Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Pandasmores posted:

Or pretty men :swoon:

#justnavythings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Pepsi-Tan posted:

My command said I could take the week long IDW course and get my warfare pin as an E2 :shrug:

You already have one from posting in this thread.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

What I have learned from the last few pages of care in this thread is that it is apparently impossible to be both critical of an organization and successful within it. Gotta pick one or the other apparently.

Nah, you can hate it as much as you want and move up.. Just don't project how much you hate it on everyone else, then your just a bitch.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Just got approved for PO1, can I officially stop caring for the next 15 years?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

poopkitty posted:

Are you getting paid?

Of course not! I just get all the extra work with none of the pay.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Arione posted:

Just put on E5 in 2 years. First thing LPO says to me is "you know, I've never been pissed that someone made rank before."

gently caress that guy. Honestly, putting on rank fast is always a good sign. Even with certain communites that advance fast, 100%'s, or just good on your knees, you will be making more money soon, have more responsibility which gives you more chances to excel. Let me type cast your LPO, 10+ years, recently put on first after way too many attempts, doesn't want to make chief E6 to retirement club member.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Sir Lucius posted:

He's also probably the most helpful person in the Navy threads, so there's no way he could be an officer :smug:

Is there any one here in these threads that has not gotten help from Dusty?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hang all Cav. Hang all brown shoes.

Yea, gently caress those guys. :bandwagon:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Pandasmores posted:

Cousin flunked out of EOD, he had his phone throughout boot camp and was allowed to turn it on some days to text people. I laughed hella hard and thought he just left boot camp but no.

Also USO is always funny to sit in, even as a boot waiting to get on the flight to C school. So many people that wanted to get on a plane back home or just take a taxi when i told them they cant change their job.

What do you mean I'm stuck with the choices I made and signed for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Arione posted:

subs is volo only, you can always back out, even on the boat you can tap.

Truth. You just gotta walk up to doc tell him you want out, and when he's done laughing you get back to work.

• Locked thread