Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vakal posted:

The episode on She's All That is average at best, but a certain event that happened shortly after they recorded it makes it an interesting listen.

Elaborate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sabotage is a pretty fun movie if you're gonna sidestep the real crap like I, Origins.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How you could watch that and not just be laughing your head off, I have no idea.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Carl Killer Miller posted:

The 'gently caress you guys' at the end was actually kinda endearing

I just love how he's throwing a tantrum. Sabotage is a great movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was mostly annoyed that there was only a passing reference to the phenomenal Fury.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Adrianics posted:

I'm sad at how bad Sabotage sounds, because End of Watch is really loving great and I loved the notion that we were finally going to return to the late 80s/early 90s 'Arnold plays a badass All American and no one questions his ludicrous accent' films. The idea of him, him of all people, playing the head of some of the most successful undercover DEA agents is completely insane and hilarious.

That's exactly what it is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

Yeah in the Podcast forum a few of us were saying we like Eric on WHM but think he's a bit dry as a host and he said something like, "Oh yeah over on Something Awful. I know you guys think I'm a BORING HOST." But in a playful not entirely lovely way. So yeah, someone's reading. Probably Secundus.

I think Eric's the best of them all. You can tell he's the friend that makes them laugh the most.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm really starting to appreciate that one guy on a lot of comedy podcasts, the one who's not the loudest or the most jokey, but who has a really understated way of just dropping amazing jokes almost off-handedly, to the point that sometimes no-one even notices until a couple of moments later. Eric's definitely that guy on WHM.

He's the Sean Malloy of the podcast, for a podcast history reference.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I like June Diane Raphael.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Don't forget Thief, which it pains me to say he's pretty good in.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, pretty much. I also like when there's another woman on the show and they just go on and on about the outfits.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I still don't get the point of Lola Bunny.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

They wanted to add a female character, which is a good goal to have, they just totally screwed up the execution.

She exists solely to "prove" that Bugs is heterosexual. It's a really weird idea.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's kind of like Aunt Harriet for Batman, really!
Not quite as camp and didn't backfire in the same way. On the one hand Aunt Harriet is almost like a gently caress you kind of joke to people who think it's weird that this wealthy older man is living with his "adopted son" in a huge mansion. Give them a gossiping old biddy, that wouldn't be gay at all. On the other hand, Lola Bunny has got a lot to answer for re: almost surely a big hand in creating furries.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How old are you people?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Pistachio Disguisey.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Someone was paid to write that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I would love to hear anyone talk about how insane Radio Flyer is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
But there is a lot of odd, off putting horror stuff in it too.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Biel is a really good actor but she was just coming off the TCM remake and was only really known for her fabulous body at the time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

precision posted:

Just listened to the Alex Jones/Bill Hicks episode of Blame it on Outer Space. It is everything I wanted. The only thing is that they didn't mention Alex Jones' first film role was Linklater's first film, Slacker.

Also, somehow I didn't know that Alex Jones is about my age. He seriously seems like he should be way older since that puts him as a 19 year old in Slacker, which doesn't seem right.

fake edit: Wait, no, he would have been 16 but also IMDB tells me he isn't in it anyway. Did someone change the Matrix again? :tinfoil:

There's more than one Ron Paul reference in Slacker, too, which is hilarious.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm not all the way through the episode yet, but when they started talking about what would really be going on at a camp without any adults or supervision, I'm surprised none of the guys mentioned Summer Camp Nightmare, which is about a camp where the kids take over, tie up the counselors (and I think the camp owner gets shot), and go all Lord of the Flies. It's like a House Arrest/Camp Nowhere thing but waaaaaaaaaaaaay darker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo33mjBebPI

Ha, I always wondered what the name of this movie was.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ror posted:

Andrew didn't update the WHM Letterboxd page yet but I think he did spoil next week's episode if you want to know: http://i.imgur.com/8qLQ3p3.png

Yikes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was shocked that the guy who made The Warriors Director Cut also made The Warriors.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
RIP Meschach Taylor by the way.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Bogus Journey is one of the better "gently caress you" sequels, like Howling 2 and TCM 2.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I am almost surprised at how much I hated The Canon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Get the gently caress out of here if you don't like Elliot's letter songs.

After about ten episodes you start to think Al-Qaeda had a point.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brocktoon posted:

Has Southland Tales ever been mentioned as a "Stay Tuned"? That godawful mess may be worth calling in a request for.

Probably not, because unlike a lot of movies, you can't even describe what happens in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Armani posted:

That's harsh as gently caress but :wow: can you elaborate?

It's just so twee. Have you ever heard the podcast about Batman: The Animated Series? It's exactly like that. It's way too precious for me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's sort of a low key episode but after listening to it again I feel like The Pallbearer might be in the top 5 funniest episodes of the entire podcast. Cloudy was consistently hilarious, Schwimmer being a massive awful creep was great and just the general skewering of the worst sort of early 00's late 90's american independent film was wonderful.

I prefer Free Enterprise as that kind of thing because it's the exact kind of movie I despise. It's the closest they'll get to doing Tomcats.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Armani posted:

Hahaha, no I have not. I was just taken aback by the comment. I'll give it (The Flophouse) a listen - maybe I'll agree with you by the end, who knows?

I admit it was a little much.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MisterBibs posted:

Because Abin Sur doesn't entirely trust his ring; he's afraid of a prophecy called the Blackest Night. Which they brought up in Green Lantern: Secret Origin (iirc) that could have functioned wonderfully as a self-contained-but-setting-up-later-stories story.

I can't bring myself to listen to their take on GL; the design/art was so perfect that the story being so disappointing hurt even worse.

The cod-literalization of a creepy and effective short GL story is the emblem of how creatively bankrupt Johns is. I can't stand that thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

weekly font posted:

Selling it to drunks is just the smart way to sell it.

Yeah, just like Taco Bell.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Dominos is probably the king of that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The loving Rugrats Very Special Episode About Hannukah taught me more about Hannukah than this.

That was a pretty good episode.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yaws posted:

Mortal Kombat sucks for being a Mortal Kombat movie with no blood in it.

I'm honestly curious: did you even notice before it was pointed out?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Calaveron posted:

I remember this really old Jim Carrey movie that happens entirely in this guy's room. Carrey plays the devil or death or something, who comes for this really misanthropic dude who is constantly saying he'd rather drop dead than do X.
It was a really odd movie that probably happened before Carrey was a thing.

High Strung. I remember seeing that a couple times on HBO.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think I was around that same age when I saw it, too. I had no idea what to make of movies like that and Cabin Boy and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ace Ventura Jr. is a sight to behold.