Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
The bit that hooked me was from Day After Tomorrow: what if everyone in Hollywood was killed except for Louie Anderson and he had to play every part in every movie and also host the Oscars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Well TIL that the Cathy cartoon started in 1976. I always thought is was a total 90's thing. Anyway that AD was funny in a weep for humanity way since who in their right mind would sit through that dreck.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Propaniac posted:

The bit that hooked me was from Day After Tomorrow: what if everyone in Hollywood was killed except for Louie Anderson and he had to play every part in every movie and also host the Oscars

Anything with the guys riffing on Louie Anderson (R.I.P.D.) is comedy gold. Cat food hot dogs from the Cat's Eye episode and the Life With Louie Christmas special. Surprised they haven't done a regular episode of Life With Louie for Animation Damnation.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I still really love the Brainscan episode, both for the bits of Jeremy the intern and the pathetic loser protagonist (buds…forever?)
Then there's classics like Blame it on Rio and Cyber Seduction, Invisible Child and maybe Glass House which is a much better WHM episode than a movie.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Watching Speed and I really hope we get it as an WLM one day. They'd get a lot of mileage out of Dennis Hopper acting like a little goblin man.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Flython posted:

Watching Speed and I really hope we get it as an WLM one day. They'd get a lot of mileage out of Dennis Hopper acting like a little goblin man.

...I could have sworn they already did this.

Now I'm having a real Mandela-effect moment because I could vividly remember them talking about Jeff Daniels and his entire SWAT team getting destroyed by that booby trap

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 17, 2024

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Angry_Ed posted:

Now I'm having a real Mandela-effect moment because I could vividly remember them talking about Jeff Daniels and his entire SWAT team getting destroyed by that booby trap

Same here, though maybe it was just some quick references when doing other films, but yeah that and Cans! It's just cans! Keanu voice etc.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I double checked myself. They've done the second one as an episode a few years back. And it's come up again here and there. Most recently something they watched had the guy with the Jaguar in it.

What a film tho. I mean Alan Ruck? The great Joe Morton? It was just made to be an ep.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Jack Ketch posted:

Same here, though maybe it was just some quick references when doing other films, but yeah that and Cans! It's just cans! Keanu voice etc.

They reference the Jeff Bridges scene a ton in other episodes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Angry_Ed posted:

Same...god drat.

They did Speed2 so wtf am I falsely remembering swearing to god they did Speed 1 on WLM?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I figure there will be some folks in this thread who appreciate this. I found a youtube channel that has a lot of Tales From the Crypt episodes. The very first episode was written by Walter Hill and has William Sadler, Gerrit Graham, the guy who Arnie throws onto the stove in T2, plus a ton of other “oh hey that guy” actors.

https://youtube.com/@glamsterscrypt2?si=UROnv03Fx3FesQNq

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Tales from the crypt is so loving good. It’s absolutely worth tracking down and watching. When people talk about the best shows ever on HBO, it’s on that list.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Angry_Ed posted:

They've talked about that scene and Daniels' expression in several episodes, including the Speed 2: Cruise Control episode. I just listened to one of them the other day.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Flython posted:

I love that movie but Keanu’s acting is still SO bad in it. Love the guy and he seems like an awesome dude but his acting usually sucks.

IMO Dennis Hopper kills that movie, he’s absolutely amazing. RIPD.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Keanu Reeves playing Don Jon in much ado about nothing is hysterical for how bad it is

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

ravenkult posted:

I still really love the Brainscan episode, both for the bits of Jeremy the intern and the pathetic loser protagonist (buds…forever?)

"What? Jeremy, it's Columbus Day! There's no mail, Jeremy! There's no mail!"

That whole running joke still pops up in my head eery now and then.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Saw madam web.

It deserves an emergency episode.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IBroughttheFunk posted:

"What? Jeremy, it's Columbus Day! There's no mail, Jeremy! There's no mail!"

That whole running joke still pops up in my head eery now and then.

