Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I like the idea of God existing, so I believe. I haven't decided if God is the single all-powerful creator of the universe, or just a bad rear end group of aliens who surf around the universe not giving a gently caress.

The way I see it, and please tell me of this sounds dumb...

It's super rare to be the first of anything. Us being the first humans seems unlikely. There's only one first. Isn't it more probable that we're the 10th or 20th or 573853th? Things in nature tend to reproduce and create more of themselves. Humans making more humans to study or whatever makes sense from a curiosity/science prospective.

I try to put myself In God's shoes. I imagine living forever gets boring after awhile. I'd be making/planting life loving everywhere, if only for that little flicker of amusement it provided. Because why the gently caress not. As God, me and my space possie of homies could do cool poo poo like evaluate all of earth's life over time and preserve or "save" the coolest peeps to join us in our adventures in God-dom. Make heaven and hell real for some. poo poo maybe even make it so civilizations beliefs about the afterlife and death became reality.

Depending on just how powerful we were, making unique/strange laws and phenomenon on planets would be fun. kinda like giving certain people "stats" or blessings/destinies like in video games. I dunno. Being Godlike would be pretty tight.

Likely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread