Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Just applied as Weedbeard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Apogee15 posted:

Should I jump in to PvP immediately? I ask because it says something about my shield going away if I try to fight someone.

This game'll match you up against bases that are way too strong for you to take on, but that still have plenty of unguarded collectors that you can snipe. You'll make more in a couple raids than you'll ever lose without a shield so go for it!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

delfin posted:

If you don't care about your Battle Rank (and at this point I do not) filling up your Gold/Grog tanks is absurdly easy. Shop around for an opponent who's got basically unprotected storage units and lots of your currency of choice and then just unload everything on it. You may be defeated in 20 seconds but you'll steal tens of thousands of gold/grog in 10.

I don't think PR matters at all, at least not this early on. I'm all the way down to level 1 but I can still find a base with 100k+ of each resource and fill up my storages after doing 4% damage. Just a few collectors that aren't behind a wall is all I need.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

RVT posted:

We have 3 guys in 2poor with really unfortunate donated:received numbers.

I want people to feel free to request as much as possible, especially newer players. And I understand it can be hard to find open requests unless you check in often.

However, it seems like 1 or more people are taking things a bit overboard.

I really don't want to set hard limits, because I really don't want to police that, and it looks like it's only a problem with 3 guys of 50. But I don't know what to do. Options:

Kick them.
Yell at them again as I did a month ago.
Instruct the guild to only donate theives until their ratios improve.
Do nothing and comfort myself with the fact that they must need those troops more than me.

I don't think this applies to me necessarily hopefully, but I am reluctant to donate on general due to how low level my guys are compared to what others can provide. I feel like I'd just be taking up space better used for far more powerful minions.

• Locked thread