Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Wait I've listened to almost every episode of their show and am a huge fan, but I just found out something to be pedantic and annoyed at. In the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer episode, they acted like they barely knew who John Hawkes was and made fun of him, but in the most recent episode they referenced him like he was someone they knew about and respected. So which is it?? Personally, I think John Hawkes is great. I'm also glad I found something to complain about with WHM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

cheerfullydrab posted:

Wait I've listened to almost every episode of their show and am a huge fan, but I just found out something to be pedantic and annoyed at. In the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer episode, they acted like they barely knew who John Hawkes was and made fun of him, but in the most recent episode they referenced him like he was someone they knew about and respected. So which is it?? Personally, I think John Hawkes is great. I'm also glad I found something to complain about with WHM.

That's not how I remember hearing it. Hawkes is just in the movie for like 10 seconds before he was anybody and I think that's what they're referring to.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

weekly font posted:

That's not how I remember hearing it. Hawkes is just in the movie for like 10 seconds before he was anybody and I think that's what they're referring to.

Yeah that's what happens. It's more that oh John Hawkes is here as his fishing buddy, that's weird.

Also, there's been a fair few movies I've not seen that they've covered and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Also, there's been a fair few movies I've not seen that they've covered and I don't feel like I've missed anything.

I've even went out of my way to track down some of the obscure movies since they've made them sound great.

The most notable one being Pray for Death.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

For a different take on the lovely movie podcast, check out " Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast" run by a couple of New Zealanders who decide to watch Grown Ups 2 every week for a year which is my idea of hell. I'm only a few episodes in but it doesn't take them long to start to lose it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cacator posted:

For a different take on the lovely movie podcast, check out " Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast" run by a couple of New Zealanders who decide to watch Grown Ups 2 every week for a year which is my idea of hell. I'm only a few episodes in but it doesn't take them long to start to lose it.

Oh my god that's incredible.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

Cacator posted:

I need to listen to this

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Cacator posted:

It's the biggest "descent into madness" podcast ever recorded.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
They're 40 episodes in? I refuse to believe that whoever thought of this hasn't been murdered yet.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I like WHM and I tend to put it and another show called "Bad Movie Fiends" into my MP3 rotation. They're both I think fairly similar, but I think I get the difference between the two is:

WHM: It's a near-professional comedy podcast that happens to also review a (mostly) commercial movie.
BMFCast: It's a relaxed movie review/commentary show for B-grade/DTV movies that also happens to do a lot of comedy.

Also, BMFCast spends the second half of an episode talking about random movies they've seen and I think they did a run of watching all the 007 films, a movie a week, leading up to the release of Skyfall.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

I like WHM and I tend to put it and another show called "Bad Movie Fiends" into my MP3 rotation. They're both I think fairly similar, but I think I get the difference between the two is:

WHM: It's a near-professional comedy podcast that happens to also review a (mostly) commercial movie.
BMFCast: It's a relaxed movie review/commentary show for B-grade/DTV movies that also happens to do a lot of comedy.

Also, BMFCast spends the second half of an episode talking about random movies they've seen and I think they did a run of watching all the 007 films, a movie a week, leading up to the release of Skyfall.

On that note, there's a podcast called James Bonding which is pretty good. Their Live and Let Die episode with Paul F Tompkins is great.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Just a quick thanks for the recommendation: I started with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 podcast and it has me spluttering and grinning like a complete lunatic at my desk :)

BABIES

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

SilentChaz posted:

Both WHM and HDTGM did episodes on Easy Rider 2. The WHM episode was hilarious and I could follow the plot of the movie without having to see it myself. The HDTGM episode was an incoherent mess.

The Flop House wins Best Easy Rider 2 Episode award, easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O7Pjcl6c0c

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

My god the Twister episode is great and sums up everything I hated about that lovely film.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of a working mirror for the show's Jack Frost episode?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I mainly listen to WHM over other bad movie podcasts because of the impressions that can quickly slide into improv comedy madness. Like Tom Berenger's character in The Substitute participating in Mortal Kombat.

Cacator posted:

Someone should do this in a Star Wars Minute fashion.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 13, 2014

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Does anyone know of a working mirror for the show's Jack Frost episode?

https://ia600800.us.archive.org/33/items/ASideOrderOfSleaze-JackFrost/JackFrostSleaze.mp3

Save the file locally instead of streaming and it should work.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I was actually referring to Episode 37 of the main series. It's 404ing on their page and every google search seems to just spit out a 'mirror' that links back to the original.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Their Ghostbusters 2 episode is phenomenal.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MisterBibs posted:

I was actually referring to Episode 37 of the main series. It's 404ing on their page and every google search seems to just spit out a 'mirror' that links back to the original.

Here's a quick mirror: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvjuz0

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

I mainly listen to WHM over other bad movie podcasts because of the impressions that can quickly slide into improv comedy madness. Like Tom Berenger's character in The Substitute participating in Mortal Kombat.

Someone should do this in a Star Wars Minute fashion.

"We know we're doing a Ted Levine impression. Yeah, but its like if you left him out in the sun for too long." Ohmygod I'm gonna kill em, ohmygod I'm gonna kill em, ohmygod I'm gonna kill em.

Highly recommend Canvas, Mrs. Doubtfire, Volcano, The Good Son, Abraxas, The Running Man, and Hard Target, Rocky IV, Boondock Saints II , I think they did a double shot of Superman III and IV. Those guys have mentioned they have a subredit as well.

