Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

gnome7 posted:

"The third printi...

There was no third printing."

I was unaware people were so down on Nobilis 3E. Is it because the art is so wildly varied in quality? Because honestly that part's hilarious.

Jenna is referring to the third printing of the second edition, which as stated never happened, not the third edition, which did happen and is still available on DTRPG.

EDIT: Also, 3e has information on flower rites in the Deceivers supplement, for those who want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Having come in and suddenly seen the statting-yourself discussion, it seems like it would be easy in Chuubo or some other system where your productivity isn't necessarily in specific skills or where your abilities are freeform.

I could do myself up pretty easily Chuubo-style as:

• Kindness 3. You get a lot more done when you're doing it for somebody else.
  • Laughter 1. You're familiar with not letting things get too heavy.
  • "Go on until you're stopped." 2. This is your motto!
  • Law 1. It would not be illegal for you to practice as an attorney.
  • Figure it Out 1. If nothing else works, you can always Google it.

That could be my character sheet if you assume that I'm an extremely fit Harvard graduate or a ball of lard locked in a refrigerator!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

There is such a thing as being too gameable, though. If a world looks too constructed for player characters it's going to feel fake. (The obvious example I'd use is the character splats from those White Wolf games where the character splats were most vestigial—there for the sake of character creation and nothing else.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, that worked so well for White Wolf...

Well, it pretty much did work out fine in the nWoD.

It seems like "make X versus Y interactions take place in the same ruleset" was more important than "balance the guy who can turn into a big dog against the girl who can fling Learjets with her chanting." That was the really irritating thing in the oWoD, all the powers that would shut down other splats because they didn't have a specified method of defense even if it didn't really seem like a fun mechanic.

• Locked thread