying about their girlfriend hitting them for supporting GamerGate.

They also got pissy at Slate for not disclosing their affiliate links until the writer learned about it on twitter.

EDIT This is why talking about GamerGate in any capacity is dumb because both sides only get mad at selective times about selective things, depending on were their internet attention is that day.
Except that isn't the reason people got pissed off at the Escapist. The major problem was that they were letting people harass and attack people through the articles. As I said before that is the original intention because the ACKS guy at one point when called out on his lovely articles denied knowing Desboroughs behavior which is a really ridiculous claim when you follow him pretty closely.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread