Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RVT
Nov 5, 2003
The days of list making are behind us.

If you are in LLJK and would like to transfer to 2poor, post in the thread, then apply.

4 spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Thanks for the layouts, I switched to the ph7 and was able to hang onto my gold long enough to upgrade to ph8. Now the 10 day wait!

Dmaonk
Oct 15, 2007

Chinese Starcraft tomato ninja image

RVT posted:

If you are in LLJK and would like to transfer to 2poor, post in the thread, then apply.

4 spots.

Me me me, same name ingame.

elstie
Mar 6, 2014

RVT posted:

4 spots.

Count me in. Loving this poopbreak game. In-game name is Elstie.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Count me in too, in game name "Ace".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've applied for 2poor again. Should be rumbling again tomorrow, i'm out at a party tonight so I won't be playing unless I get bored.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

dogstile posted:

I've applied for 2poor again. Should be rumbling again tomorrow, i'm out at a party tonight so I won't be playing unless I get bored.

I don't see your request to join.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Apogee15 posted:

I don't see your request to join.

I've already been accepted. No worries.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

RVT posted:

When PH7 was the max, this was basically the layout that all the top 100 players used. I switched things up slightly to protect my storages (by putting them in the center), and leave my PH out in front (where the PR pushers put their storages), because I cared not for rank, and a lot about holding onto my loot.

This is my PH8 variation. It incorporates the second GP and the extra Bunker and Gun Tower and extra walls.

That PH7 base has been spectacular. Almost no one tries to attack it unless I have a ton of resources.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Missed out on the list abolition. LLJK is depressing :(

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Mecharasputin posted:

Missed out on the list abolition. LLJK is depressing :(

Sorry about that. The list method was taking forever to fill empty slots, and we were basically at the end of it anyway, so the next list would have been the entire remainder of the list.

We'll keep turning over the roster as people idle out or quit, and I'm sure everyone that wants a spot will eventually have one.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
2poor is mashing in rumbles, thanks to our resident mini and all the people coming back for the patch, as expected.

We will return to 2nd-3rd place finishes in a week once all the bad players resume not playing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I don't have time to play much, so I use the 30 gems I get from winning each day to smash out five attacks in rapid succession (in addition to my poopbreaks). Seems like the best way to play rumbles.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

RVT posted:

2poor is mashing in rumbles, thanks to our resident mini and all the people coming back for the patch, as expected.

We will return to 2nd-3rd place finishes in a week once all the bad players resume not playing.

Have they added the ability for other ranks than captain to start rumbles yet or is still just you forking out the gems for it?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Just finished exploring the map. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I read that there was a second map now. Or has that not come out yet?

If it has, how do you access it? Do you have to beat all the bases on the first map?

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Noticed a spot in 2poor so I sent a request, I don't want to be alone in LLJK anymore!

e: I'm 'of Industry'

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Aleth posted:

Have they added the ability for other ranks than captain to start rumbles yet or is still just you forking out the gems for it?

Just me. I have about 3,700 gems on my main so it's not a huge deal.

Bought 2k pack back in the day for the bp, wasn't worth it. And since there's basically nothing to gem in this game, my gem count has only gone up since then.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My tablet is having some charging issues, so Hurrhurr will be in and out (not that I haven't been already) until it's repaired.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
My phone is out of commission for a while so feel free to kick fastfarts from the guild.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Looks like we have a couple spots in 2poor.

Lblitzer posted:

My phone is out of commission for a while so feel free to kick fastfarts from the guild.

Come back soon, rumble hero.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
There is still some room in 2poor. Also, looks like we'll be getting heroes in the next couple updates.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, quite a lot of new stuff recently or coming up which is nice to see.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Looks like the update hit. You can now build a silo to store... parts? Also a legendary fort which is for legendary heroes? All my builders are busy so I haven't tried building any of it.

Also there are chests you can buy with gems.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I built them both. The legendary heros help defend and possibly attack? and a ship comes every few days with new ones to buy.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They're permanent but have to be set as active and you can only have one active at a time, although you can own more than one to keep on standby if you upgrade the fort. Every time they are used in defence or attack it drains some stamina and when that gets to zero you have to put them in regen mode for a while. At least that's what the info windows seemed to suggest.

The parts in the silo look like they're used to train up the legendary pirates, with each pirate requiring different materials. Hitting stuff like Royal Navy and whatnot on the exploration map gets you that stuff, or from the gem chests you can now buy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Good, hopefully i'll be able to play more, i've not been anywhere with decent signal for a few days

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
These legendary pirates seem to be a pretty good move by the company. A lot of people are going to give into the temptation to buy a lot of gems to buy chests and improve their little collect-a-pirate.

I'm content to just collect free chests as I get them, gives me more things to do while I poop.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Northjayhawk posted:

These legendary pirates seem to be a pretty good move by the company. A lot of people are going to give into the temptation to buy a lot of gems to buy chests and improve their little collect-a-pirate.

I'm content to just collect free chests as I get them, gives me more things to do while I poop.

I think I'm having the opposite reaction. All the slot machine f2p poo poo seems way too bolted on for me. I'm almost to PH8, and not sure if I'm going to continue.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Except there's absolutely no need to buy those chests as you can get materials from fighting stuff on the exploration map, which is what you'd be doing anyway. The legendary pirates themselves are just more gold to buy so that's not an issue, and gems are even easier to get these days with the occasional winnable rumble/exploration/optional ad videos, so all in all it's pretty good as far as F2P goes.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

A link to the actual game in the OP would be loving fantastic.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ModeSix posted:

Its not hard to find you lazy poo poo.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Aleth posted:

Except there's absolutely no need to buy those chests as you can get materials from fighting stuff on the exploration map, which is what you'd be doing anyway. The legendary pirates themselves are just more gold to buy so that's not an issue, and gems are even easier to get these days with the occasional winnable rumble/exploration/optional ad videos, so all in all it's pretty good as far as F2P goes.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that getting all the pirates and upgrading them all on a FTP account will take a very, very long time. Which is fine, gives me something to do a year from now.

If the progress on legendary pirates is as slow as it looks, then it might prod impatient people with a lot of money in their wallet to spend some of it.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

dogstile posted:

Its not hard to find you lazy poo poo.

I found it. Just saying.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

ModeSix posted:

Sorry, this was an oversight by me. I'll drop a link in there after work.

Love to hear more trip reports about legendary pirates. And if you guys want to discuss the rumble schedule, I'm all ears.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Uhg, I really regret upgrading to PH9. It's so difficult to build up resources. I can't even go an hour without my base being wiped out, and they get 500k of my ~1.8m resources. I'm just lucky I saved all my pirate bases so I can at least gather resources from them while under a shield.

On top of that, it feels like it has become a lot more difficult to find bases with ~500k of each resource, so if I get rid of my shield by attacking I lose more resources than I gain by attacking.

/whine

On another note, I've seen a lot of different base designs lately. There is that one base design where they stack 3-4 walls on only 2 sides of the base, then have the groundpounders in the back corner facing towards the open side of the base. It seems pretty effective to me, anyone know how it compares to the base designs posted earlier in the thread?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Apogee15 posted:

Uhg, I really regret upgrading to PH9. It's so difficult to build up resources. I can't even go an hour without my base being wiped out, and they get 500k of my ~1.8m resources. I'm just lucky I saved all my pirate bases so I can at least gather resources from them while under a shield.

On top of that, it feels like it has become a lot more difficult to find bases with ~500k of each resource, so if I get rid of my shield by attacking I lose more resources than I gain by attacking.

/whine

On another note, I've seen a lot of different base designs lately. There is that one base design where they stack 3-4 walls on only 2 sides of the base, then have the groundpounders in the back corner facing towards the open side of the base. It seems pretty effective to me, anyone know how it compares to the base designs posted earlier in the thread?

At PH8 I'm almost completely done with everything but my walls. I think I'm just gonna fully max out the walls and have a bunch of resources saved up before I finally go to PH9.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

At PH8 I'm almost completely done with everything but my walls. I think I'm just gonna fully max out the walls and have a bunch of resources saved up before I finally go to PH9.

Yeah, I upgrade to PH9 a bit early. Walls were at bone, and I could have upgraded my bunkers and towers once more so I didn't upgrade super early, but I definitely could have waited a little longer.

On yet another note: What type of troops have people had success sending out to explore? I was running all brutes plus 1 sky dude because they were good at killing fish back when I needed to heavily farm BP, but now that killing ships is pretty worthwhile I wonder if anyone has a better troop setup to take out as many ships as possible?

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
oldmikejones applying to LLJK, just starting

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
protip: that silly-looking pirate with the claw (Mack McKraken) is awesome. If you get a chance to get him, do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Dr Intergalactic posted:

oldmikejones applying to LLJK, just starting

Just come straight in to 2poor. I'll update the OP.

• Locked thread