Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

lol they are going to crucify this dude

e: lol
One of the women filmed was nearly forced to deploy, the retired officer said, but the decision was reversed two days before the sub's Tuesday departure.

She said that there has been intense interest in female crew members from the get-go. She recalled her first day on a sub, when a young male sailor came into her stateroom and asked, "Where are the females?"

"I looked at him and said, 'All right, let's get one thing straight: They're not females, they're junior officers on this boat, they're division officers, and you will address them as Ensign So-and-So, and you can tell everybody else on the boat,' " she said.

As a supply officer and lieutenant, it was her job to serve as a mentor for the younger female submariners and to be a leader among the crew.

hahaha what a oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
I can't get over the fact that they didn't make her deploy because some dudes saw her gross rear end bush

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

poopkitty posted:

You are familiar with the policy that allows someone who has been violated the ability to be transferred so as to not have to see their violator every day, yes? Or do you not listen in the quarterly SAPR GMTs?

i got out in 2009 when raping was still cleared hot

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

poopkitty posted:

Policy has been around since before that, shippie.

no. you.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

And this why we still have endless amounts of SAPR and sexual harassment training.

:D

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
lol if you ever went to a command sponsored function voluntarily

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
actually, the military is lame + stupid + petty bullshit, and if you're not a retard or stuck with a fat wife and 9 kids/scared of having a real job, you pretty much leave as soon as humanly possible because having the bottom of the barrel in charge of pretty much every facet of your life is pretty terrible unless youre basically a drooling idiot who needs that sort of structure

gently caress em, get out and use your gi bill, no one on this side will ever give a poo poo about your rank or evals

e: can't wait til someone replies....b...b..but real jobs have drama too! yeah, and i get to leave every day at 4 and not deal with it constantly. also i can quit. suck my dick i strawmanned you all

panda: just go with the bullshit flow until you can get out, took me 5 years to finally just give in to ~the man~ and it was a lot easier after that tbh

justice4trayvawn fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 10, 2014

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

The best advice I ever got as a junior sailor was to prepare as if you were doing twenty, regardless of what you're actually doing/think you're doing. That advice has never not served me well.

I don't want to dogpile the guy but yea, this 100%. His posts remind me a lot of my brother, who's an E4 (as an FC) and been in for five years and his command constantly shits on him but he's really the super star etc etc.

The military is also piss rear end easy to do well in. Like I show up with an attitude that isn't awful and I'm not a mouth breather, so I'm in charge of people and am generally left alone. I know why people stay in, it's tempting as hell to go back to a ship and make chief and be in charge of a bunch of idiots. If I didn't have kids I WOULD do that because for loving real the Navy is one of the easiest jobs (DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A NUKE THIS DOESNT APPLY TO NUKES OMG IGNORE THIS IF YOU ARE A NUKE) to excel in I've ever had. Like they hand you a nice organized checklist and say "If you do these things (ESWS/MTS/College?Volunteer/whatever) you will advance and make more money. It's also for the most part completely in your hands. If you're not advancing because you're an idiot and bad at tests (like my brother) you can fix that, unless you're a lazy piece of poo poo (like my brother)

I don't disagree that the military is full of petty bullshit and is generally terrible, but goddamn some of you guys post like the Navy literally desecrated your Dad's grave.

i was a fast attack nuke and yeah it pretty much was that bad imo

but mostly I'm just trying to ruffle some hard charger JO feathers : o

but seriously......I work half to 1/3 the hours i did in the military and make 4x as much. That alone should leave any sane person scrambling for the doors v0v

justice4trayvawn fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 10, 2014

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

Absolutely agreeing with you. A lot of people don't actually improve themselves when they're in though. Like I'm kind of assuming you got a job solely based on what you did in the Navy, and I think for a lot of rates that's pretty rare. The big secret is that the Navy will literally pay you to go to school/get certs/do apprenticeships and essentially set yourself up for civilian life, but a lot of people are incredibly lazy. Whenever I ask people I work with when they're going to start school I normally get a response like "Oh, probably next month..." for every month. As a functioning human being that poo poo absolutely boggles my mind.

