Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I am ashamed no one has brought up their Godzilla episode.
Or any episode with Jim Belushi on it - K-9, K-9/11, Mr. Destiny, Taking Care of Business, The Principal. They are fantastic and very enjoyable.

Re: Chris Cabin. The guy might not be as funny as the others, but he's still very important to the dynamic of the show since he's got the deepest insight into movies and how they should work. Sajdak, meanwhile, usually has the everyman reactions to bad movies (him softly going eeeww is the funniest goddamn thing in every episode it shows up in) and Szyszka is basically Norm McDonald reborn. Jupin is pretty great, too, since he does most of the impressions.

That bit at the beginning of this week's episode with them saying that they're each a different voice feels like a dig at this thread, to be honest.

And yes, them talking poo poo about the absent member is always hilarious. "HEY SAJDAK!"

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jack Frost is also very entertaining for their indignity at the lovely spoiled kid who is also indirectly responsible for his father's death

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What was the really early episode that had them plugging an appearance at some show that had Steve's way of saying "Saturday night!" creep everybody out?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I didn't kill THESE prostitutes

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 17, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I kinda wish they had guests more often. The guy who guested in the Spawn episode was hilarious, if only because of how New Yorkish he sounded.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man Gottfried's fake normal voice sounds weird as hell

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Back when I started listening I thought they were too hard on him then they read his editorial in taking care of business and holy hell they need to be harder on him

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mods name change me to Eyes Wide Chuck tia

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

"Tell Jim Henson he's fired. No no no no no no, tell him to drop dead.

He what?"

Eric is the loving best.

What episode was this from

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Corek posted:

When I was 9 years old I watched Master of Disguise twice on DVD and made sure to check all the special features and deleted scenes (of which there were a ton, beyond what you saw at the end of the movie). There was even an alternate ending, where Pistachio's dog turns out to be his grandpa in disguise.

Ok, that is legitimately a funny joke

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I Hate that that mask sperm video is now in my view history

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dragonheart next week. I remember it being a pretty good movie, if only for the score but let's see what the guys have to say about it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The WHM guys have a great podcast and I've never felt indignant over them doing any movie, no matter how good or bad it's perceived in general society or how recommended it is by those goofballs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Eric made a tweet that said "The End" yesterday along with this picture that I don't get. It could just be referring to Jupin's move, though?

ericszyszkaConspiracy theorists: I'm moving out of my apartment not We Hate Movies

I'm still very wary someone's leaving. I'm going to legitimately be bummed out if somebody leaves, I don't care who.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's Crabin.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

weekly font posted:

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. He was occasionally the odd man being the pure movie guy in a room full of comedy dudes but I feel like he was stepping up his game recently and landing some great lines. :(

Dude's the best part of the Hard Target review. He might not be funny for a living like the other three, but he's still absolutely hysterical.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the episode where they posit who would play them in a theoretical whm movie, and Steven says <fat comedian> and Eric says Chris Hemsworth

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
At least the Uber ads taught us that Stephen Sajdak is a big fan of public transportation.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't even know how many of his movies they've done, but I immediately thought SWAT.

I don't think they would do an episode that is available on the itunes feed. They've always gone with stuff that's no longer available.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I remember this really old Jim Carrey movie that happens entirely in this guy's room. Carrey plays the devil or death or something, who comes for this really misanthropic dude who is constantly saying he'd rather drop dead than do X.
It was a really odd movie that probably happened before Carrey was a thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

High Strung. I remember seeing that a couple times on HBO.

Holy poo poo yes. What a bizarre movie. Watched it when I was like, 7. Wonder what appreciation I'd have for it today

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

weekly font posted:

I constantly forget how stupid that movie is. Time for a relisten, I guess. That episode also contains my favorite Steve transition: "Speaking of raining donuts, Ethan Suplee.."

I feel like the guys didn't spend enough time laughing at the Baby Boomer joke

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
They've said they've watched movies with a few beers and a tall glass of water which is weed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In hundreds of episodes this is the first time they've tackled a movie I watched religiously as a kid.
Can't wait to hear it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Have they mentioned when Cabin would come back

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Isn't va work pay like really, really low though?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Rylo Ken, the son of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

I'm even more confused now.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura's Saturday nights as a governor you slack-jawed so-and-so

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Whoever did can just keep it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Who was the actor's death they said would make the podcast go dark for a month?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also Andrew's insistence on confusing Dr. Wily with Dr. Robotnik.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I take umbrage to them giving poo poo to the godfather game, which at least the Wii version was super fun

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Vin Diesel is rolling really terrible if all he's getting is 10s

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Re; making GBS threads yourself as an adult: still haven't, still happy

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The one movie I always intend to watch but I never actually have is Pray for Death. I dunno why I keep putting it off because it sounds like a fantastic movie

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there a youtube of Daphne letting that puppet go, it sounds delightful

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

"My me puppet is missing a button." "And I swallowed a button" got a genuine belly laugh out of me.
This cartoon seems genuinely funny, wow.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm going to just request they rewatch and do another episode on Blame it on Rio

It is a drat shame we don't get to hear Eric's view on it or Steve's opinion on Easy Rider: The Ride Back

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I called in Mouse Hunt because it's still on Netflix and it's still so stupid. I was kind of tipsy when I called in so I both hope and don't hope they don't pick it.

They love the poo poo out of that movie though, and they don't normally pick movies they like beforehand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man it's so weird to see them in action. They're not just three disembodied fat voices now.
And that Eric IS a handsome feller.