Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

PubicMice posted:

Unfortunately I found this podcast in October, which means I didn't get to call in the most ridiculous movie of all time, 2003's Party Monster.

I was going to write a description of the movie, but then I found this picture of the dvd cover, which I think sums everything up pretty handily.

Have you seen the documentary it's based on (confusingly enough it has the same name)?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0141716/

The documentary is KUH-RAZY and so weird and fascinating. It's about the NY club kid scene in the late 80s and early 90s and how one of the key members murdered a guy in a drug fugue. The most mind bending part (which I THINK gets ignored in the Culkin/Green movie) is that after the murder Alig told anyone who would listen that he'd killed Angel Melendez and the cops didn't do poo poo until parts of Angel's body washed up on Staten Island several months later.

I'm wondering how the next listener request month will go; it's a draw, right? I have to choose between requesting the lovely pseudo Lifetime movie House of Cards (with Katleen Turner and Tommy Lee Jones), OR something fun and weird like Clifford (what is Martin Short in this movie?) or Carny. I legitimately love Carny but it stars Gary Busey and Jodie foster and I want to hear their impersonations collide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

My friend told me to try it out, and I think I listened to either The Good Son or Cat People first.

I was confused for days after listening to Cat People because I had remembered watching a movie about sinister incestuous cat people but literally every other detail was different. Turns out I saw Sleepwalkers, which is otherwise a forgettable Stephen King romp.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I feel like the mailbags have reached such a level of insanity I actually look forward to them more than the episodes.

Still loving the episodes obviously! I feel like the Poison Ivy episode doesn't get enough love; I think that's the origin of the dog-acting conversation. Hoping there's more misguided rom-com and Lifetime-esque movies this year since those are my favorites.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Woop woop bought my tickets to see WHM in LA! Maybe 2016 isn't such a bad year after all. :smith:

I watched Tuff Turf on Netflix (HUGE recommend, it's as fun as they say it is and Jack Mack and the Heart Attacks is the funnest of all).

My friend made me watch Buried Alive on YouTube and it made me way more furious than I expected. I don't think I've ever seen a revenge movie where I so sympathized with the antagonist (the wife, her boyfriend was awful) and totally despised the protagonists.

Gotta hunt down Suburban Commando soon.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

well why not posted:

Also Scheer can be creepy as gently caress and it upsets me.

Do you mean Mantzoukas? TBH I felt like a lot of the "dumb June" bits were Mantzoukas making a huge deal out of every admittedly ineloquent (though not that crazy once I got what she was saying) or benign/inane observation June made.

Once June disappeared from the show (her and Scheer had a baby so she was busy) there were a BUNCH of multiple big-name guests for live shows and they were just too unorganized and obnoxious. I listened to "Can't Stop The Music" and the guests + hosts just shouted/bickered over eachother for some unfunny bit for like 45 minutes before talking about the movie. That was when I unsubscribed.

A bit more on-topic; I wonder if the Patreon for WHM will do away with the ads (which haven't really bothered me personally, but ymmv) or if listener request will turn into a Patreon/donation thing?

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

BlameSpacePod posted:

Also dudes, if you're in Los Angeles, we added a 2nd show to the Hollywood Improv on BATMAN & ROBIN.
If you've got tickets for the 8 PM on Suburban Commando, check your email for a half off promo code.
http://hollywood.improv.com/event.cfm?cart&id=465189

Ahhhh I got the promo code email and am debating if I should jump for both! It's late for a school night but I'm probably going to do it.

My advice for a few NYers visiting LA for the first time is In-N-Out is overrated; use that money to buy as many tacos as possible.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Who's going to the show tonight? I bought tickets for both shows though I might miss part of the 8pm one. :/ Ive never been to the Hollywood Improv so who knows what kinda parking/traffic hell I've gotten myself into.

If one of you sees a white girl with glasses, white shoes and dark hair tied up in a mint green scrunchie say "hi I'm from the Internet" and I'll resist the urge to throw sand in your eyes and run away.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Traffic probably won't be terrible but pay for valet parking. It's not that much, and it'll make life so much easier. If you're not coming from far away I'd seriously suggest taking a cab. They also might not let you into the first show if you're late, so be prepared for that.

Thanks for the tip on the valet; I went and took out some cash during my lunch break after I read this. Coming straight from work or I'd totally cab. Fingers crossed! If all things go as planned I'll be staring at their four fat New York faces for like 3+ hours straight tonight.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Me and my friend will be there. I'll be the guy wearing the "Nuke the Whales" t-shirt. Definitely excited to hear about both Mr Freeze and "ANTIFREEZE!"

I didn't see anyone but lol yeah, we definitely got a great "ANTIFREEZE" moment. I hope the people in the front row got their complimentary trash bag to burn their clothes in.

The Suburban Commando episode was REALLY good (and had a lot of call backs to previous bits) but I was almost crying at how funny Batman and Robin was. Poor creepy Alfred.

If I were braver I would have tried to say hi or thank Eric for the community service that is BioOS; there is an embarrassing number of conversations with coworkers/peers that I was only able to navigate because I'd listened to a BioOS episode on it. Still need an episode on "remote viewing" though; nothing quite like a coworker going from "sexism is over" to "the government has recorded secret footage of the JFK assassination by using remote viewing to travel back in time" in the span of 30 minutes.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

When I first started listening to WHM and didn't yet know what everyone looked like I envisioned Eric as a confused old man who wandered into the podcast.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I may have terrible taste but I actually really liked the first Childs Play movie. The sequels are unwatchable though.

Poison Ivy is one of my favorites in the back catalogue. Whenever I'm trying to describe to someone why sexualizing teenage girls is gross (like describing why Bratz make me uncomfortable) I pull out Steve Sadjak's "Mmmm, sexy babies" riff. I think I like listening to the guys cringe and squirm.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

so wait steve vomited on the audience at TWO live shows?

At the Suburban Commander show he poured water all over his face and made a mess while shouting "ANTIFREEZE" (what Hulkster does in the movie) all for the sake of visual comedy.

At the Batman & Robin show right after, he choked on his water and spit on some poor couple in the front row. Poor Steve. :(

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I watched Buried Alive (a goon call in!) and really regretted it. I was raised on Jim Belushi movies and am a human female so you'd think I'd be used to it, but for some reason the misogyny in Buried Alive made me really depressed/angry.

Speaking of misogyny, Overboard would be amazing. I love it when the guys lambast something that was the background noise to my childhood.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

It was weird listening to last week's Sawbones after WHM's fat spy tangent. Apparently France already has a fat spy???

So so pumped for the Overboard episode, not that excited about the others. Overboard is one of those "cute" movies I watched as a kid because it was on TV all the time, but as an adult is super loving gross/terrifying/etc.

I forgot to call in Monkey Bone. :(

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Night Game is available for free on Tubi right now. I watched in the background while working on some stuff at home the other day. Perfect hangover move imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Andorra posted:

You just reminded me of one of my favorite reactions they've had- when Andrew and Eric discovered live what the original title of And Then There Were None was.

Do you remember what episode that was? I learned about that after reading the book and my e-reader skipped the postscript/confession. Very confused, I went to Wikipedia and found 1) my e-reader hosed up and 2) oh god DAMNIT Agatha

claw game handjob posted:

Good news, Eric is ignoring them in force again.

:woop: