Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Analogical posted:

Because that's what's most improbable about the show

I refuse to believe that anyone would ever say "fracking" and not be talking about oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DustyNuts posted:

I didn't read any of that poo poo

I am on day 1 of leave. In a log cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains. Owns

Posting on SA while in a log cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains. Is internet addicted.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of course today is the day that everyone that knows I was in the navy messages me saying "go navy you watching the game?"

"No, I'm a fan of a real football team :smug:"

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SpaceJustice posted:

You can't really waste TA. On the flip side, I got my class schedule for the Spring semester! How was the Calculus for you? I haven't done it in around seven years and am a little nervous.

If you're worried about calc, go buy a pre-calc book right now and study up on your algebra. You won't grasp calc without fully grasping algebra.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

buttplug posted:

Will absolutely never happen. Even 3 year tours are reserved for shore duty/"cooling off" periods, with 2-year tours generally for OCONUS sea duty and 1yr (average) deployments. Scroll up to the tidbit I just wrote about diversity. The Navy wants offices with a diverse background. 4 + 4 years = 2 whole tours by the time you're coming up for O4 which is not even remotely diverse or broadening.

3-year tours do not happen anymore, at least not in the SWO community. Not signed up for department head? Then gently caress you. Ol' Captain Black, who thinks SWO DIVOs show up to their ship knowing how to lead their sailors, that ASW-LCS is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and that the new LHD is going to be loving amazing for the F-35 says gently caress you. Literally.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sir Lucius posted:

He's also probably the most helpful person in the Navy threads, so there's no way he could be an officer :smug:

:golfclap:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

germskr posted:

Can any noble confirm receiving salutes feels like this?

My lord

Walking past a line of very junior/fresh out of bootcamp enlisted is a nightmare because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
They also get paid a shitload to do it.

• Locked thread