Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

Anyone have any solid information on the uniform changes outside navytimes?

I was tracking new NWU material, new coveralls and new whites with blue piping. But everyone seems to have a different set of items that was changed.

Also, anyone know of any better alternative to bates for NWUs? I've been out of uniform for almost a year and remembered how bad my boots sucked recently and thought I'd see if anyone had any better recommendations that didn't involve me saying they hurt my feet and I wanted BUD/s boots.

We've been over this. Bates is a conspiracy to get sailors to buy lovely boots so their boots break down and they have to buy new boots. Buy the flight deck boots they sell in the PX, when someone tries to call you out on it pull out a ruler and show them their boots are the same height as yours. Also, def don't shine your out of reg boots, it will just draw unwanted attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Although, we will only have true equality when showers are just co-ed like starship troopers.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Been working 14 hour days this week and still have to do christmas shopping etc after work. I bought some knob creek thinking I was going to SA Secret Santa it, but it'd be too hard to mail so I thought I'd open up the bottle I and try some. Turns out 100 proof whiskey will knock you on your rear end after shift work; also when you haven't eaten anything in 24 hours. Who knew?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Holy poo poo, I just read the last two pages, what the gently caress!?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

I'm working an angle still with the help of a goon, but in general my ship has sailed. JAG reminded me they're on my command's side, not mine, and the IG reminded me they work for the hospital that screwed me, not for me. I can't even fix this for the next person thats in my shoes. I can go on for a long time about all this but it just pisses me off and makes me pace around my room. Before they shoved me in there, I was a kool-aid sailor. Not even done with C-school and I was ready to board for my warfare. A pin I don't even know where my books are for now.

Dude, your command treats you like total poo poo. Get out and go civilian or contractor, the poo poo you put up with isn't worth it.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I think I told you guys this, but we have a 6 year chief in our field. I actually I think I see more red rockers in my field than gold.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Pandasmores posted:

Both have ridiculously awesome stacks of ribbons though.

Ha! I've been in 3 and a half and just started my second row (I'll let you guess which one it is).

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Done with another A school. Commence drinking and beard growing for a few weeks!

Hey, this just loving clicked with me. Congrats man! If you end up at ft. meade let me know,

I just finished a 56 hour work week and went to an Army/Navy boxing match. It was actually a lot of fun, but god drat you'd think there'd be more Navy that close to the Academy. I seriously think the 10 people in our group were the only ones cheering for the future naval officers to beat the poo poo out of the army future officers.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
attn: all hands ft meade md crew. frisco tap house brewery has a new location in crofton . join the beer club, drink 50 different beers and get a free t shirt.. 100 beers and all pints are upgraded to 20 oz. let's get hosed up.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Come on, can we please not become the care factory in this thread again.

buttplug posted:

What's the address shippie? I only know of the one in Columbia...

It literally opened up 2 weeks ago. It's in the same shopping block as the Wegman's, Target, and Safeway on route 3. Not even on google maps yet.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's like trying to get teenagers to practice abstinence. You should teach them get prenuptial agreements instead.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Let me homestead and I might even consider re-enlisting. How am I supposed to set up my hobbyist blacksmithery if I'm going to be moving around all the time? Jeez.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Could being the operative term. I could easily stay in the area until some detailer decides I need to move to Georgia for some reason.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
My package just arrived, but I won't be there to get it until tomorrow. I hope it's not full of spiders/dicks.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I'll bet that statistically, being tall is the most helpful trait in getting a command.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

PneumonicBook posted:

Dusty's a PS1.

How dare you not have an encyclopedia like knowledge of everyone in the Navy thread.

He's also probably the most helpful person in the Navy threads, so there's no way he could be an officer :smug:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
NOICMD just does book 3. The test is on books 1 and 2, and then book 3 is memorizing a bunch of poo poo that you write down on a white board.

Also just stood my last watch ever. As of January the people in holding will be manning all quarterdeck watches :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
We call ourselves cyber warriors. Or Cyborriors for short.

• Locked thread