Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad not all of my facebook friends are retards. One of them posted this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I'm in the floor above that. It's kind of smokey here but I still have internet access, so no reason to worry.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton is a good sci-fi book.

Judas Unchained is pretty intense as well.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Merry Christmas, cocksuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR07r0ZMFb8

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Our first snowfall of the season. :)

Now back to browsing lovely job opportunities interspersed with fail videos on youtube.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQiDcuofG4

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My parents got my boyfriend a Kitchenaid mixer and I got socks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think they're giving you a hint to marry that boy.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZu3A7hlm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fwggJdWaLI

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

i need socks

hook a brother up

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ded posted:

i need socks

hook a brother up

No

I did too.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Did it come with a card that said "You're the son we always wish we had"?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Slim Pickens posted:

Did it come with a card that said "You're the son we always wish we had"?

:drat:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Got $50 cash and on saturday I'll get the first Iron Man on blu ray. Yay Christmas.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Must be a sock year. Me and the wife both got socks, and they're incredibly comfortable.

I also got a 2.5 pound jug of Muscle Milk Cake Batter flavor and a gift card to buffalo wild wings. Yay Christmas.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I got a Fitbit and some other cool stuff.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Get your 10,000 steps a day bruh.

Pro edit: drinking some baller rear end wine and watching home alone. Merry Christmas you fucks

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Saw Unbroken tonight, was pretty good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Seeing Hobbit 3 tonight. My brother and I got tickets at the baller theatre that has reserved seating, bar, and serves food during the movie.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
christmas update : didn't get socks or underwear, even tho i told everyone i need them

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Went to a Vietnamese party. Those little bastards loving love karaoke and liquor. I was the only white dude there and was twice the size of everyone. Goddamn white Godzilla up in.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Spending today in the ER. Wife has kidney stone.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Vriess posted:

Spending today in the ER. Wife has kidney stone.

You took her to the ER instead of doing the right thing and putting her down in the back yard?

Because trust me. She would have preferred the much quicker solution. I know from recent personal experience.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress kidney stones.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What would feel worse to a lady, kidney stones or childbirth?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Got Shadows of Mordor for Xmas, spent all night recreating the music videos from Metalocalypse . Goddam that game is loving brutal

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

According to my mother who had two kids by natural childbirth....

Kidney Stones.

But since thats one person.. I googled it for you.

CNN had a story where a few said the same thing.
Here is a bunch of women talking about the comparison

Basically YMMV.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

http://www.theonion.com/articles/family-knows-better-than-to-fall-for-moms-little-b,37673/

Every loving year.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Well, one comes out of a hole that is meant to expand, and the other doesn't, so I'd go with kidney stones.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

So, we meet again, New York State DMV...

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Office 2013 is garbage poo poo for idiots and gently caress everyone involved in the UI/UX process making it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
got the stamp of mother approval for the AT and for taking Frank. we roll in early March in an attempt to finish in early August.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pell grant and other money paid out today plus the Bears cleaned house. I have one more week before going back to school and starting a new internship. A good Monday.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Good article, more serious than the usual stuff here: http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/12/the-tragedy-of-the-american-military/383516/

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

When the civil-military relationship in this country inevitably self destructs in another decade or two (right around the same time DoD as a whole finally collapses under the weight of its ineptitude and incompetence), we can point to this article and say "well he tried to warn us."

It's a really good article.

quote:

If I were writing such a history now, I would call it Chickenhawk Nation, based on the derisive term for those eager to go to war, as long as someone else is going. It would be the story of a country willing to do anything for its military except take it seriously. As a result, what happens to all institutions that escape serious external scrutiny and engagement has happened to our military. Outsiders treat it both too reverently and too cavalierly, as if regarding its members as heroes makes up for committing them to unending, unwinnable missions and denying them anything like the political mindshare we give to other major public undertakings, from medical care to public education to environmental rules. The tone and level of public debate on those issues is hardly encouraging. But for democracies, messy debates are less damaging in the long run than letting important functions run on autopilot, as our military essentially does now. A chickenhawk nation is more likely to keep going to war, and to keep losing, than one that wrestles with long-term questions of effectiveness

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 30, 2014

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

What the gently caress, this is the second time in as many semesters that classes have been magically bumped from my course load right before the semester starts without notifying me, and once again, one of them is now full. Both times, these are classes that I can't afford to not be taking right now. Some fuckhead in the registrar's office is gonna get the rear end chewing of a lifetime tomorrow because this poo poo is loving ridiculous. Happy loving new year, assholes.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A buddy was telling me today that you can get reimbursed for the Montgomery GI bill pay-in if you used the post 9/11 GI bill, but I thought that money was long gone. Is this bullshit, a recent change, or have I just somehow missed this detail for the past 5 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

From what I understand you only get it if you exhaust the post 911 funds

• Locked thread