Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Best metaplot is 40kRPG metaplot, which is really just a bunch of story hooks

"Hey there's this star that does Things, maybe you could check it out???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Here's a game where you could play yourself guiltfree: pokeymans

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Also I wish AmiYumi would put more dots in posting because he's been rolling a lot of duds lately

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Oh yeah, and the final nail in the "playing yourself is unfun" argument is the tale of Grendel, the fat and goony Dark Heresy 1e Adept who single-handedly killed a Charnel Daemon of Khorne with a knife.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Tollymain posted:

as a real sperg i find i don't have the energy or focus to do simulationistic play. i can't say i speak for an entire demographic, of course, but the word doesn't seem to really fit the usage very well at all

As a confirmed sperg i find simulationism is a sometimes paradigm

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

TehKeen posted:

I was thinking something gritty with provisions for the occasional covert operation. My rough idea for a setting would be following a group of Russian soldiers as they're pushed back during Barbarossa and through the siege of Leningrad. So, a bit like a zombie survival game but the Nazis aren't actually zombies for once. :v:

I'm not beholden to d20, but it's the only system I have experience with. The bit of mechanics that I've seen looking at this Red Tide rulebook is making my inner grognard purr, though. :kimchi:

You want GRUNT. It's a Vietnam RPG but the mechanics would work great for this sort of thing.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Got the Paranoia bundle. Confirming that I have received my Computer-allotted allowance of seasonal cheer.

• Locked thread