Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
You have until 3 kings day! Hop on it!

And well, nice attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
The Grinch's plan was always to steal Christmas. To ruin it.

We never knew the depths to which he would stoop. Building gadgets? You can't stop him. The odor? Whokind has never found the proper odor remover other than time. Destroying presents, putting eviction notices in the mail, even stealing presents - these too, were the known Grinchy ways.

But the Grinch's grand scheme wasn't to steal presents. He knew that Christmas brings hope to people. He originally decided to steal that hope, only to realize that wasn't possible. He went with an even more delicious plan: to trick us all into having hope.

That's right. The Grinch's plan was to start a Let's Play of his own game in time for Christmas, only to leave it unfinished at the end when the day came. He tricked us into having hope.

Crosspeice is the Grinch, and he has won.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know why I was expecting them, but I wanted more little aftermath cutscenes.

I mean, maybe because of Spyro? But we're talking different tiers here.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well if I am the Grinch, then I'm stealing your free time.

Glazius posted:

I don't know why I was expecting them, but I wanted more little aftermath cutscenes.

I mean, maybe because of Spyro? But we're talking different tiers here.

The main thing comes down to budget. As this game has none.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
HEY IDIOT
MERRY CHRISTMAS
FUCKER

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

HEY IDIOT
MERRY CHRISTMAS
FUCKER

That's a terrible haiku.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Kibayasu posted:

That's a terrible haiku.
It's freestyle.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

A Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Now go be with your families!

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if that minigame was just leftover from a scrapped level/mission, so they finished it up and stuck it there because they already did the work.

I do remember reading about the 100% prize, I just was never able to actually get it.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Oh man, I played this on the PC. I almost got 100%, but due to a bug, some of my presents didn't get counted, and I was stuck at 98%

That was a sad Christmas.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, at least the 100% prize wasn't somehow magically better than the rest of the game. I can't decide if that's just as expected or secretly super sad.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh yeah, the LP isn't done yet.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

At least the video ended with the Grinch saying "grinched".

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think it's the same for this video too.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

I think it's the same for this video too.

Not to say this is a Mario 64 or Spyro the Dragon but I didn't expect this game to have as much content as it does. It's not fantastic content in the least but given most movie tie-in games I've experienced I didn't expect The Grinch to be one of the "better" ones.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
You were talking about recovering health in that episode. You do recover health throughout the episode, you know. Single pips at a time from seemingly random sources, but...

It appears that killing enemies (sometimes?) and completing objectives restores a single pip of health.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Time to bust out my copy of the game, and quote the manual.

quote:

To prevent exhaustion, the Grinch must break things or complete a mission that makes him feel better.

And wow, looking at the next page.

quote:

Who Bris
Who Bris is the Mayor's right arm. his servile servant. He does all the dirty work the Mayor doesn't want to do. But secretly, in a deep corner of his tiny brain, he dreams of the day HE will become the mayor of the City! One day, he says, "they will call me Mayor Who Bris, you'll see!"
Is that character even in the game? Manual mentions him being at Who Lake, but I don't even remember him. I guess it's from a dropped plotline in the game. And probably like I thought earlier, where it took place over a whole year.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Xenoveritas posted:

You were talking about recovering health in that episode. You do recover health throughout the episode, you know. Single pips at a time from seemingly random sources, but...

It appears that killing enemies (sometimes?) and completing objectives restores a single pip of health.

The easiest way to restore health is breaking presents. I think each one restores one health, or maybe the big ones restore two? If they broke some, we could tell, but that ain't happening.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, those are some really involved things to do for a single YERRRR GRRRRRINCHED!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's definitely satisfying going around a single area to complete the objective, so there's the small tasks you do when you first enter a level, then the big task that requires a lot of time. Cutting the power is the biggest objective in the game. And it is a lot of fun.

Suppose I should really say that all going well, the LP will have the last two updates on Weds. We recorded the audio already, but like an idiot I lost it and we haven't had a chance to record since. I have been using this time to at least get a big head start on my next LP (which is to say recording about 75% of it), so that will at least be updated often and not be affected when either me or Deeds are hit with a big case of Life. I didn't really care that it's been a while since the last video since we are way out of schedule anyway. :v: It's also a shame, since this was originally on track to be completed fully by Christmas, but we just didn't have the chance to record the audio. I've been sitting of the edited footage for a good six weeks.

At least once it's done, I'll get both this and MotN submitted for the LP Archive, so future generations can also enjoy the wonder that is the Grinch. And I must remember to add them to the Master List and tell the request thread this game has been done. I will cross off every game in that thread if I have to.

Anyway, I'm just rambling, hope everyone's having a good first month to 2015. I'm sorry to say that I think I have LPs planned for the entire year. Maybe I'll get around to doing two of them. :suicide:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Alright, get outta here.

Happy Halloween everybody!

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah grinch (you were the problem)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
They actually put in a 3D tag game with the Grinchcopter. I was kind of wincing in sympathy as you were chasing that scout around.

• Locked thread