Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

nwin posted:

Yeah they are doing a few cities at the moment-think it started up maybe a month ago. Shits crazy.

Im in a small town of 50K in AZ and we're getting Amazon deliveries on Sundays too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Its the single most profitable and intelligent business decision the USPS has made in decades. By taking advantage of the season to work an exclusive deal with a major shipping giant like Amazon, they've honest-to-god helped themselves out of some serious financial repercussions. Because the Post-Office isn't nearly as tax-funded as it is funded by the sales of stamps.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

Amazon only uses UPS and FedEx right?

Wonder how long until they get their own courier system

Depends. They use FedEx rarely, only for overnight poo poo for things on a special rush delivery. UPS for 2nd day, and USPS if you're close enough for Priority Mail to be 2nd day

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

For me? It's not terrible but it could be better.

I mean it sucks to have to pass the man I'm marrying off as my roommate, but things are already a lot better than they were when I was in high school so :shrug:

In general you need to have thick skin and pick your battle to survive. I think that LGBT groups at universities aren't helping kids by ignoring that reality. Instead you have adults who should know better fawning over kids (and I'm using that word intentionally) exploring their identities without giving them the skills they need to survive a job interview after they graduate. It's irresponsible and I've always been vocal about that. I've had horrible things said to my face and behind my back because of this but I also get Facebook messages from folks saying I'm their gay role model.

You're my gay role model, N4I, even though I'm straight. :patriot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
At work, we won;t hire anyone as an investigator if they have tattoos that can be seen when they wear a 2 piece suit. Receptionists we don't care so much about because it's not seen as someone you need to emphatically trust or project any authority, but someone asking you questions on behalf of the insurance company or hiring authority should probably have some of that Joe Friday vibe to them when they need to.

But we don't give a poo poo about where anyone stuffs their genitals though so long as it isn't in minors or animals.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

It gets better

I mean we're all a little gay. Any man who says he wouldn't blow Freddy Mercury, pre-AIDS is probably just lying

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Got Shadows of Mordor for Xmas, spent all night recreating the music videos from Metalocalypse . Goddam that game is loving brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Spicy Guacamole posted:

What the gently caress, this is the second time in as many semesters that classes have been magically bumped from my course load right before the semester starts without notifying me, and once again, one of them is now full. Both times, these are classes that I can't afford to not be taking right now. Some fuckhead in the registrar's office is gonna get the rear end chewing of a lifetime tomorrow because this poo poo is loving ridiculous. Happy loving new year, assholes.

There's an art to this that goes greatly under-appreciated. I learned it at work from my brother and one of our other guys who used to be an interrogator. You start very nice, very calm and even a little apologetic. Give them a soft spoken opportunity to fix the issue without any hassle at all, if/when it becomes clear they cannot ask to speak to someone over their head and explain, calmly, that you are very upset and the issue isn't their fault and you appreciate their help. They will go and get their boss.

When the boss comes, once more calmly explain the issue and ask for their assistance in fixing it, if/when they make it clear they won;t assist, go 0-60 on them, ramp up the aggressive wording and cantor in your voice, do not break eye contact and make sure you're looking down on them like you would a dog that just poo poo on the rug. When they show the first sign of nervousness or fear, open all the way up and get creative with your insults, keep your voice just under a shout as you make this person 100% aware that you hold them in lower regard than the little starving kids in Africa that make me laugh whenever they come on TV with a old white dude talking about running water. Make them feel sub-human because of their incompetence and lack or nerve, without letting them open their mouth without making them feel worse, and then when you feel you have gotten your point across, downshift right back to calm and kind.

It kinda requires you to be a little sociopathic to pull off, but with practice anyone can do it, it literally breaks people who aren't used to direct confrontation without doing anything that's not legal or even ethical, while pretty much making them terrified of letting you down.

• Locked thread