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard
Babycakes is good for creepy time, it's always a treat when they review misguided dramas. But my favourite episode's gotta be Step Up Revolution. Their complete contempt for shitbag protagonists is awesome.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thanks! I was running out of entries that I was really interested in.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fatherboxx posted:

Definitely. Even when it's a movie I've never seen and don't really care about it's fun just because of how off-the-wall the improv can get, like in the Pallbearer episode where they invent a narrative of David Schwimmer having a talking anthropomorphic raincloud as a best friend. Or the Addicted to Love episode where they do an extended imitation of Matthew Broderick describing his ideal sexual encounter that culminates in the phrase "sex so gentle and quiet that if you had it on a boat in the middle of a lake it wouldn't make a single ripple".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, my god that was a good episode. The impersonations, my word.

JONESY!

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Definitely. Even when it's a movie I've never seen and don't really care about it's fun just because of how off-the-wall the improv can get, like in the Pallbearer episode where they invent a narrative of David Schwimmer having a talking anthropomorphic raincloud as a best friend. Or the Addicted to Love episode where they do an extended imitation of Matthew Broderick describing his ideal sexual encounter that culminates in the phrase "sex so gentle and quiet that if you had it on a boat in the middle of a lake it wouldn't make a single ripple".

The invented characters are great. In the recent podcast for three men and a baby they have an invented doorman who turns a blind eye to their various drugs / horses / women / babies escapades in exchange for cash under the table, shaking his head in shame all the while and muttering to himself about the mortgage. It's so great that they can just pull this stuff out of nowhere.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Croisquessein posted:

The invented characters are great. In the recent podcast for three men and a baby they have an invented doorman who turns a blind eye to their various drugs / horses / women / babies escapades in exchange for cash under the table, shaking his head in shame all the while and muttering to himself about the mortgage. It's so great that they can just pull this stuff out of nowhere.

I had to pause this episode for a while because I was laughing so hard at work. The doorman was killing me. "Oh lord, a baby?! What are they...I don't want to know."

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

precision posted:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, my god that was a good episode. The impersonations, my word.

JONESY!

That episode has a couple highlights for me: Kate Capshaw ("Ewwww, Steven, there's a spider in here!") and John Rhys-Davies ("Aliens? That sounds like bullshit, Indy! Goodbye!")

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The entire segment on John Hurt's character was also inspired. "He was like, Mutt's cool gay uncle, you know, he'd come around and have tea".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CoolZidane posted:

That episode has a couple highlights for me: Kate Capshaw ("Ewwww, Steven, there's a spider in here!") and John Rhys-Davies ("Aliens? That sounds like bullshit, Indy! Goodbye!")

Or their conversation about Capshaw getting mad at Spielberg for not allowing her to be in the movie.

GOLD!!!!

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?
The funniest impersonation of a "celebrity" is the one with Louie Anderson in The Day After Tomorrow episode. It had me in tears.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

xzoto1 posted:

The funniest impersonation of a "celebrity" is the one with Louie Anderson in The Day After Tomorrow episode. It had me in tears.

Was that the one in which he remade classic tv starring himself?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

Day After Tomorrow, yeah but I think Cat's Eye is the best Louie Anderson stuff.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

weekly font posted:

Day After Tomorrow, yeah but I think Cat's Eye is the best Louie Anderson stuff.

It's a cat food hot dog!

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?

bobkatt013 posted:

"My favorite movie I've done so far is Blue is the Warmest Colour. It's me playing two lesbian teenagers."

"Welcome to Late Night with Louie Anderson. And now... Last Call with Louie Anderson!"

xzoto1 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 15, 2014

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
So glad someone made a thread for these guys. Their improv and film backgrounds make them the perfect balence of informed and funny.

I also dig how progressive they are and have no problem calling out a film if it's sexist/racist/homophobic.

I'd actually tracked them down after How Did This Get Made had the producer of Skyline come on their podcast and they spent the entire episode back-peddling. WHM being in New York with no connections to "the industry" prevents all that nonsense.

I love their various impressions and running jokes (GODDAHMUT), but usually what kills me is just their throw away lines, "I've SEEN people who run afoul an ape, they look like Gary Oldman in HANNIBAL!"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The segment of their Jingle All The Way 2 episode where they riff on the fact that Larry the Cable Guy's character doesn't drink and it turns into A Clockwork Orange: Starring Larry the Cable Guy with him being forced to watch Ken Burns documentaries as part of the Ludovico treatment was amazing.

"Hooray, 12 hours of baseball! Oh no, 12 hours of jazz!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I only just caught the Three Men and a Baby episode. The continuing tale of the doorman was great, though it doesn't make enough of the fact that basically Nancy Travis is just a horrible person.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
I love We Hate Movies. I finally became more of a WHM than a Flop House person in the past year due to The Flop House just feeling so short on the movie end of things, and being the Elliott-Kalan-talks-over-everyone-with-a-lower-and-lower-hit-to-miss-ratio hour. Still love both shows.

My girlfriend, who is also a big fan of both shows, somehow got in touch with Steve Sadjak and had him and the crew sign a DVD copy of Blame it on Rio for me for Christmas. Ewwwwwwwwwww.

(sorry for the illegibility, hard to get a picture of silver pen on this skin-crawling trash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I think your girlfriend might be on a watchlist after buying that DVD.