Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Where are the dudes with bigass tattoos of an expert driver's badge with "DRIVER" in a giant scroll across their shoulder blades

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Justin Tyme posted:

Where are the dudes with bigass tattoos of an expert driver's badge with "DRIVER" in a giant scroll across their shoulder blades

Kid in my unit had a big rear end crossed pistols on his shoulder blades.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

at least driving isn't an outdated and useless military tactic

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The best piece of advice a drill ever gave me: Military tattoos are for tools. And sure enough, it's gotta be at least 8/10.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I remember when we had our mandatory tattoo inspection in Afghanistan. Sooooo many juggalo tats on people I otherwise respected.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

psydude posted:

I remember when we had our mandatory tattoo inspection in Afghanistan. Sooooo many juggalo tats on people I otherwise respected.

One of the guys in my platoon got a bow tie tattooed on his dick.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Dodged that bullet. I'd say my Commander was probably more relieved than I was.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

One of the guys in my platoon got a bow tie tattooed on his dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU7aU71KWr8

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

psydude posted:

Woah really? Why did you have this? Coast guard had a policy at one point where full sleeves weren't allowed, but that was fairly easy to enforce. That's out the window now so any neck/hand tattoos would be easily recognized. Never had a mandatory inspection for it, though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

nwin posted:

Woah really? Why did you have this? Coast guard had a policy at one point where full sleeves weren't allowed, but that was fairly easy to enforce. That's out the window now so any neck/hand tattoos would be easily recognized. Never had a mandatory inspection for it, though.

It was an Army - wide requirement following the new version of AR 670-1 back in April. All tattoos visible while in the PT uniform had to be inspected and any that were noncompliant with the revised regulation had to be documented with a memorandum and photograph in order to be grandfathered in.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

psydude posted:

It was an Army - wide requirement following the new version of AR 670-1 back in April. All tattoos visible while in the PT uniform had to be inspected and any that were noncompliant with the revised regulation had to be documented with a memorandum and photograph in order to be grandfathered in.

Ah ok. We did the same thing when we banned full sleeves for a few years. I thought you meant the army had an annual tattoo inspection which made me go :psyduck:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

nwin posted:

Ah ok. We did the same thing when we banned full sleeves for a few years. I thought you meant the army had an annual tattoo inspection which made me go :psyduck:

They probably will soon enough.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
My unit hosed up when they took the photos and people took that as an opportunity to get more in before regulation photos were taken.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
I have arms that are relatively covered (and are grandfathered) but have never had photos taken of them. I'm sure this will be the basis of a separation action at some point when somebody doesn't like something I have done.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
My god drat loving unit needs to stop loving scheduling mandatory fun on loving fridays. gently caress i got a loving girlfriend i need to gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:lol: if you're still in

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ashmole posted:

My god drat loving unit needs to stop loving scheduling mandatory fun on loving fridays. gently caress i got a loving girlfriend i need to gently caress.

I'm not working. I can cover down for you.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hey, cut him some slack, he only has like 6 months left.

Would still rather spend 2 and a half years as a gay reservist than another 6 months on active duty, though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think at least 80% of the army could be reservists / nasty girls.

There's just nothing of any real importance to do.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

I think at least 80% of the army could be reservists / nasty girls.

There's just nothing of any real importance to do.

Having spent the last couple of weeks showing up for a PT formation, then the rest of the day either napping or playing video games, I can confirm that there is nothing to do.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:psyduck:

What...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that guy can eat all the dicks

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

quote:

10TH SFG (A), FORT CARSON, CO 80913

Welp, time to pack it in. This poo poo's managed to ruin what I thought might actually be inviolate.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

so they'll counsel you for having some gayass camber but not for going through four different vehicles in 3 years (including a mustang and jeep wrangler, enlisted.txt as gently caress)

priorities

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You...you've got to be loving kidding me.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I'm having a hard time processing that as a real thing. That's just one of those joke counseling things right?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Sir Lucius posted:

I'm having a hard time processing that as a real thing.

January thread title.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Peacetime ftw

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
ft carson still dumb

water wet, sky blue, every ftx involves rain and snow

brains
May 12, 2004

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Welp, time to pack it in. This poo poo's managed to ruin what I thought might actually be inviolate.

not everyone in group are sf :ssh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

brains posted:

not everyone in group are sf :ssh:

They are when they cruise for chicks in the local bar.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

True story: there was a guy in 5th group support company who had a bumper sticker with the long tab

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Equine Don posted:

True story: there was a guy in 5th group support company who had a bumper sticker with the long tab

Was he able to walk on his own two legs after they saw that poo poo?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Master Bateman posted:

Was he able to walk on his own two legs after they saw that poo poo?

he was off post, I think he had some brains at least to not drive to the compound

brains
May 12, 2004

"yeah just got back from the field, worked with some secret squirrel types, i'm basically special forces. it's cool, not something i like to advertise though, you know how it is" -every infantryman ever

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

brains posted:

"yeah just got back from the field, worked with some secret squirrel types, i'm basically special forces. it's cool, not something i like to advertise though, you know how it is" -every infantryman ever

Uh, I tried my hardest to avoid anything military related when I was off duty. Sure as poo poo didn't talk about anything army related at the bar.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The SF unit we worked with had a platoon of retards from 1-41 infantry out of Bliss assigned as their uplift. When they weren't busy shooting at US contractors on the FOB or hitting electrical lines (to the FST, of all things) with the backhoe they stole from the locals, they loved to walk around in their baseball hats with their pants unbloused talking about how they were basically SF.

psydude fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Master Bateman posted:

Uh, I tried my hardest to avoid anything military related when I was off duty. Sure as poo poo didn't talk about anything army related at the bar.

99% of the reason my hair was never in regs was because I wanted to look least Army as possible when not in uniform.

• Locked thread