I got out and immediately went to school and got an engineering degree which got me my job....it was 90% GI Bill. I did 2 years of solid training in the navy, including operating nuclear propulsion systems and welding, and didn't get a single solitary certification to do anything in the civilian world. For the most part, you're kidding yourself if you think the navy gives half a drat about setting you up to be successful outside of the navy.

I had some very poor leadership and will forever hate the navy because of it if you couldn't tell ;).....this is mostly due to just how much these people truly control your life. I dunno, not a fan of being the property of the government, especially now that I know the average military person that is in charge of others.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Octopode posted:

Here's a (not) shocking truth: being a junior enlisted Sailor is an entry level job, and you get treated like an entry level employee, with all the bullshit that entails, until you can prove you're a competent enough individual to adapt to the culture and lifestyle to not be treated like a barely functional child. If you can't manage to make the slight adjustments to your behavior and attitude required to not make everyone you work with hate you, congratulations, your time in the Navy will be terrible. Then, you will get out, and likely end up annoying your new civilian coworkers and boss just as much, but they don't have to live with you, so they just go home and bitch to their families about you instead of trying to make you adapt and become a functional worker because it's just easier that way.

And if you meet all the above criteria and are dumb enough to also enlist as a nuke, well, you probably deserve what you get.

another jo??? :allears:

I'm very happy at my job and my coworkers like me and I never complain :)

I can assure you our entry level employees aren't treated like retarded shithead children that need babysitting, but feel free to think whatever you like as you furiously masturbate to your latest NAM or w/e

justice4trayvawn fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 10, 2014

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

The myriad of programs the navy has that are setup specifically to do just that disagrees with you.

Navy COOL
Tuition Assistance
GI Bill
TAPS/GPS (to a lesser degree)
US MAPS

I mean maybe the Navy wants you to use these things to better excel in the Navy, but then why advance people that don't take advantage of these? Really, the BPME/IPME/PPME courses by the Navy War College are set up to further your actual Navy knowledge.

I'll concede that most commands won't give a poo poo if you're going to school full time while doing certs and US MAPS poo poo and won't give you extra time to get them done(some will), but the programs exist.

I mean there are a million opportunities the Navy gives you, I'd argue that if you get out of the military with just an NEC and your basic job training then you;ve done yourself a disservice.

some of the programs are there yeah, I don't disagree....time and your command giving a poo poo are a wayyyyyy other factor though heh

also, 130 credit hours on my SMART transcript

i fought for 6 of them to count towards my degree

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

lol SMART transcripts are garbage.

Every week I ask my students "Who here has been told they can basically get a degree by applying all of your ~Navy Credits~ to it?" and every week I crush a lot of dreams. Better they know out of A school than learn when they've been in for six years.

Yea like I said your command probably won't give a poo poo but it's doable. Granted you kind of have to ignore your family for a little bit...

Some of the programs are super easy too, like US MAPS is a loving joke. Granted I don't know if the pieces of paper I'm collecting are worth anything, but it's not like it takes any actual effort to get them other than filling out a form on a website every week.

Is that the apprentice one? I knew one guy that was doing it but prolly called him a homophobic slur and walked away or something

ANYWAYS WHO IS HYPED FOR THE BIG ARMY NAVY GAME THIS WEEKEND EH FELLAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7x-NIeEeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrXAaWyDWOY

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea its the apprenticeship one. You get a piece of paper from the Department of Labor that basically says 'Hey maybe this guy might no something in this field possibly'.

Please post your favorite USNA spirit spots whenst posting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9xJbIEyf0

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

buttplug posted:

I'm sorry for your experiences, but let me clue you in on a nugget of truth: the military does not exist to "set you up for success" once you get out. I don't give two shits what leadership gets up on their soapbox and spouts, it is simply not how the organization is structured. The military exists to fight wars and kill people. Plain and simple.

