Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Can any noble confirm receiving salutes feels like this?

My lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Christoff posted:

When Dusty gets out/retires he should sell his services as a consultant or something to act as a PS for Navy folk that's actually worth a drat. Help people route paperwork and chits etc.

Seriously I would have paid good money for the right answer on crap without getting dicked around by the PS's and Chiefs all speculating poo poo. And trying to navigate Google and all those NAVADMINs etc

-edit just tell me how to cheat the system and make siblings dependents to cash in on BAH like the dude I knew who had his two younger sisters as dependents because he was an e-3 and got all that BAH money and family sep pay. I've seen a lot of parents as dependents (Filipinos lol) but only saw that once

In all seriousness I've seen dudes make 20k + on PCS when Seabees would load Uhauls with pallets of concrete hidden by a mattress and some other furniture and go weigh their "ditty" move cross country. Props for cheating the system but also gently caress them. :colbert:

Edit:

justice4trayvawn: I think that was what was coming but Robot Chicken decided that was a good time to "change" channel. I've seen similar happen with "what's up dude," to a Noble and the aftermath... let's just say it isn't pretty.

germskr fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 21, 2014

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

vulturesrow posted:

On the flip side, do not become known as the guy who writes well. I had one CO who has me proofread almost every email he sent anyone above his rank (O5).

I think this is a noble problem only. I can't imagine the look on a lord's face when they realize a serf can write, let alone read good. :rolleyes:

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Speaking of warriors, how about those silly placards in the galley with the GREEN, YELLOW, and RED foods that fuel the sea warrior? The fact that we probably paid some civilian company to come up with that is sickening laughable.

Arione posted:

cant wait to call people that at work tomorrow. I've had that pin since drat near the time i reported. If i hear one more time how "every sailor needs an ESWS pin" im going to make it my life goal to do 20 years and never get that poo poo ever

Chest candy is the sign of a squared away, knowledgeable sailor. :allears:

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
My condolences that you are at a MSRON CORIVRON command. It's sad because MSRON was fine as it was and fulfilled a specific role, but ever since the merger with the Riverine units, CRGs and the RONs have convinced themselves that a 5 week basic course with a 7 or 5 week follow-on at Camp Lejeune and the Type III cammies makes them "operators" when 99% are anything but that.

They also stole the SWCC creed.

SWCC posted:

SWCC CREED

In our nation's time of need, an elite brotherhood of Sailors stands ready off distant shores and on shallow rivers. Defending freedom, they serve with honor and distinction. I am proud to be one of these Sailors.

I am a Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman: a quiet professional; tried, tested and dedicated to achieving excellence in maritime special operations. I am a disciplined, confident and highly motivated warrior.

My honor and integrity are beyond reproach, my commitment unquestioned and my word trusted. The American people depend on me to carry out my mission in a professional manner.

I maintain my craft, equipment and myself at the highest level of combat readiness. I set the standard and lead by example. I am responsible for my actions and accountable to my teammates. I challenge my brothers to perform, as I expect them to challenge me.

I am ready for war. I will close and engage the enemy with the full combat power of my craft. My actions will be decisive yet measured. I will always complete the mission. I will never quit and I will leave no one behind.

My heritage comes from the Sailors who operated the PT boats of World War II and the combatant craft of Vietnam. The legacy of these warriors guides my actions. I will always remember the courage, perseverance and sacrifices made to guarantee our nation's freedom. I uphold the honor of those who have fought before me and will do nothing to disgrace my proud heritage.

On Time, On Target, Never Quit!

RIVRON creed posted:

In our nation’s time of need, there are Sailors that stand ready… honor bound… to defend freedom. They serve on shallow waters and rivers, around the world, with honor and distinction. I am proud to be one of these Sailors… a Riverine Sailor.

I am a quiet professional; tried, tested and dedicated to achieving excellence in Riverine warfare operations. I am a disciplined, confident and highly motivated warrior.

