Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

worse, by a lot imo. new death race aint good but my god, the night vision scene in roller ball. my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I've tried warning people. Milla Jovovich is a sometimes actress. You can't have her for every movie. It won't work.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Remember, it was during the production of the Rollerball remake that John McTiernan got infamous Hollywood PI/fixer Anthony Pellicano to wiretap the producer's phone, which got McTiernan thrown in prison and ruined his career.

I'm not sure what that means in regards to the movie's quality but I felt the need to mention that.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I asked in the Stupid Questions thread as well, but you know the Dan Akroyd impression they do, with that nasal "nyah nyah nyah" sound? What is the origin of that sound, why is that associated with Dan Akroyd?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Coneheads?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

regulargonzalez posted:

I asked in the Stupid Questions thread as well, but you know the Dan Akroyd impression they do, with that nasal "nyah nyah nyah" sound? What is the origin of that sound, why is that associated with Dan Akroyd?

Yeah you're asking about what I think you are, it's Coneheads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RD49DYTlrk

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Arson Daily posted:

worse, by a lot imo. new death race aint good but my god, the night vision scene in roller ball. my god

I pray they notice the sound effect.

If you've seen the movie you know the one.

It's in the night vision scene.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

As an Australian I am hype for them to cover Young Einstein, it was on the TV very very often in the late 90's, I've probably seen it 10 times.
If you have a hankerin for more Yahoo Serious he has another movie that is a bit poo poo called Reckless Kelly. In which Yahoo plays Australian folk "hero" Ned Kelly and runs afoul of a corporation who wants to buy his farm.
Starring Jan from The Office!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Drint Blasters posted:

As an Australian I am hype for them to cover Young Einstein, it was on the TV very very often in the late 90's, I've probably seen it 10 times.
If you have a hankerin for more Yahoo Serious he has another movie that is a bit poo poo called Reckless Kelly. In which Yahoo plays Australian folk "hero" Ned Kelly and runs afoul of a corporation who wants to buy his farm.

Watching young Einstein never gave me a hankering for more yahoo serious

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Safe House episode might be an all-timer, god drat. Too many hilarious bits to remember all of them but the one about the impressionist guy (and then Frank Caliendo) dying in a pool and cycling through all of his impressions as he dies ala T2 was just too good.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Drint Blasters posted:

Me too. Saw this at the cinema with my brothers as a kid, haven't seen it since and am almost certain it belongs in the "aged poorly, don't revisit just remember" category. Great IceHouse track from it though!

They need to do Flash Gordon in WLM.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

SecretOfSteel posted:

Me too. Saw this at the cinema with my brothers as a kid, haven't seen it since and am almost certain it belongs in the "aged poorly, don't revisit just remember" category. Great IceHouse track from it though!

They need to do Flash Gordon in WLM.

You know what, take your pick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mkidP2OUCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Have they talked about the most recent Aquaman anywhere yet? Watching it now on HBO, and it is a doozy. There’s a lot here to riff on, but my favorite is AI Amber Heard shrieking, “Junior! JUNIOR!”

Dolph Lundgren needs to sue everyone involved in making this movie.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I thought I remember enough from " the fugitive " to not need a refresher watch before the WLM episode , but turns out most of what I remember is from the Leslie Nielsen parody movie " Wrongfully Accused " , not from the actual fugitive so im gonna see if its streaming anywhere and catch up .

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

admataY posted:

I thought I remember enough from " the fugitive " to not need a refresher watch before the WLM episode , but turns out most of what I remember is from the Leslie Nielsen parody movie " Wrongfully Accused " , not from the actual fugitive so im gonna see if its streaming anywhere and catch up .

I watched it about a month ago for the first time in years, and I had forgotten a lot. It's worth a rewatch. It's a great movie.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

admataY posted:

Sadly The Fugitive does not have Buzz-em Frog in it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

Sadly The Fugitive does not have Buzz-em Frog in it

Well yeah, he's got a big meeting in Menzrum.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Is the Dusk TIl Dawn episode going to be uploaded at some point or is it strictly livestream?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
They haven't done From Dusk Till Dawn, yet.

Their live shows almost always get released eventually. The only ones that don't are the Livestreams.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

They haven't done From Dusk Till Dawn, yet.

Their live shows almost always get released eventually. The only ones that don't are the Livestreams.

Except for Mortal Kombat that one time

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Livestreams are gone forever or until the contract runs out.

I know they lost the audio for the live Star Trek IV episode. A lovely audio person at the venue lost it or didn't record.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I can now confirm that" The Fugitive " does indeed kick rear end . Too bad they no longer make these big budget no nonsense action thrillers anymore .

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Chris’s On-Screen Live book joke should be retired.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

nah he learned from the master and is keeping it going so it wraps around to being hilarious again.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

mweber posted:

Chris should be retired.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Arson Daily posted:

Chris should be rehired

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mweber posted:

Chris’s On-Screen Live book joke should be retired.

sounds like someone is trying to be a professional contrarian

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mweber posted:

Chris should be Quagmire. :quagmire:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Night Game sounds exactly like a rejected TJ Hooker script or something, can totally see this have started life as a show concept that eventually wound up as a movie

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Soup du Jour posted:

Night Game sounds exactly like a rejected TJ Hooker script or something, can totally see this have started life as a show concept that eventually wound up as a movie

Night Game is a fun movie. Caught it on Prime a couple days ago. It’s worth a watch just for the fantastic drunk acting from the chief of police.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

im watching all of the greatest hits movies then listening to the episodes. first up: pray for death.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Oh man, The Fugitive is one of my favorite movies and I was hoping they'd do an episode on it someday. Unfortunately it's a premium episode and I cancelled a few years ago because less of their selections have interested me in recent years. The niche stuff and animated stuff don't interest me. Oh well.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Fugitive episode is great. It's an advanced Steve episode. Kinda bummed there wasn't a VHS Trailer game. All the bits about "I don't care" just eating away at Dr. Richard Kimble are great.

FistEnergy posted:

Oh man, The Fugitive is one of my favorite movies and I was hoping they'd do an episode on it someday. Unfortunately it's a premium episode and I cancelled a few years ago because less of their selections have interested me in recent years. The niche stuff and animated stuff don't interest me. Oh well.

You could always subscribe for one month a year, listen to all the stuff you want in that month, and then cancel. Still a way to support them.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I haven’t finished the episode but Eric recounting the time someone got turned into confetti by an elevated train in New York was hilarious.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://x.com/WHMPodcast/status/1766192231147348267?s=20
Hell yes, can't watch to watch along with them

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Agree that The Fugitive was a pretty good WLM that had me laughing out loud a lot. Also Night Game was funny and makes me want to watch the movie. Never heard of it.

Beginning to think that my enjoyment of an episode largely hinges in me having seen the film as opposed to how "on" the guys are.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

Agree that The Fugitive was a pretty good WLM that had me laughing out loud a lot. Also Night Game was funny and makes me want to watch the movie. Never heard of it.

Beginning to think that my enjoyment of an episode largely hinges in me having seen the film as opposed to how "on" the guys are.

Watching the movie definitely helps, but I don't love movies enough to watch some of the nonsense they are forced to suffer through. Aside from the Lifetime movies - those are amazing and I watch every single one they do.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Night Game is available for free on Tubi right now. I watched in the background while working on some stuff at home the other day. Perfect hangover move imo

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

god Rebel Moon was loving dire, don’t think I’d have finished without the commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah I did that last night. Genuinely one of the most boring loving movies I’ve watched in a real long time.