Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Yeah if you want to get into this the best ones to start with are Hider in the House, Tuff Turf, Invisible Child, or Blame it on Rio. Any of their romantic comedies are solid too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CoolZidane posted:

That episode has a couple highlights for me: Kate Capshaw ("Ewwww, Steven, there's a spider in here!") and John Rhys-Davies ("Aliens? That sounds like bullshit, Indy! Goodbye!")

Or their conversation about Capshaw getting mad at Spielberg for not allowing her to be in the movie.

GOLD!!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

xzoto1 posted:

The funniest impersonation of a "celebrity" is the one with Louie Anderson in The Day After Tomorrow episode. It had me in tears.

Was that the one in which he remade classic tv starring himself?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

"Too bad they don't let horses testify then!"

"THAT'LL CHANGE ONE DAY PIPPI, AND YOU'LL GET THE CHAIR. THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR"

Or how they want it to cross over with AMC.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I now want an Arnold karaoke album.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

The Spawn episode of We Hate Movies has the most cringeworthy guest host, all he does is talk about action figures and parrot Simpsons quotes.

It involves Todd McFarlane, why wouldn't they talk about action figures?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo some amazing poo poo is coming up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

They just joined a podcast network, so there's probably change in the system as a result of that.

They have not used different opening music for a while now. They had a friends band create a theme and it has been since atleast Boondock Saints 2, as they mentioned using music from the band Boondock Saints they would get sued.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

I miss the music and the use of clips from the movies.

Chris Cabin has been funnier in recent episodes he's been in, I believe.

They still use clips every now and then.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Next week is We Love Movies and if you go to Jupin's Letterboxd page you can find out what amazing film they are watching.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Firstborn posted:

I can't navigate that site. Which Nic Cage movie is it?

It is Face Off

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

I thought they said it wasn't the movie I was thinking of but that's the movie I'm always thinking of :confused:

As you should be, but I assume they mean not the movie a bad movie podcast would be doing of his aka Wickerman or any other awful but amazing movie he has done.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Face/Off is a weird one. It is absolutely way way way too long and Travolta and Cage are simultaneously hammy while also maintaining a tricky balancing act with their performances. There's something about Woo's brand of melodrama that just doesn't work in the US. When it works it works great, but there's a whole load of poo poo that people forget about when they think about that movie.

Also replacement kid

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

At least in the first movie, it's also worth noting that the one most enthusiastic and most committed to Ghost Busting - Ray - is also hands-down the worst at it, while the one who couldn't give a poo poo and just wants to bang ladies - Venkman - is the most effective Ghost Buster.

Ray just wanted to bang the ghosts or have the ghosts bang him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Next week shall it be ID4 or will it be Lost World?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Firstborn posted:

It's true, the best bits are only tangentially related to whatever they are talking about. It's usually the derail of a derail that has the most surreal and ridiculous parts, and then one of them has to go begrudgingly "but anyway back to this lovely movie". I loved this episode, too. I hope it's The Lost World, but that feels kind of ... obvious. He has a whole lot of lovely movies in his filmography (bless his heart).

E: He = Jeff Goldblum.

Yeah but how many of them are summer blockbusters?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Arturo Ui posted:

I had this feeling when they did Foodfight and not once mentioned the poo poo weasel.

To be fair there is so much in the movie to talk about

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Sometimes I get nostalgic and wonder why NBC stopped airing Saturday morning cartoons. Then I listened to that and remember why.

Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbExMkYdGW4

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I am 30 and there is a good chance that I did watch it as a kid, but I might have just forgotten about it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

e X posted:

I just listen to the episode and honestly, their objection to the Loony Tunes being enslaved is kinda weird.

Slavery has no place in the Looney tune universe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

Anyone who didn't consume just about anything Bo Jackson related just wasn't a true American. Bo knows your sins, JT Smiley.

