Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

We've been over this. Bates is a conspiracy to get sailors to buy lovely boots so their boots break down and they have to buy new boots. Buy the flight deck boots they sell in the PX, when someone tries to call you out on it pull out a ruler and show them their boots are the same height as yours. Also, def don't shine your out of reg boots, it will just draw unwanted attention.

loving seconding and thirding this, buy the loving flight deck boots. There & Backs by Wellco are good wearing, and though they're standard military height (8 inches instead of the special snowflake 9 inches that the Navy picked), no-one will know/care as long as you don't go around bragging about your boots being an inch short on top. No-one is gonna break out a loving ruler to measure them, because better than half of the Chiefs on board will be wearing out of reg zip-up boots, and officers generally have better poo poo to do than stare at people's boots to see if they're 8 or 9 inches tall.

Source: I wore Wellco There & Backs for 4 years on ship, and never got approached once about my boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's Pearl Harbor day today.

Call your dad/granddad and thank him for killing all the bad people.

Also obligatory nuke picture.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hekk posted:

Don't Navy dudes get government credit cards to put poo poo on until admin guys run the paperwork to pay it? If not, why don't you just put it on your credit card until things get sorted out?

Only if the finance guys at his command don't suck a big pile of dicks. You're supposed to be issued a GOVCC for those kinds of things when you go TAD, but if his admin/finance guys are terrible, who knows what happened.

The fact that he would rather pack his poo poo into his truck and play a harmonica behind a liquor store than put poo poo on his own credit card says a lot of things about his N1 department, none of them good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's not so much that, it's more that in the last month or couple Panda has generated a lot of his own grief it seems. On one hand, especially with the christmas-treeing of the test, literally throwing away 6 months of increased pay because :downs:"hurr I'm getting out". I understand that he's getting out and it is ultimately his choice on this poo poo, as am I in a year, but at the same time I wouldn't ever pass up the chance to get extra dollars for my time. I don't get paid enough for the poo poo I deal with, and from my point of view, the next rank up is the same flavor of poo poo, with a $400 a month pay increase.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Analogical posted:

listen to this while reading all the navy thread drama for maximum PTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxbSRpVJ3s

This enhances my enjoyment of all Navy threads and threads on SA in general.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

You guys are all fags.

It's the navy :colbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

blame m0t.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

like if u cry evrytim 😿

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lou Takki posted:

Really though, the few pilots I ever interacted with while I was active duty seemed like pretty chill dudes. They were all Helo pilots though, not sure if there is a difference between them and the fixed wing types.

I'm at an aviation command, and aviators in general are extremely chill nobles. Being at an aviation command has ruined me as far as the rest of the Navy, I dunno if I can deal with surface types anymore.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

germskr posted:

Can any noble confirm receiving salutes feels like this?

My lord

My divo actively avoids people outside for specifically this reason.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Apparently they call attention on deck for ensigns.

hosed up if true.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thank god I live in Japan then. The japanese company that the navy contracts out will come out and pack all your things for you before they ship them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

On liberty from boot! Grad on the 9th! I got stuck in a coed state flags division. At 37 I'm the oldest by far (including all my RTCs) but in way better shape than the average teen boot. Been treated fairy well. Looking forward to Pensacola and going back home.

Congrats on surviving boot camp, you made it to the other side. Prepare for more boot camp stupidity until you complete A or C school and go back to normal life.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TFW you get selected for orders to CID Corry Station to be an instructor. :peanut:

I jumped up and started shouting gently caress YES when I opened the email, and everyone looked at me like I am insane.

(Pensacola is rather near my hometown, only a couple hours away, and instructor duty is cake)

So long Japan, I'm headed home :getin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arione posted:

march boots 1/2 mile, read powerpoints for 8 hours, march boots 1/2 mile" sounds hard as gently caress

Better than being in a literal 2 man N6 department supporting 100+ nobles.

E: Also, being close enough to home to be able to drive home on the weekend if I feel like it is not a bad thing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arione posted:

i'd do dirty poo poo to get CID Pensacola orders, got told I cant guard 2000 to florida at all for spouse colo's. options are slim

Fingers crossed, then. I got them most likely because I am coming back from an overseas flag duty billet in Japan. If you're an IT though you never have to go to sea duty if you don't feel like it, they're subject to the same duty rotation as LNs. (CONUS/OCONUS), just remember to get your IDW pin, or else you will get shoved into a poo poo duty that you really didn't want. lol all navy duties are poo poo duty, who am I kidding.

E: Got my welcome aboard letter, what the gently caress is an "Information Warrior"? Is that like some twist on the sarcastic Sea Warrior poo poo?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 30, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

NECC is a giant directionless ball of gently caress.

qtiyd

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Commoners posted:

His GiPnavy.txt document has over 1,000 line items, improving internet stalking efficiency by over 150%. Vulturesrow's professionalism, unrelenting perseverance, and loyal devotion to duty reflected great credit upon himself and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the united states naval service.

congratulations on a job, well, done.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arione posted:

Serious question, Is dating a coastie noble considered fraternization? I heard they weren't dod and like DoT or some poo poo so its not really

When in doubt it's probably frat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vriess posted:

Stupidest poo poo in Boot camp was that portion of the UCMJ. It's all there in the fuckin' book. I was in a Co-ed division. So the dude comes and says the schpiel. Word for word in the articles. The guys are all like, "alright. Don't gently caress anyone in the Navy." Class goes on for 45 more fuckin' minutes, question after question from the chicks in all these loving hypothetical situations.

What the gently caress. Don't gently caress anyone else in the Navy. Stop it. You're not here to get pregnant and married to other Sai---gently caress it. gently caress everything.

If it wears rank it is probably not safe to bang imo.

• Locked thread