Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's also why the manitous stopped helping mad scientists once the bomb was developed: their work here was done, and overnight mad science just stopped working.

I will have no truck with any setting that doesn't allow for mad science :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I have been working on a tutorial for making maps based off my long years occasional bouts of work. I am hoping to make it comprehensive enough to help people out with making fancy maps.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Grey Hunter posted:

I just realised we don't have a map/map making thread!

They are dammned usefull for RPG's - especially if you play over the internet, and having a thread with tips/resources would be extreamly useful. I'm okay at making my own maps for things, but help is always useful.

What do you lot think?

I would be cool with that, gently caress the haters. I'd post in it all the time.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Bucnasti posted:

Maybe a thread on maps, handouts, character sheets and other paraphernalia. I create lots of things for So77 that aren't exactly maps but are along the same lines (like handouts) that I would love to share. I have a friend who does nutty things for his Traveler games, laminated ID cards, travel papers and even starship paychecks.

That's cool with me because I've done other stuff I could yammer on about, like flags and coats of arms and stuff like that.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Just have the players be the pokemon and EiJ the trainer situation if you don't want to go all Mystery Dungeon, sheesh.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Is the map/misc. game paraphernalia thread a thing that is happening, or does it fall to my scrub rear end to actually post it?

(I hope not, I hate making threads.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Len posted:

Is there a thread for world design? I'm working on a fantasy setting and want someone to bounce ideas off.

I started up a worldbuilding thread way back when, but despite my best efforts it died from lack of posting. I doubt a new one would fare any better, so maybe just ask around in one (or both) of the two system design threads we have.

• Locked thread