Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Sir Lucius posted:

We've been over this. Bates is a conspiracy to get sailors to buy lovely boots so their boots break down and they have to buy new boots. Buy the flight deck boots they sell in the PX, when someone tries to call you out on it pull out a ruler and show them their boots are the same height as yours. Also, def don't shine your out of reg boots, it will just draw unwanted attention.

Just to throw out another more expensive option, I bought a pair of Red Wing 4473 boots a few weeks ago to replace my broken down three year old Bellvilles (who knew that boots soles were supposed to keep water out?). They're still breaking in but they are more comfortable than the issue boots and seem a lot more durable.

They are 8" but otherwise pretty well visually indistinguishable from the Bates garbage. My only real complaint is that they have eyelets instead of speed hooks which makes them a bit more of a hassle to put on.

TsarAleksi fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Octopode posted:

Technically, OEF ended a couple days ago and was replaced by Operation Resolute Support. Not sure how that affects the actual award eligibility though. Everyone just gets GWOT EMs now, I guess?

We saw an article saying that ISIS related support would be covered by a GWOT-EM, but that doesn't really make sense given that the GWOT-EM was already being awarded to ships operating in C5F, which for my command at least meant that the announcement might as well have been that they're not giving out awards for ISIS CRISIS unless they authorize GWOTEM service stars. Oh well.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

KetTarma posted:

FAQ answers:

Yes. Lock your doors.

No. Don't go to any of the nearby strip clubs.

The smell comes from the shipyard.

Don't live in Portsmouth. Get one of those fast pass things, because you'll be paying for the tunnel every day. But don't live in Portsmouth.

• Locked thread