That being said, there are tons of opportunities within the military that you can utilize to set yourself up for success. One thing you *should* have learned in the Navy is that rarely will anybody do anything for you purely of their own volition; however, in that same sense the military won't just "take care of you" for your future, either. BUT, if you ask for help and show that you're motivated to take advantage of those opportunities (and you can get the basics right like showing up for work, doing your job, quals, etc) and would like to pursue the nebulous aforementioned "opportunities" there are a shitload of people who will bend over backwards to obtain.

I've got $30,000 worth of certs -- all on the gov't time. I'm getting a master's on the gov't dime. I know people who have gone to Yale/Stanford/MIT/Georgetown/Harvard - all while active duty (3 of whom are still attending said institutions). Look at programs like STA-21, LEP (Law Education Program - send people to get their JD), or USNA programs (E4 in my divison was just picked up to go to the Academy). There are a ton of opportunities but nobody's going to drop that poo poo into your lap, especially not when you've got a weak-rear end attitude like Panda (and yours, apparently). The military didn't bone you and isn't boning him - you both boned yourselves by being negative-nancy whiners instead of applying yourself.

saw m0t, didnt read

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Dunno what non aviation guys get out of staying in, though. gently caress that noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akt6ifvLmnc

lots of close quarters sleepovers and cum socks!!!

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

buttplug posted:

tl;dr You sound like just as much of a negative, disillusioned whiner as Panda who probably whined your whole time in, instead of taking advantage of all the opportunities the military writ large has to offer.

tldr you probably have no concept of actual long hours or hard work and are still the same self described genius rotc idiot who gives away NK secrets that you've always been lol

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Fighter Jet Pilot Man seems like a p decent gig and cool also!!!

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

buttplug posted:

Haha, you're a loving riot. First, I'm not ROTC. And second, I remember when a couple of you gently caress-knuckles 'sperged over something that I pulled of globalsecurity. Here you go, here's my "classified" source you nit-wit. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/oplan-5027.htm :rolleyes:

enjoy your naval career sir :patriot:

But yea, sperg away about a theater you've probably never spent any actual time in. :rolleyes:

haha this is the new "I reverse engineer malware for fun"

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

I don't claim to understand every detail of E3 life although I did come from a pretty blue collar family. But I can see how Pandas latest post set butttplug off. Even when I read it I was kind of like wtf dude. And yeah I honestly believe aviation is the best for everyone, from E1 on up. :dukedog:

I used to lol when I'd see those airman names on the jets.....do they ever even get a ride......

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
guys its m0t lol no need for da careposts

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
lmao fly away troll

the only success needed from the military is an honorable discharge

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

enjoy being Top Retard In Charge of ManChildren, congrats you made something of yourself lol

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Just reverse engineered some malware...heh :dealwithit:

drat son are you for real?

us navy bros slam slit all the time dude

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
i only use algebra and geometry

all other maths are for nerds/computers

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Weather algorithms, robotics, and temperature distributions in metal.

So yes. Nerd.

if a computer does it for u its ok

if youre sitting there solving FEA stuff irl manually well idk

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

vulturesrow posted:

IDC warrior trying to call someone a nerd lol. :sissies:

its on now~

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

DustyNuts posted:

Still on PCS leave report: Went to Medieval Times in Dallas. Front row seats, and our knight (yellow) fuckin owned all the other scrubs and won the scripted tournament. This must be what it feels like when your favorite WWE dude wins a match you're at. Food was OK. Sparks fly off the swords when they clash. I had 4 beers for the price of three six packs. Still worth it.

OK back to officer chat

Aren't you an officer, your grace?

One time whilst underway I thought it would be funny to act like a medieval peasant towards officers including not making eye contact and only ending replies with "m'lord" and scurrying away when given an order

The cool ones thought it was pretty funny but I was only brave enough to do it to o-3 and below :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

ManMythLegend posted:

Basically, yes.

it would've been more accurate had the dude yelled at one guy for not acknowledging His Holy Presence also

• Locked thread