Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

man if youtube/twitter was a thing when i was a kid online i'd be unemployable

all we had was geocities pages, livejournals, and aim profiles. at least they're gone now

The early days of my Internet posting career was the Gran Turismo forum on the AOL games website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Conveniently I was "those people" racist when I was a kid and kind of "if you're poor it's because you suck" so really it's a boon since I'm doing STEM for a degree

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

My theory is that Fire decided he was a girl once he realized he'd never win the Oppression Olympics as a straight, white, male. Because transexuals are obviously the most oppressed minority ever. Personally I can't wait until he decides that's not enough either and starts gallivanting around in blackface. Am I suggesting that Fire might cut his dick off to win arguments on the internet? Yes, yes I am

IIRC he decided to become a girl after that tiny dicked idiot Elliot Rodger killed some people and he didn't want to be associated with men anymore.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

who the hell is fire?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

who the hell is fire?

A child to some very disappointed parents.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

tuluk posted:

who the hell is fire?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQiNYtkwuyw&t=0m29s

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

tuluk posted:

who the hell is fire?
A longtime SJW poster with 10+ years of history. He first got noticed for flipping out over a critical review from the front page about Princess Maker 2, a Japanese game seemingly aimed at pedophiles.

Follow that with 10 years of being so LF that even the vast majority of LF posters hated him. It gets interesting again a couple years ago when he absolutely lost it after we messed with him in the Bradley Manning thread. He ended up claiming that the Taliban had the moral high ground on us. Hagataka burned him really good by posting that he had a lot in common with the Taliban because they like their kids wide eyed and tied up, and he likes them slant eyed and animated; or something to that effect, it was hilarious. He got his avatar changed to Princess Maker several times and then pretended to ragequit.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's photos of him wearing a hilariously bad wig around. The most low effort trans look ever.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

There's photos of him wearing a hilariously bad wig around. The most low effort trans look ever.

He looked like a high school offensive lineman in a wig

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He changed his name to "FIRE CURES BIGOTS" in an effort to mock the cure bro names that were floating around here.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

He looked like a high school offensive lineman in a wig

What if Fire actually had the natural talent needed to be one of our generation's greatest linebackers? Wasted on Japanese pedo games.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tire irons cure trannies.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bolow posted:

IIRC he decided to become a girl after that tiny dicked idiot Elliot Rodger killed some people and he didn't want to be associated with men anymore.
My my, that sounds like CULTURAL APPROPRIATION.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=784481

Apparently this is his/her/it's latest account http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=203487

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
My dream of being a blade runner that retires spergs is coming true

http://www.psypost.org/2014/12/brain-representations-social-thoughts-accurately-predict-autism-diagnosis-29878

quote:

Machine-learning algorithms classified individuals as autistic or non-autistic with 97 percent accuracy based on the fMRI thought-markers.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

A longtime SJW poster with 10+ years of history. He first got noticed for flipping out over a critical review from the front page about Princess Maker 2, a Japanese game seemingly aimed at pedophiles.

Follow that with 10 years of being so LF that even the vast majority of LF posters hated him. It gets interesting again a couple years ago when he absolutely lost it after we messed with him in the Bradley Manning thread. He ended up claiming that the Taliban had the moral high ground on us. Hagataka burned him really good by posting that he had a lot in common with the Taliban because they like their kids wide eyed and tied up, and he likes them slant eyed and animated; or something to that effect, it was hilarious. He got his avatar changed to Princess Maker several times and then pretended to ragequit.

ok. fire=special snowflake that thrives on internet attention.

i third or fourth the idea for a revised dickbook with shimazu & 50fa content. you fucks left out the honeyboy bradley chapter, which would have me preordering blindly.
gently caress it, i want to see the true tales of IDR 2014 popping up as a ebook on amazon....for $0.69 or something.
just have it filled with IDR doxx threads from here & somethingsensitive.

anansi the spider, start posting again so everyone in gip has someone to hate again.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 4, 2014

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I know that's the rumor but it doesn't quite seem like him, just some other sadbrains loser.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Schneider's barracks story can be the foreword.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOj07ClhEi8

This was at my local mall on Black Friday

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

shyduck posted:

lmbo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

which one is you?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As hard as it is to believe, Tezzor is an entirely different sadbrain weirdo with a hateon for GIP.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsZq7_LN9I

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

shyduck posted:

Great up until the twist ending real life commentary when the guy recording starts screaming about his dead buddies and his wife tells him to shut up. And I think his kid is with him too.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

shyduck posted:

I love how these fakers go balls out and claim hella dope swag. A CIB with 3 stars means four awards so he's been out there loving poo poo up since Panama or so.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My greatest workplace fear is accidentally calling it a PowerPoint dick instead of PowerPoint deck and not realizing it because I'm literally 12.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress grenades. The only time I was legit scared during training was when we had to cook off a grenade.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

gently caress grenades. The only time I was legit scared during training was when we had to cook off a grenade.

Yet another training event that I would like to see safety plan write up for. You'd need a signature from way up the food chain if cooking off grenades was legit part of the training plan.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yet another training event that I would like to see safety plan write up for. You'd need a signature from way up the food chain if cooking off grenades was legit part of the training plan.

Yeah I highly doubt it got the okay from anyone above E-7.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

zombie303 posted:

What does this mean? Like milking time off before you throw it?

I was by no means an "individual" with "pride" or "self-respect" while I was in but I definitely wouldn't participate in that nonsense.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You guys cooked live grenades? i remember cooking those training grenades in basic, and then some training afterwards but with training grenades again.

gently caress, cooking with real grenades doesn't sound fun at all.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Victor Vermis posted:

What does this mean? Like milking time off before you throw it?

I was by no means an "individual" with "pride" or "self-respect" while I was in but I definitely wouldn't participate in that nonsense.
Yes, letting the spoon fly and holding it before tossing it. It'd be one thing if I was doing it myself, but I don't want to be around when PV2 Fucknuts is on the line. :stare:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cooking off is milking time, yes. A common timer is 4-6 seconds, cooking is holding it for 2-3 of those seconds and hoping the loving thing doesn't go early.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Now that I think about it, the only time we 'cooked' grenades in boot was with the dummies, basically just a primer but a hollow grenade body, no real risk unless you pull the pin and put the hole to your eye.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Advice given to me on the topic of cooking grenades: remember that all of your equipment was made by the lowest bidder.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

loving dumb.

Unless that's the only (non-50%-casualty) option available to you for clearing a multi-level building and you are like right now like no poo poo clearing a multi-level building maybe that's a skill best left undeveloped.

edit: I REALLY wanted to fire off a 203 HE round into a doorway so I'm proof that some ideas are best left unthunk.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
never said it was a smart thing to do, just that it was something they will mention while you're playing with the practice grenades.

I always wanted to see what a wp would do to a hemmt, if it would burn through that massive piece of poo poo 8v71 and everything beneath it, or just fizzle out halfway through a differential.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Also who uses the term "cooking off" to refer to something NOT detonating?

Every other example of "cooking off" involves something blowing up next to your face.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I've only ever heard the term "cooking" used in reference to that action, not "cooking off."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

zombie303 posted:

thats retarded as gently caress. is this another IDR gaffe or did i wake up from a nap feeling paranoid?

• Locked thread