Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Let's get physical.

For such a great-looking game, some of the animations are pretty stiff. David's walk-away animation in the Athlum video was awkward, for example. And Rush seems to have a perpetual overbite and/or his mouth is always hanging open, but it's kinda endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Bit of fun crossover news: some familiar hairstyles popped up in the latest patch of Final Fantasy XIV!

More pictures here.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

I enjoyed seeing some fresh faces.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Yikes I was expecting more fanfare than that. Emmy's introduction (or lack thereof??) puts a damper on what could otherwise be a great succession / rise-to-the-challenge story.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

I, too, am BFFs with Dave.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

I do appreciate them posing for a team photo upon their reveal.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Keeping in mind the title of the game, and assuming there's no wordplay tricks being done on important vs useful, the most important remnant is the one that can turn off / nullify all other remnants.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

The Japanese characters that appear during Dual Snowpetal spell out "せつげっか?" (Setsugekka) or "Snow, moon, and flowers?"
Why the question mark... I guess because it's the bootleg version of Twin Snowpetal?

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Glazius posted:

So what a free-willed Remnant wants are... the other Remnants? The liberation of Remnants? To be surrounded by madmen?
This is what I'm trying to parse. Wagram at the end there seemed to be implying that their goal is to go back to the old status of people worshipping Remnants as gods, instead of only seeing them as tools and minor protectors. So how does the Conqueror stealing Remnants fit into that? Take 'em all back, use them to remind everyone they're merely ants, and then...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

Check out the new dungeon armor from FFXIV. One of em is quite familiar.

• Locked thread