Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, only time you're taught to cook a grenade is when you're clearing a bunker, and you're already within arms-length of an opening. Let the spoon fly, count to two, throw it in there and roll away and yell 'frag out'. Did you guys not bother with IMT in basic or what? Maybe it was just an infantry thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think you really get comfortable around explosives, you're either respectful or you're complacent. Try not to be the latter.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

50 Foot Ant posted:

So, like working at Wal-Mart?

Kinda, except she'll just get lovely healthcare instead of zero.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cinematic cut was the bad one, I think, because people hate the voice over. Even Harrison Ford hated the voice over, that's why he did such a lovely job with it.

Director's cut is the "best" one, I think. Here, if you wanna sperg over versions yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner

efb real quick

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching The holy mountain for the first time, and holy poo poo this movie :stare:

So many scenes I wish I could turn into an av

"Rub your clitoris against the mountain!"

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 13, 2014

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmWnXDfdes

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jodorowsky wanted to end the film with a live birth in a Mexican bar. Also, the thief actor would constantly get high and gently caress off during scenes. This movie owns

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never got exposed to burn pits that much, but I did get exposed to a fuckload of HME dust when we blew up a giant cache of the poo poo. Does fertilizer and diesel fuel give you super cancer if you get exposed to it?

No, not silent hill, that just what's left over when you blow up a house containing twice as much HME as the Oklahoma City bombing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Easy enough to do as long as you live in Detroit or Garry

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Continuing from the drunk thread:

Victor Vermis posted:

I can't see the full catalog right now, which would include lenses available for rental, but these are listed for cameras: XH A1, DVX100, HMC40, VX1000, TRV900

I actually bought my own camera and some lenses to start off- they'll arrive in a few days. I plan on using the department's lights and audio equipment until I figure out what I need/run into issues with availability for those things. I shot most of my 16mm stuff on a Bolex that had a zoom lens because nobody ever wanted it and so I could always renew it without issue. Being able to shoot around my actor's availability instead of equipment availability was great.

I should probably man up and post in the cinematography thread, but getting dressed down for being a cine-boot might be entertaining here, too. Or Vet thread, since that seems to be the place for vets to talk about their cars and other things that are very boring.

Getting a couple cheap redheads(open-faced 800w lights) or some other stuff wouldn't hurt to have on standby, but definitely check out the school's lights. Even if their lights are older than their cameras, they should have some decent fresnels that hopefully haven't been beat to poo poo by students. If they have HMIs, even better, those lights are awesome and can turn night into day, but they're really loving expensive.

Good luck with film school, man. :)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad not all of my facebook friends are retards. One of them posted this.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My parents got my boyfriend a Kitchenaid mixer and I got socks.

Did it come with a card that said "You're the son we always wish we had"?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A buddy was telling me today that you can get reimbursed for the Montgomery GI bill pay-in if you used the post 9/11 GI bill, but I thought that money was long gone. Is this bullshit, a recent change, or have I just somehow missed this detail for the past 5 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

justice4trayvawn posted:

It is 100% true. I exhausted my post 9/11 and they paid me the 1200 back. This is about 2-3 years ago

I exhausted mine, too. I'll have to go back and check bank statements to see if they refunded it or not.

edit: did it get direct deposited like BAH or did it get bounced through the school?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 31, 2014

• Locked thread