Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't know why, but every episode where they talk about Ron Silver I always spend the first part confusedly wondering why they're talking about Rod Serling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jose Oquendo posted:

The $8 tier does. It's all ad-free.

Minus the weekly on-screens (which are skippable as gently caress anyway) and mailbags

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Gyges posted:

I don't know why, but every episode where they talk about Ron Silver I always spend the first part confusedly wondering why they're talking about Rod Serling.

We'd get way more Binghamton content if they were talking about Rod Serling.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
May schedule:

Episode 738 – Lethal Weapon 3

Episode 739 – House on Haunted Hill (1999)

Episode 740 – Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties

Episode 741 – Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Patreon Episodes:

Episode 737 – We Love Movies – Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Animation Damnation: Return to the Planet of the Apes: “Flames of Doom” (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: “All Our Yesterdays” (s3, 23), TNG: “Future Imperfect” (s4, e8)

Gleep Glossary: Callista Ming

MelR0210: 90210 “A Presumption of Innocence” (s3, e12), Melrose Place: “In Bed with The Enemy” (s2, e26)

Too Old for This poo poo: Episodes 1.4 - covering X-Men ’97: “Bright Eyes” and “Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1 & 2” (available 5/10), and 1.5 - covering X-Men ’97: “Tolerance is Extinction Part 3” (available 5/24).

The Gleep Glossary should be an interesting one. I won't spoil anything but check out the entry on Wookiepedia if you want a little preview.

edit: gently caress it. She's a force ghost that gets horny for Luke and Luke gets horny for her.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 29, 2024

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gat-drat that is a strong May schedule

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh good god, Callista. She’s from Children of the Jedi. My personal least favorite old EU book. Here we go.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This "Men at Work" episode is a good one. It's always a good time when it's a bad movie they actually like.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Sheenpril has been far and away the best Actor Month WHM has done. It’s kind of ironic that they prefaced the whole month about it being artificial and kludged together when every episode has felt way more fluid and organic than the Snipes or Brimley months

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Soup du Jour posted:

Sheenpril has been far and away the best Actor Month WHM has done. It’s kind of ironic that they prefaced the whole month about it being artificial and kludged together when every episode has felt way more fluid and organic than the Snipes or Brimley months

I think that's because there's more of a variety and quality to Charlie Sheen's output (before his career plummeted) than Wesley Snipes or Wilford Brimley. Weren't more than one of the Brimley movies ones where he had a supporting role? (And they'd already done some Brimley movies that would have fit in the month nicely, too.)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

men at work was a huge rental when i was a kid so its got a lot of nostalgia for me so it was great that they enjoyed it as much as i do. its time for a rewatch since i havent seen it since the mid 90s i bet

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Looking forward to Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I love the original (and the modern ape trilogy) but Beneath is one of the weirdest, most disjointed, "missed the entire appeal of the original" sequels I've ever seen. It's utterly bizarre. The only sequel from around roughly the same time period that did such a strange swerve was The Exorcist 2 I think.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Next season of Too Old For This poo poo or the first-ever Animation Damnation miniseries:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785701127024992479

:getin:

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Looking forward to Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I love the original (and the modern ape trilogy) but Beneath is one of the weirdest, most disjointed, "missed the entire appeal of the original" sequels I've ever seen. It's utterly bizarre.

Same. The first half is a blatant retread of the original, complete with a less interesting Heston figure, and then it does a total 180 before featuring one of the most hilariously bleak and antisocial endings I've ever seen.

SilentChaz posted:

Next season of Too Old For This poo poo or the first-ever Animation Damnation miniseries:

:getin:

Sausage Party would be a fascinating episode. My sister was working the box office at our local theater when that movie came out, and she said it had more walkouts than any other movie during her tenure there. Parents just kept thinking that it was for children when it very obviously wasn't from the trailers or any other marketing. After the third day of parent complaints and refunds, they put up an extra sign out front saying the movie was rated R, and anyone selling or cutting tickets told them that it wasn't fit for kids. People just didn't listen, and the walkouts continued.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Same. The first half is a blatant retread of the original, complete with a less interesting Heston figure, and then it does a total 180 before featuring one of the most hilariously bleak and antisocial endings I've ever seen.

Sausage Party would be a fascinating episode. My sister was working the box office at our local theater when that movie came out, and she said it had more walkouts than any other movie during her tenure there. Parents just kept thinking that it was for children when it very obviously wasn't from the trailers or any other marketing. After the third day of parent complaints and refunds, they put up an extra sign out front saying the movie was rated R, and anyone selling or cutting tickets told them that it wasn't fit for kids. People just didn't listen, and the walkouts continued.

To be fair to the parents that was a very dire time for kids films in theaters. Just a cursory look at the box office at the time the only thing out new was Pete's Dragon (same day release), Secret Life of Pets (on its 36th day in theaters), Ice Age: Collision Course (on its 22nd day in theaters), Finding Dory (57 days), and The Jungle Book (120 days). Parents were desperate for anything new and probably dragged a pile of crying/covered in puke kids into a theater for any sort of respite from their crying and puking.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I must've confused the episode on Foodfight! with one on Sausage Party, because I could have sworn they did one on Sausage Party.

Guess I have a title picked out to enter for next year's Listener Request Month. :v:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Lethal Weapon 3 is the only one I didnt watch yet so i watched it tonight , and honestly it wasn't bad . There is case to be made its the weakest one because atleast the 4 had Jet Li kicking rear end and being menacing , but 3 had enough entertaining moments , the chemistry between the leads is still great and Rene Russo was a great addition .
Donner could probably knock out a reliable entertaining blockbuster in his sleep .

admataY fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 4, 2024

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
3 is fine, choose to redouble the amount of Leo Getz from 2 is probably the worst decision. Also the cop killers bulldozer ending is actually one step too dumb.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve only seen the first, can I skip the second and go straight to the third or is it pretty key to watch them in order?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If you don't watch them in order how will you truly understand the nuance, depth, and pathos of Murtaugh when he says he's too old for this poo poo?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

teen witch posted:

I’ve only seen the first, can I skip the second and go straight to the third or is it pretty key to watch them in order?

2 has Riggs and Murtaugh gunning down a bunch of racist south Africans and diplomatic immunity. It's a pro watch

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

B-Rock452 posted:

2 has Riggs and Murtaugh gunning down a bunch of racist south Africans and diplomatic immunity. It's a pro watch
SAY NO MORE.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

This is probably the only place on the internet to ask this: Has anyone stepped up to fill the Gilbert Gottfried niche?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

mweber posted:

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

When I had my wisdom teeth cut out and was on painkillers, I spent an afternoon staring into the bathroom mirror shouting "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" like Joss Ackland in Lethal Weapon 2.

That was a fun day.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Joss Ackland has such a great screen presence, but his whole career is DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY and QUACK QUACK.

mweber fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 5, 2024

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mweber posted:

Joss Ackland has such a great screen presence, but his whole career is DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY and QUACK QUACK.

And the guy who lost another submarine in Hunt for Red October.

Plot wise, you could skip 2, I guess. The only thing you’d miss is the intro of Joe Pesci’s character. But you shouldn’t skip it, it’s a great movie. My second favorite of the series, after the first. And it’s a lot of people’s favorite.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mweber posted:

and being the namesake for Bristish designer drug Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Doug, we’ve gotta start a war in Mexico!