Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

BoredDG posted:

I never found where it was

dogmeat's in the scrapyard south of the minefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I remember goons making a big deal out of the fact that you can make a pacifist character (by having your buddies do the killing for you) but how do you get through old world blues then? I don't remember any companions in that expansion.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man Whore posted:

I remember goons making a big deal out of the fact that you can make a pacifist character (by having your buddies do the killing for you) but how do you get through old world blues then? I don't remember any companions in that expansion.

Sneak?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

also, is killing robots a violation of pacifism?

Dec 26, 2012

"pacifist because you have a bunch of buddies who kill everything for you" feels like a copout tbh

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
are there any mods for stun/tranquilizer weapons? maybe use one of those (if they exist)

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I'm not interested in making a pacifist character, I just remember people saying you could pump your CHA to max and all your companions become death incarnate and with that you could run a pacifist character and I was wondering if that was true.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

01011001 posted:

"pacifist because you have a bunch of buddies who kill everything for you" feels like a copout tbh

it's the gandhi way

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
New Vegas doesn't actually let you be a pacifist, every DLC has you killing people and the closest the vanilla game gets is an NCR run where you seal House back in his coffin to slowly and painfully die from disease instead of just putting a bullet in his head as he begs you to end his life, but hey it doesn't add a tally to 'enemies killed' so it doesn't count :downs:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm gonna play this game with laser beams and handheld nuke launchers and be a pacifist.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
been playing both GOTY editions on my ps3. i wish you could add mods to them.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

VideoGames posted:

been playing both GOTY editions on my ps3. i wish you could add mods to them.

You dumb motherfucker.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
its not a joke.

i have the GOTY on my PC already, a friend dumped the PS3 versions on me and I decided to give em a whirl and see how different they play.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
new vegas is my third most played game on steam for crying out loud!!!!

E: second actually, 173 hours

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gameplay on PS3 version once you hit the dam:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eye of Widesauron posted:

i am already experiencing quite a bit of jerkyness. im having trouble getting my pc working with my tv at the moment so being able to kick bakc on the couch and play some games i like is nice. i love fallouts and this is the best i can do

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Eye of Widesauron posted:

also sometimes the lever jams.

The PS3 version of Fallout 3 is hilarious because the normal version plays completely fine but the GotY edition is some of the jankiest poo poo I played on a console.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was playing fo3 on a friend's ps3 and he told me not to shoot the nuclear cars and i'd been playing on pc and i figured he was warning me about the damage so i shot one and started to say "no they're not that dangerous"

turns out what happens when you pop a nuclear engine's seal is that all the radiation comes out and freezes time forever and you gotta restart the system

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i was playing fo3 on a friend's ps3 and he told me not to shoot the nuclear cars and i'd been playing on pc and i figured he was warning me about the damage so i shot one and started to say "no they're not that dangerous"

turns out what happens when you pop a nuclear engine's seal is that all the radiation comes out and freezes time forever and you gotta restart the system

lmao

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
i had NO idea that the fantastic guy from the HELIOS station can appear later in the Dam.

as a side note I finally got all the achievements for the different endings.

just got the hardcore achievement too. since it was bugged on my playthrough, i did that speed run i posted earlier in the thread. takes like an hour and a half from start to finish.

resting bort face fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 19, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

mr sad posted:

i had NO idea that the fantastic guy from the HELIOS station can appear later in the Dam.

as a side note I finally got all the achievements for the different endings.

just got the hardcore achievement too. since it was bugged on my playthrough, i did that speed run i posted earlier in the thread. takes like an hour and a half from start to finish.

Are you telling me Fantastic can appear more than once?

Please tell me how.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Mr Tastee posted:

Are you telling me Fantastic can appear more than once?

Please tell me how.

edit: if you join the NCR he shows up at the dam

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 19, 2014

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Minarchist posted:

edit: if you join the NCR he shows up at the dam

I align with the NCR every time and I've never seen this happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

StandardVC10 posted:

I align with the NCR every time and I've never seen this happen

He got lost in the dam like we all do

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yes Man: yea/nay?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Yes Man: yea/nay?

Always do at least one yes man run.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

yes man is for wimps that can't make hard decisions.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

"Oh man I have 3 choices but none of them are perfect and exactly what I want!"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I believe in an independent New Vegas, untethered by the failed ideologies of the old world. If aligning it the Securitrons is necessary to prevent future NCR aggression, so be it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'Okay, we could have genocide and slavery, robot dictatorship by two hundred year old robber baron or a rerun of the exact same system which blew up the entire world, drat they all sound so good it's hard to choose ...'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
so what's the deal with unarmed

i made a unarmed character in jsawyer and ran up to a gecko and it muhammed ali'd my rear end so hard they heard it in primm

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

so what's the deal with unarmed

i made a unarmed character in jsawyer and ran up to a gecko and it muhammed ali'd my rear end so hard they heard it in primm

Maybe use guns until you get some perks / good drugs.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
that is a good idea that for some reason I didn't think of!

I usually don't bother with much in the guns stat either which should have made it more obvious :(

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

it seems like running a melee character might suck a ton of rear end if you are running Project Nevada/J.Sawyer and Increased wasteland spawns. Enjoy running into a gunline of legion/NCR and dying like a loser cuz you wanted to hit poo poo.

Am I wrong in assuming this?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man Whore posted:

it seems like running a melee character might suck a ton of rear end if you are running Project Nevada/J.Sawyer and Increased wasteland spawns. Enjoy running into a gunline of legion/NCR and dying like a loser cuz you wanted to hit poo poo.

Am I wrong in assuming this?

Drugs.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Caesar does not approve of drugs, profligate.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
there's nothing that can't be fixed by shooting up with slasher, med-x and turbo. also don't forget about traps

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Wouldn't JSawyer alone make it easier to roll melee? DT being increased as much as it has seems like it'd make it easier to take shots at high endurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man Whore posted:

Caesar does not approve of drugs, profligate.

In my unarmed run I used explosives as my backup.

• Locked thread