Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

red plastic cup posted:

HEll yes..! Love me some fallout..

also, to get it out of the wway, YES theres a SA reference or 2 in NV.. one of the designers is a goon..

It would have to be nv because 2 came out in 98

Mr Tastee posted:

The greatest loss from 2D to 3D was the ability to shoot/hit people in the crotch.

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Myrmomancer posted:

Have you played Fallout 1 or 2 since playing the newer ones?

i have yes.

both games are really something quite special and 2 does the same as new vegas by building on and improving the things its predecessor does.

the fact that i can make a guy with 1 intel and they communicate in grunts and confusion is a definite plus point

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

VideoGames posted:

the fact that i can make a guy with 1 intel and they communicate in grunts and confusion is a definite plus point

a functional retard gunslinger the best in the post apocalyptic west

"What do they call you stranger"

*drools*

"ugggg huhuh huhgggrrppmmmmmff"

Dec 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

2 does the same as new vegas by building on and improving the things its predecessor does.

mechanically yeah but i like the first better

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I wish Sawyer would post here again.

The potential for the new fallout games modding wise is wonderful because of how much better the new engine deals with things. Trying to tweak mods in oblivion engine games can be really loving silly especially when it comes to DLC stuff.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I really like Fallout NV because its one of the few games where you can actually do things as non combat characters

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

mechanically yeah but i like the first better

2 was too wacky

also lol someone changed the thread tag

Dec 26, 2012

that and the enclave are hard to give a poo poo about and really are only a thing at the very end of the game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

I wish Sawyer would post here again.

The potential for the new fallout games modding wise is wonderful because of how much better the new engine deals with things. Trying to tweak mods in oblivion engine games can be really loving silly especially when it comes to DLC stuff.

Ropekid is amazing because he was like "Yeah, I'm project director, but making it work like I want it to wouldn't be good for mainstream players. Welp, may as well make my version a plugin instead of discarding it!"

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

Ropekid is amazing because he was like "Yeah, I'm project director, but making it work like I want it to wouldn't be good for mainstream players. Welp, may as well make my version a plugin instead of discarding it!"

IF Only He Felt That Way About Everything His Studios Produced.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

VideoGames posted:

best LP ever

I loved how you could play a low int person and talk to torr like a normal person

if you're a decently attractive but dumb female and go visit myron he drugs and rapes you

stay classy, fallout

edit: also give the wright kids a pistol to play with and you can come back later and they all shot each other

or tell the kid to go show his dad the gun and he'll assassinate Wright for you

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 2, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Most RPGs from the 90s included some very classy things.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Minarchist posted:

if you're a decently attractive but dumb female and go visit myron he drugs and rapes you

Holy poo poo what does he just join your party afterwards like no big deal?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The first *fwoonk* sound out of the Miss. Launcher in FO3 had me laughing like hell.

It's also a pretty good gun, I'm sad they didn't include it in FONV.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

Holy poo poo what does he just join your party afterwards like no big deal?

Yep.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
fallout is one of my favorite game series but the fans that slob all over f1 and treat it like some superserious grimdark game suck and ruin it for everyone else

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Fallout's fun.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
there is tons of enjoyment to be had from every fallout game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I wish Fallout 3/NV had more exploitable bugs. :( I'd have loved Oblivion's dupe glitch.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

fronz posted:

I don't really use VATS and I play a lot of new vegas. It's more fun without it

how do you kill bloatflies?

also one of my mods (project Nevada I think) adds in bullet time that spends ap like vats, which is really nice as a not lovely vats replacement

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cantorsdust posted:

how do you kill bloatflies?

also one of my mods (project Nevada I think) adds in bullet time that spends ap like vats, which is really nice as a not lovely vats replacement

I shoot them. Are you thinking of cazadores? I totally use VATS for those because cazadores are pieces of poo poo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

I wish Fallout 3/NV had more exploitable bugs. :( I'd have loved Oblivion's dupe glitch.

It has a gillion bazillion exploitable things but it's mostly been patched over especially in NV. You get the vibe that with Oblivion and to a lesser extent 3 they just didn't give a poo poo. When you consider NV's dev time it's actually pretty amazing it's not even more broken.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

fronz posted:

I shoot them. Are you thinking of cazadores? I totally use VATS for those because cazadores are pieces of poo poo.

I use AOE stuff on cazadores; snakebite tourniquets also make them much much easier.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I like Freeside.

Dec 26, 2012

closeted republican posted:

fallout is one of my favorite game series but the fans that slob all over f1 and treat it like some superserious grimdark game suck and ruin it for everyone else

i like 1 better than 2 but no fallout is anything close to superserious lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Freeside would have been better if they didn't have to break it up. I know there's the Open Freeside mod that undoes some of the damage, but I still feel like it should be way more crowded and less torn up.

You can repopulate it but due to some wonkiness with the way it all works I've never gotten that to work the way I wanted to; creating a custom area and bypassing the existing one has worked but then you rely on someone else's narrative which is always a lovely proposition.

The new engine should give them a lot more to work with in the next installment; watch them squander it anyway.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i modded the big tuper song on to radio :twisted:

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Open Freeside is really good, but you need a computer that's not lovely. If I had a good enough computer I would try to mod it to look like my dream Freeside, but I think Freeside needs to be open

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Freeside & New Vegas open are essential.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

l actually forget what the open strip mod is called.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
it helps to have fnv4g along with that enb thing that manages memory better

gently caress enb in general tho

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
enboost is really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fronz posted:

I think the best music mod is the one that adds a song for every single mission name that's named after a song.

i didn't know this existed and it owns, so ty goon

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I refuse to believe the king would accept the retarded trash walls in his city.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dap this post if you can't wait for Bethesda to get back too the roots of the Fallout 3 franchise, with the upcoming Fallout 3: Part 2: Fallout 4.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dead money is the best one.

i dont really like replaying. but then i didnt really like replaying any of the dlc

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

they have a console you can open if you want to cheat

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

DICKHEAD posted:

they have a console you can open if you want to cheat

I don't think you get the point of exploitable bugs. They're fun to do things with.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

I don't think you get the point of exploitable bugs. They're fun to do things with.

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I am sorry that you do not understand the joy of messing with bugs built into a game itself, rather than outright using the console.

• Locked thread