Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

thedangergroove posted:

I love We Hate Movies. I finally became more of a WHM than a Flop House person in the past year due to The Flop House just feeling so short on the movie end of things, and being the Elliott-Kalan-talks-over-everyone-with-a-lower-and-lower-hit-to-miss-ratio hour. Still love both shows.
Yeah I still like The Flop House, but Kalan gets to be a bit much after a while. Especially the Letters songs. We get the joke, the horse isn't just dead, it has dessicated and crumbled into dust. WHM has kept growing on me even as I've realized I only kind of like TFH and the only person on How Did This Get Made I even enjoy listening to is Mantzoukas.

quote:

My girlfriend, who is also a big fan of both shows, somehow got in touch with Steve Sadjak and had him and the crew sign a DVD copy of Blame it on Rio for me for Christmas. Ewwwwwwwwwww.
Marry this woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Also, I just don't get how people can have trouble telling them apart. They all have rather distinctive voices. Maybe it would take a while to match each voice with a name, but not knowing if there are 2, 3, or 4 of them on doesn't make any sense to me. Usually it's 3, big episodes have all 4 of them.
I don't know, I still sometimes confuse Cabin and Jupin. It doesn't really make any sense, but whatever. Also people have this problem with basically every podcast, it's kinda crazy.

But if you can't tell which one is Sajdak you best get cleaning those ears out.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

xzoto1 posted:

Also, The Flophouse should be called "The Elliot Kalan Show".
TFH with Elliot Kalan

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

KingsPawn posted:

When I heard their take on Sabotage, I had to find the bit where Arnold calls the guy fat and walks away. Had to take a minute after watching it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ArhF8i61o
Hahahahahah this is from a movie that professionals made

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BexGu posted:

I can't wait for the Green Lateran review cause the "Fat, young nerd" voice is absolutely amazing. Really made the Steel incredibly funny.
I thought they said that wasn't going to be an episode?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Foodfight one was actually my first episode. I went looking for people's comments on that... thing, and WHM's cast on it sold me on the whole show.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Also the theme song to How Did This Get Made is legitimately one of the worst things I've ever heard, I'd probably be able to enjoy the show if I wasn't cringing for 20-25 seconds straight at the top of each episode.
Even if you make it through that, you then usually have to sit through June being an unfunny idiot the whole time too, so there's that. Seriously she's so loving bad.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

precision posted:

The thing that got me to swear off How Did This Get Made is the awful commercials. Paul Scheer makes every product that sponsors them sound creepy and horrible, I have no idea why he's so bad at it.
He's trying to be ironic, but actually he's just being unfunny.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I think Eric's the best of them all. You can tell he's the friend that makes them laugh the most.
I'm really starting to appreciate that one guy on a lot of comedy podcasts, the one who's not the loudest or the most jokey, but who has a really understated way of just dropping amazing jokes almost off-handedly, to the point that sometimes no-one even notices until a couple of moments later. Eric's definitely that guy on WHM.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The best American John Woo movie is John Wick anyway.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

As it turns out, what Face/Off needed was Jean-Claude Van Damme locking himself in the editing room and trimming all the fat.
But then all you'd be left with is Nic Cage and John Travolta's piece!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

weekly font posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who has never seen Face Off.
Get out...

and watch that film jesus what are you waiting for?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I like the guests and I think it'd be cool if they had more in the future but this isn't Doug Loves Movies, I'm listening for the hosts not the guests.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I don't think I've ever seen Patrick Dempsey in something and not wanted to slap that smug face.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So that Teen Witch rap - was I the only one who thought they heard a reference to JJ Fad's Supersonic (which came out the year prior, so....)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

When I first played the Ghostbusters video game it made me realize two things I never had before: Peter Venkmann is a huge prick, and Ernie Hudson and by extension, Winston Zeddimore is amazing. I am glad that WHM agrees with me on this.
At least in the first movie, it's also worth noting that the one most enthusiastic and most committed to Ghost Busting - Ray - is also hands-down the worst at it, while the one who couldn't give a poo poo and just wants to bang ladies - Venkman - is the most effective Ghost Buster.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I recognize exactly what Snyder was doing in Sucker Punch. It was still a real bad movie though. Like woooah.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

