Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies is pretty good for the sort of thing the title suggests if you like A). the PDQ system and B). airships.

Seconded. Also pretty easy to strip out the airships and run it in a more boring setting if you want it to be an actual age of sail thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

moths posted:

I'm reading through the core IK book now, and the first part reads like a textbook of the Iron Kingdoms' history from creation myths to present day. It's fantastic compared to the in-character White Wolf narratives I've been wrestling lately. (Listen Mac, you ain't the new bee stomper in the Big Flippy without Duke Suzi Knifetongue's say-so, so I'll lay it out in the vaguest terms possibly.)

I tried to read the core book's setting chapter, but it spent so many pages on "poo poo I do not need to know to play this game" that I skipped ahead to the system and still haven't bothered with the setting. I want to get into the setting, but twenty pages of ancient history is not the way to do it. Start with how things are, and make "how things were thousands of years ago" into back-matter unless you can make it directly relevant to a game.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Have a chat thread from the future! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691643

• Locked thread