Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This is the best movie podcast and I'll also recommend it. It's not a comedy podcast that's also tangentially about movies, and it's not a serious movie podcast that just happens to be funny sometimes. It's some regular dudes who know a lot about cinema hanging out and bullshitting about terrible movies. The sound of beer cans opening on mic makes an appearance sometimes. It avoids a lot of podcast pitfalls, like getting too far into tangents or terrible injokes, and is consistently entertaining. Just dive in and check it out, it's very approachable. I recommend their episodes about The Principal and Blame it on Rio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Wait I've listened to almost every episode of their show and am a huge fan, but I just found out something to be pedantic and annoyed at. In the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer episode, they acted like they barely knew who John Hawkes was and made fun of him, but in the most recent episode they referenced him like he was someone they knew about and respected. So which is it?? Personally, I think John Hawkes is great. I'm also glad I found something to complain about with WHM.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I miss the music and the use of clips from the movies.

Chris Cabin has been funnier in recent episodes he's been in, I believe.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Pallbearer, which features my fave WHM character.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Anybody else happy with not knowing what the WHM dudes look like and wanting to just think of them as floating disembodied voices?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't mind the ads as long as they keep them at the beginning. I did like that somebody posted that the start of the episode was 8 minutes in because I usually try to skip to the theme song and it would have taken me a bit to figure out where that was, what with so much before the actual start.

Speaking of that theme song, it sucks and has always sucked. I still miss the different music in the beginning, though at this point they've probably done more episodes with that theme song than without.

Have to give them credit for the song they use when they do horror movies, that's probably the best podcast theme out there.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also, welcome to the forums, new user "BlameSpacePod". Though you registered in February, looks like last page was your first post. I hope you enjoy everyone's comments about how they can't tell the voices of the WHM crew apart. I was one of them, once long ago, but I feel like after you listen to enough episodes that goes away.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

weekly font posted:

As well as a bunch of hits.

Are you quoting LFO?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Listening to the She's All That Episode, there's a real collar-pulling bit in the beginning about Paul Walker.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star. That movie is garbage.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You know what was a good year for movies? 1999. I don't know if it was people being afraid of Y2K or something but as a year as a whole, 1999 produced a huge amount of amazing films.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have been waiting for them to do this episode as long as I've been listening to the podcast. Saw Cyber Seduction on Lifetime the week it came out. There were actually a lot of jokes on the internet about it at the time. Even a big review on a certain comedy website.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

weekly font posted:

I'm almost positive Number 23 was a stay tuned so it's probably that.

Where's that exhaustive list that the obsessed weirdos made?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The only thing that sucks about getting a letter read is that they probably won't read another of yours again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

We Hate Movies slowly turns into an advice podcast over 20 years, in 2036 it's just called "WHM", the letters don't stand for anything, movies are never mentioned, every episode is reader mail.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Calaveron posted:

We Have Mailbag

Dear WHM:

What do the letters in your name stand for?

Well, that's a funny story. You see, the first 1100 episodes of this show were actually comedic reviews of bad movies! Of course, that was back when we all still had only organic, human organs and New York City wasn't called "Robo New York 2032".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

Wait, how the gently caress did Mike get the engineer job?!

He likes eating the most.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

They've praised Speed Racer for its compatibility with tall glasses of water numerous times. Also it's easily the most fun thing the Wachowskis have been involved with since the first Matrix.

I thought "sauce only" referred to crust + tomato sauce. My buddy used to eat that all the time and it's what comes up if you google the term.

Tomato pie is a real thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

It's a little weird that jupin brings up blocking people on twitter every episode.

If you're going to do something, these days, you have to fight an endless war against horrible people who do nothing but talk poo poo. In conclusion: gently caress the haters.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The show is definitely better with Cabin than without him.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

clown shoes posted:

They also mentioned a documentary called Hell House (2001) about Christian haunted houses. That one is harder to find.

When did they mention Hell House? I love that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm rewatching Phantom Menace.

So killing Darth Maul, was that Obi Wan's big high school football game? Like he never did anything greater than that, totally peaked as a teenager? He killed a drat Sith!