Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

OldTennisCourt posted:

Tuff Turf is amazing if only for the majesty that is Jack Mack. "JACK MACK MAKE YOU DANCE. IN ALL SERIOUSNESS....JACK MACK NEEDS SOME COCAINE."

I FINALLY listened to that episode a couple days ago and now one of my all-time favorite show moments is the dad getting too excited his 17-year-old might be getting married.

YOU OLD BITCH
YOU OLD SEVENTEEN-YEAR-OLD SEA HAG BITCH

Probably tied with the theory that one of the horses in Hard Target "retired at the bottom of Brimley's pot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

DrVenkman posted:

Anyway, they've had as many classic episodes since ep 150 as they had before it. Not every episode is a hit. Seventh Son was loving terrible, and you can tell when they flounder because they become reliant on just doing impressions.

I see your point about the episode, but the bit where they first make a deal about Jeff Bridges' voice makes me laugh my rear end off every time I listen to it. Something like, it's like hearing Yukon Cornelius with one of your speakers blown out. BRHBRHHRBRHHRBRHR. BRHRHRBR.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Look. I'm just saying. You don't just mod an internet forum with a name like Trumundas.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Oh my god Steve's gutteral "UUUGH" when Ken Burns' Jazz comes up made me laugh so hard

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Elderbean posted:

The Friedberg and Seltzer parodies were way lazier than shrek, it got to the point where the parodies just referenced scenes from the trailers of the movies they were spoofing coupled with a loving reference to youtube videos at one point.

Meet the Spartans was on in the background of a party I went to in high school and the only part I remember seeing was when the fat guy from Borat turned into a Transformer that began to play the "leave Britney alone" video on his robo-chest. christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I THOUGHT it was a dog suit but the guys kept saying bear suit so I second guessed myself.

I read the book about a decade or so ago and iirc in the book there was a famous party at the Overlook where a mob boss attended and his top guy wore a dog suit as a novelty party thing, but the movie cuts out the explanation for that and just leaves the weird image. If I recall the lady in 237 also has a backstory in the book.

Maybe it's in that miniseries I will never watch, along with the boiler being relevant.

I finished the book last week and you're pretty much right-the boss had a fling with the guy but wasn't interested past that, unlike the dog guy. The lady in 237/217 shacked up with younger guys until dying in the room and ghosting out pretty soon before the book starts