Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
To be fair fast attack nuke is like the European extreme/Dark Souls setting of the nuke field, which is already hard mode, so yeah.

In all seriousness, this job sucks but I don't understand why some people say "Life sucks so much," when they don't have fun things like "4 section" (which is for the nuke people I know easy), but honestly, if dealing with angry master chiefs and piss easy tests was the hardest part of life, I would be loving super happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

Octopode posted:

Here's a (not) shocking truth: being a junior enlisted Sailor is an entry level job, and you get treated like an entry level employee, with all the bullshit that entails, until you can prove you're a competent enough individual to adapt to the culture and lifestyle to not be treated like a barely functional child. If you can't manage to make the slight adjustments to your behavior and attitude required to not make everyone you work with hate you, congratulations, your time in the Navy will be terrible. Then, you will get out, and likely end up annoying your new civilian coworkers and boss just as much, but they don't have to live with you, so they just go home and bitch to their families about you instead of trying to make you adapt and become a functional worker because it's just easier that way.

And if you meet all the above criteria and are dumb enough to also enlist as a nuke, well, you probably deserve what you get.

legit lol here, because the amount of money they throw at 'entry level jobs' and the 1.5 (well its 2 thanks to ~holds~), years of training is a garbage argument. Like, if most departments are full of fuckheads, that's an issue with US society but stop trying to get me to not carepost. The point is, the sup E3 life sucks, now what's his face is being a fuckhead for not doing the easy bullshit to get more $$$, but you ~lords and nobles~ will never understand the garbage the sub E3s have to go through. I mean, I would love to have to do the easy mode to ~take college in navy~, but as Ket showed, it will gently caress you if you want grants and ~actual real degrees~ when you get out.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

buttplug posted:

tl;dr You sound like just as much of a negative, disillusioned whiner as Panda who probably whined your whole time in, instead of taking advantage of all the opportunities the military writ large has to offer.

you think he has time, like holy loving poo poo. He's a sub guy, and I bet unlike me, who will have 0 sea time, was probably deployed constantly, and was working 120+ hours.

Also, lol @ adding more time to stay in, I mean if you want to go O side, more power to you, but nuke officer sucks even more in its own special magical way, doubly so subside. (they are throwing what, 120K at those guys and like some absurd bonus per year because they are at less than 15% staying in? When people in this lovely economy are saying 'gently caress this, this money isn't worth suffering', you might realize something.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

My god, you mean people don't get to grow beards while being in? I feel pretty good with this beard right now.. All jokes aside, why is the Army/Navy game thing starting to explode, its filling up facebook with the 'viral marketing b grade youtube videos.

• Locked thread