My honor and integrity are above reproach; my commitment to duty unquestioned and my word trusted. The American people depend on me to execute my mission in a precise and professional, military manner.

I maintain my craft, equipment and myself at the highest possible levels of combat readiness. I set the standard and lead by personal example. I am responsible for my actions and accountable to my shipmates, superiors and the American people.

I am ready for war, but hope for peace. In the event of conflict, I will close and engage the enemy with the full combat power at my disposal. My actions will be decisive, yet measured. I will always complete my mission and do my duty leaving no shipmate behind, dead or alive.

My heritage was born during the revolution that made ours a free nation. The legacy and courage of those warriors who went in harms way before me guides my actions. I shall never forget the selflessness, perseverance and sacrifices made to secure our nations freedom. I will always uphold and maintain the honor of those who fought before me and staunchly protect our proud history.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Christoff posted:

I still have yet to meet a Riverine nor do I know what the gently caress they do or where they are. Virginia I guess? I just know they're always talked about like SEALs or some poo poo and some urban legend. "i knew a guy who had a brother who was a Riverine." At first I thought they were Marine boat operators or some poo poo. Is there a Riverine rate? So confused.

No Riverine rate, they pull anybody from the fleet (and I do mean anybody). It's funny to watch a bunch of BMs, ENs and QMs who go from little-to-no experience with weapons get their asses handed to them on something as simple as the weapon's condition code for the 240. But I know all of you goons here are proficient with it so not to insult the rest of you that are haze grey and underway.

ManMyth: If anything, the merger negatively impacted the MSRON side of the house having to train on even more pointless bullet points added to the ROC/POE that are either unsustainable or unrealistic (and believe me, MSRON already had a lot of that). When they dismantled RIVRON, they sent most of the senior guys away (none of those senior folks didn't even have the combat experience from Iraq anyway as those guys PCSd or got out already) and sent the greenest of the bunch to relearn how to be some kind of hybrid offensive/defensive littoral-inland-fighting warrior that is the jack of all trades, master of none since they require training on 34ft Sea Arks along with RCB, RAB, RPB, and RCC.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

vulturesrow posted:

In many respects they are two completely opposite in terms of their mission. So thinking they could be combined was pretty drat asinine.

This.

ManMythLegend posted:

My friends in the community said the opposite. According to them the merger put the RIVRONS under traditional ATFP minded people who promptly threw out all of the operational knowledge gained in Iraq, and curtailed the sort of "get it done" attitude that had been instilled there because it wasn't IAW whatever stupid FP instruction they had written. They are also much more risk averse and tended to treat the RCBs like suped up security boats rather then offensive asserts that can go outside the wire as it were.

I would ask why was it RIVRON that got absorbed by MSRON rather than the other way around? I'll agree about MSRON on the risk aversion compared to say NSW or a select few NECC commands (EOD), but a lot of the boats RIVRON brought after the merger can't even be used effectively because they can't operate in anything more than level 0-1 sea state. Since we no longer "occupy" or have major combat operations in any country, there is no need for a brown water Navy, but we sure like to patrol the hell out of coastline.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Stultus Maximus posted:

I believe the answer is that at the highest levels, NECC is a giant directionless ball of gently caress.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Hence why we still have SWCC, and even as a part of NSW they can't find work to do so now they're going from being water taxis to literal taxis that drive SEALs around on land. Yes, commodores of CRG and COs of RON all say "well you never know, we may get tapped to go to N. Korea or Southeast Asia, or maybe South America," but the reality is that whatever joint command center they have in that area would pick SWCC over the Riverines any day of the week. Which is why this coastal bullshit still does MSRON specific and NSF missions. If I had a suggestion to Dept of Navy, I'd say give the money wasted on CORIVRON to SWCC's already massive budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Commoners posted:

Good poo poo

Are you east coast or west coast? Lastly, are you a noble? Because I wish more nobles had this epiphany.

• Locked thread