Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

My favorite RPG podcast is the The Walking Eye. They play one game for around four sessions and then have a review. They also discuss gaming issues and some bits of game design. Unfortunately, they seem to be on a bit of a hiatus but the back catalog is worth looking into. The In A Wicked Age or the first Dungeon World stuff would be a good place to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Esser-Z posted:

You might in fact be a hideous insect.

Look, I already said I don't want to play myself.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

clockworkjoe posted:

So I've been reading Salem's Lot and playing Payday 2. Thinking of running a Night's Black Agents game where the PCs are a crew of professional thieves hired to steal a super rare antique from this dealer in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Once they steal the antique, they find out the dealer (and most of the town) are vampires. The person that hired them knew this and wanted to pit the crew vs the vampires because she thinks they'll succeed where a group of candy rear end priests, writers, and cops wouldn't stand a chance against the undead.

What's the antique?

What's special about these vampires?

Why can't the crew cut their losses and run?

There's a series of storms heading for a town in the Alaskan bush. The PCs get in, steal an old Russian Orthodox icon from the private collection/local museum/old church, and catch their employer's chartered plane out of dodge. Of course there's no plane, so there's no choice but to wait out the storms. It's probably a fishing town, but the storms are bad enough to keep the boats in or some such.

The painting could be a clue, or a very eery likeness of a popular modern celebrity, depending on what you want.

The vampires themselves are a clan of fairly traditional Russian vampires. They feed on the various sailors and temporary workers who come through town. The PCs were hired because they were all born on a Saturday or fathered by vampires or something.

• Locked thread