In the one time this video might ever actually be relevant to a discussion, may I present the WHM Space Jam Nightmare Zone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJcDtdxRTIk

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm disappointed with the ads but I knew it was coming when they first announced they joined Sideshow. At least they're front loaded and not in the middle like Flophouse.
Eh, they weren't hackily done like HDTGM and they weren't the first 20 minutes of the episode like any Kevin Smith podcast, so I'm alright with them. Dudes need to pay for bandwidth and whatnot somehow.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I like the HDTGM ads better because it's just Paul reading from a script for a minute or two, max. WHM ads have you have everyone getting a remark or two in, maybe a derail, and an overly long explanation of what the service being hocked is.

I really don't understand how anyone can tolerate WHM's ads over HDTGM's.

Art Alexakis posted:

Its because [Paul Scheer]'s not funny

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I still don't get the point of Lola Bunny.
Boners, I presume.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I only got on board after the theme song was in, so it always seems a little weird going back to the archive and not having it there. Also I don't mind it, it's totally OK for theme music. I've definitely heard a few podcasts try to go for theme music and end up making... ill-advised choices.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

How old are you people?
Welcome to the elderly corner of the Internet. Don't worry, we've got enough MASK and Jem toys for everyone.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

e: also, yeah, :wtc: how is JP3 in any way better than Lost World? Lost World is a slightly below average movie, JP3 is an outright shitpile.
Exactly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Even after reading the Wikipedia page for JP3 I still remember none of it. I can remember bits of JP2. That's how much worse 2 is.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

precision posted:

Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

New Zealanders, aren't they?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Love Guru and Master of Disguise were bad enough that taken together they make me question whether Wayne's World was actually good.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Would they consider something like Zardoz ? Or is that the wrong kind of bad for their style?

Zardoz has been done so many times by so many people, even before podcasts, that there's essentially nothing left to say about it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

Don't know why people keep wanting to request good movies.
I don't even particularly like Man of Steel, but yeah it's way too well made a movie for the show imo.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's not bad, but drat does some poo poo happen in the course of that movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Duke posted:

Wentworth Miller owns in everything
I haven't seen much Flash, but from what I have seen, he seems to be embracing the mild hamminess of the show. Like he's not a great actor in it, but he's among His People.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Firstborn posted:

I'd say good candidates would be Masters of the Universe, Howard the Duck, Pearl Harbor, Van Helsing, The Happening, Wild Wild West, Waterworld, Hudson Hawk, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, Charlie's Angels 2...

Van Helsing is my personal pick.

I don't know that there's much left to say about Pearl Harbor, The Happening, and Wild Wild West, and possibly also Waterworld and Howard the Duck. They did do Masters of the Universe, though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

God drat there were apparently a lot of total stinkers in 1997.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

precision posted:

Just listened to the Alex Jones/Bill Hicks episode of Blame it on Outer Space. It is everything I wanted. The only thing is that they didn't mention Alex Jones' first film role was Linklater's first film, Slacker.
I don't know about Slacker, but he was for sure in A Scanner Darkly.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

Back on topic, Son of the Mask is a serious contender for one of the very worst movies ever made. It's not funny, it's not fun.
Oh poo poo, speaking of the worst movies ever made that reminds me, someone needs to call in with An American Carol.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

YOO HOO, I'M BLACK!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

Huh. American Carol might make for an interesting episode, but I felt its biggest crime was just being boring and unfunny.
I would argue that its biggest crime was against humanity. That film might be the most singularly spiteful, hateful, bitter thing I've ever watched.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This Ghostbusters remake is going in a weird direction.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I just kind of want to know how Chris got a cut that included that deleted scene.

I mean, even if he torrented it, who would put the deleted scenes back in?
I'm pretty sure the TV edit I saw over here had the sperm scene in it, because I was totally with him and had no idea what the other guys were so baffled by because holy poo poo that is not a sight you forget soon.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I would kill to see WHM's Pokémon League: Red Scorpion edition as an actual animated product. With Ash and Co. like the Harlem Globetrotters, touring Not Japan throwing down in sick gladiatorial battles to entertain the people, while Brock keeps getting catfished by Pokémon, Team Rocket are vampires hot on their heels, and Meowth is secretly raising a Pokeresistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Maybe Entrapment?