Bo knows all

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So is it safe to say next weeks will be Stealth?
Also John Hammond as Brendan Gleeson in Gangs of New York.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 2, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Does the 10 year rule still apply for Listener Request Month? Because apparently he was also in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

But my money is on Stealth. I remember liking Stealth but I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw it so I wouldn't be shocked if it's garbage.

I am almost positive it is and million ways to die in the west would be in worst of 2015, and his scene in Million was just a cameo as Django. If the 10 years is ignored Amazing Spider-man 2 is also possible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Heteroy posted:

It was long enough ago that I may have forgotten it being a real attempt at a blockbuster, but I seem to remember Stealth's marketing push was somewhat lukewarm. Like the studio focus tested it, realized they were sitting on cinematic garbage, but since there was that much money levied, it couldn't be completely dropped. It just sort of limped into theaters.

Whatever happened, it came across to me at the time as a brainless middling action film that looked perhaps a bit too shiny for how it was positioned.I

Looking at Foxx's IMDB page, a lot of his recent output could be WHM material in terms of being bad movies, although I know they shy away from unfunny comedies for obvious reasons. I totally forgot Bait was a thing, although it's definitely not a blockbuster.

Also, on IMDB one of the plot keywords for Any Given Sunday is "male pubic hair". :wtc:

If you go to jupin's letterbox page it is Stealth

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Hey, the more people call it in, the more likely they are to do it. :v:

Ah the Foodfight method.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Love Guru 2 for him!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Love Guru, Master of Disguise , Wayne's World marathon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Master of Disguise is just legitimately too awful. If the 10-year rule doesn't apply to Listener Request Month I'm standing by Punisher War Zone (because I just remembered that it's from 2008 and not earlier in the decade :smith:)

It does not apply

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was actually thinking Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey just so they could put a button on all the "STATION!" callbacks.

Which they haven't done in a while, now that I think of it.

They have said its a stay tuned.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Duke posted:

Violates the 10 year rule.

Also the movie everyone should be calling in is Death Wish 3. I want to hear someone talk about and hopefully love this late night cable piece of crap as much as I do.

Listener request month.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

User-Friendly posted:

I feel like next week has to be Dennis the Menace, right? It's been a while since they got mad at a lovely kid.

What about House Arrest?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hockles posted:

Camp Nowhere

:hellyeah:

With Cult leader Christopher Lloyd.

So next weeks it could be Son of Mask, Spiceworld, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Get Carter, Spy Kids 3d, or Garfield.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 16, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ror posted:

Andrew didn't update the WHM Letterboxd page yet but I think he did spoil next week's episode if you want to know: http://i.imgur.com/8qLQ3p3.png

Oh good the hate seems strong in this one. I was hoping it was Get Carter since its another bullshit remake of an almost perfect movie. Also Michael Caine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

It's a testament to Michael Caine as an actor that Blame It On Rio didn't COMPLETELY ruin him for me.

Stop blaming Rio for his actions!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

An American Carol as an episode would be entertaining, but not really funny, as it would just be a prolonged savaging of everything that stupid piece of poo poo movie stands for.

Also them talking about better movies the director has done.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

N64 graphics?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

Well that's just goddamn irresponsible, airing that thing on cable. That's like airing a two hour Silver Shamrock commercial. Kids all over the country were melting into insects and snakes while Jamie Kennedy drank baby piss.

Son of the Mask sounds like it'd make a great triple feature with The Master of Disguise and the sweet release of death.

Love guru, Master of Disguise, and son of mask triple feature. Maybe add what I am almost positive next weeks movie is going to be Terminator 3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gyges posted:

No way is that as bad as Master of Disguise, Love Guru, and Son of the Mask. Not even in the same hemisphere of badness.

No doubt but you have to have something to look forward to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bobservo posted:

It's kind of mystifying how these guys know nothing about Pokemon; they're a bit younger than me and basically in the perfect demographic for that show in 1998. Did they even know it was a video game?

They would have been like 15-16 years old