Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I really enjoyed reading the metaplot, but I played 7th Sea for maybe a year and ran it for two more and it remained entirely irrelevant the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Elfgames posted:

It doesn't happen because you have a trained murder beast between you and them. Also according to actual game lore pokemon respect an ancient pact to fight fairly and any dude actually fighting pokemon would be breaking that and thus bringing the whole loving wrath of all murderbeasts onto humanity a a whole.

Sounds like a plot to me. "Some asshat wrecked things for everyone. You! Ten-year-old girl! Go and fix it."

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Libertad! posted:

TL;DR what I'm saying is that more sourcebooks need to treat the planes as cool, varied places with cool, varied adventures beyond "hey, this place is full of fire and poo poo."

Man, the plane of flaming poo poo sucked. No more family holidays for me.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
That does sound pretty good. I'm a sucker for games which modify their own rules in play.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Possibly relevant to people's interests: http://www.patreon.com/different_play

"Different Play is about supporting diversity in analog games, from the people who make them to the play experiences we create. This Patreon pairs fresh, new designers with mentors, playtesters, artists, graphic designers and editors."

• Locked thread