The similarity of their Trickster voice to their Cobra Commander voice always makes me start thinking of the Cold Slither animation damnation where they enact the idea of Cobra getting audited (by "Invoice" of the accounting department) and said auditor forcing CC to explain all of Cobra's insane schemes and cost overruns.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I always hope they'll do another Halloween sequel for the :spooky:Spooktacular:spooky: so Loose Loomis can make a return.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

NmareBfly posted:

Saw madam web.

It deserves an emergency episode.

This is the list of the movies the pair of screenwriters has done

The gang can't not do it at some point, you can't break the streak of having this entire output be on the show.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

SilentChaz posted:

I always hope they'll do another Halloween sequel for the :spooky:Spooktacular:spooky: so Loose Loomis can make a return.

They still haven't done Halloweens 4 and Halloween 5 (both with Loomis), or Halloween (2018), or Halloween Kills, nor have they done either of the Zombie Halloweens (both with "Loomis").

e: I love all of their Halloween episodes. The opening of their Halloween Ends episode where Cabin keeps saying "**Corey**" and Andrew has to go "Will you shut the gently caress up for two seconds?"

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 18, 2024

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mweber posted:

plus a ton of other “oh hey that guy” actors.

I will never not laugh at David Tell'em and Weasin' the Juice Guy.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I will never not laugh at David Tell'em and Weasin' the Juice Guy.

He made me gently caress her!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Lady Slap is one of my all time favorites and a bit of a one off. not too many sean connery sightings lately

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listener Request Month 2024 picks:

Main Feed:
Night Game (1989)
Indecent Proposal (1993)
Rollerball (2002)
Young Einstein (1988)

Patreon-
Animation Damnation: Bravestarr - "The Taking of Thistledown 123"
Gleep Glossary: Savage Opress
The Nexus: Voyager - "The Thaw" and Strange New Worlds - "Those Old Scientists"
We Love Movies: The Fugitive (1993)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That Sleazebaggano is one slippery dude.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
With Blank Check doing McTiernan I suppose it's high time I watch Rollerball.

The Fugitive should be fun as hell though.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Please watch the original Rollerball, so you can have some nice thoughts. The remake is first class dog poo poo and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Take care of yourself.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Fugitive holds up real well. Perfect hotel movie to tune in and catch 20 minutes of here or there.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Some day my request for the Enterprise episode where a whole planet is mad at Scott Bakula’s dog for pissing on a tree stump will get through.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

i watched rollerball until they got to the split second Slipknot was on screen then turned it off. that was the highlight of that movie

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pops Mgee posted:

Some day my request for the Enterprise episode where a whole planet is mad at Scott Bakula’s dog for pissing on a tree stump will get through.

yeah, that would be an extremely good one for them to do

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Listener Request Month 2024 picks:

Main Feed:
Young Einstein (1988)

May God help us all.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
gently caress YES to them finally doing the Fugitive!! One of my all time favorite movies and plenty of opportunities for their amazing Tommy Lee Jones impression. I am stoked!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pops Mgee posted:

Personally I would like to hear them react to the one where an entire sentient species is going extinct from a genetic disease. The Enterprise Dr finds a cure, but decides not to share it because it might interfere with the hypothetical development of another species that lives on the planet. Billions die and a species goes extinct, but it's ok because that's nature and maybe one day "they'll think of some...directive" that would reinforce their actions.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Splint Chesthair posted:

May God help us all.

I remember really loving that movie, but goddamn that's gonna be a lot of dogshit Australian accent attempts to sit through.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Got a solid chortle with the impromptu dvd theme song.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I really enjoyed Young Einstein the one time I watched it .
I was 13 at the time .

I tried watching Rollerball today but gave up after a few minutes . I thought I liked the early 0's , but man that was too much early 0's for me .

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is rollerball remake better or worse than deathrace remake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Rollerball have no Statham , Ian McShane , or Joan Allen curse like a sailor, not even a competition .