Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

justice4trayvawn posted:

lol they are going to crucify this dude

e: lol
One of the women filmed was nearly forced to deploy, the retired officer said, but the decision was reversed two days before the sub's Tuesday departure.

She said that there has been intense interest in female crew members from the get-go. She recalled her first day on a sub, when a young male sailor came into her stateroom and asked, "Where are the females?"

"I looked at him and said, 'All right, let's get one thing straight: They're not females, they're junior officers on this boat, they're division officers, and you will address them as Ensign So-and-So, and you can tell everybody else on the boat,' " she said.

As a supply officer and lieutenant, it was her job to serve as a mentor for the younger female submariners and to be a leader among the crew.

hahaha what a oval office

That's what I was thinking when I read that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010
Well, I just got done with my first reserve weekend. It was pretty relaxed and seemed like a decent group of people, and I got immediately (about as immediately as the Reserves works) to SURGEMAIN. All in all, it was the easiest Navy paycheck I've made.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

KetTarma posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting to gently caress the Navy back for all of those years of active duty weinerbutting.

Yeah, I need to bring a computer or book next time. My workload consisted of a GMT, CPO 365, FCPOA meeting, and making two pots of coffee for my division.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Hekk posted:

Is PO1 E-6? If so are you saying you picked up E-6 in five years?

It's not that uncommon in certain rates.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

poopkitty posted:

You've never been on a ship. I was absolutely directly leading on a ship.

I think it depends on the Chief. I had a good Chief who empowered me to lead and would point me in the right direction if I needed some help. Some Chiefs aren't as good about that and have trouble giving up some control.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Better update your Page 2, shippie :chiefsay:

I made in 7 years and got a lot of sideways glances rocking the one service stripe in my blues. Then again moving to the reserves, it seems everyone is either older and more time in or fresh from the schoolhouse.

That's one thing I noticed, I think I'm the youngest first class at my NOSC.

EDIT: Also, it's weird seeing Chiefs and above with no warfare devices.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

poopkitty posted:

Or they are photographers. Every fatty with a DSLR and photoshop is a photographer.

"Look, it's a lone chair in the dark surrounded by confetti. I'm so deep and brooding!"

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

KetTarma posted:

It's me. I'm the one that wasted TA money on an online degree.

At least I'm doing a real one now :unsmith:

You can't really waste TA. On the flip side, I got my class schedule for the Spring semester! How was the Calculus for you? I haven't done it in around seven years and am a little nervous.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Boon posted:

If you're worried about calc, go buy a pre-calc book right now and study up on your algebra. You won't grasp calc without fully grasping algebra.

Well that makes me feel a bit better. I'm really good at algebra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Hekk posted:

I too have heard all kinds of horror stories about people hiding concrete in their goods and somehow getting slammed for cheating the system. The few dollars you might earn was never worth the risk for me I guess.

The more legitimate version I've heard of is people using the opportunity to buy a weight set and have the Navy cover some of it due to the weight difference.

• Locked thread